NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

If they can prove it was him and that it wasn’t just a freak accident (ex: someone I know once tried to pull their child away from the curb to avoid being hit by a car and it dislocated their arm just due to how fragile these kids are at that age), he should be banned from the league considering his past.

The source said that the incident was against the couple’s son and resulted in the young child having a broken arm.
He needs a season off if this is true.

Agree and he'll be gone from KC. There was an absolute uproar here when the Chiefs drafted him with his history. He was on a zero tolerance policy. By all public appearances, it seemed he had done very well and had matured. But can't have this if it's true.

Brady’s weapons compared to Eli’s weapons last year is laughable.
Edelman missed 4 games.
Gordon only played 10 games.
Gronk was a shell of himself.
His other weapons were James White/Chris Hogan/Cord Patterson/Philip Dorsett.
Even putting Brady in the same sentence as Eli is blasphemy.
Give Brady OBJ/Shepard/Engram/Barkley/Vereen he does better than Eli.

Eli Manning has more losses since the Giants won their last Super Bowl in 2012 than Brady has had in his entire career which started in 2001.
Keep Brady out of Eli discussions.
Not to defend Eli, but Brady gets 6 wins each year with the Jets, Bills and Dophins.

Not to defend Eli, but Brady gets 6 wins each year with the Jets, Bills and Dophins.
He gets 6 games agains those teams not 6 wins.
All those teams play NE hard.
Miami has a winning record against NE at home in the Brady Era.
Buffalo has a really good defense.
NY Jets are a tough road game.

Those teams play NE hard and NE has swept the entire division 1 time in the Brady Era the 2007 season they went 16-0.

The AFCE teams may not be SB threats but they play NE really tough.

glad Raiders parted ways with that fat slob Donald Penn who missed the block that broke Carr's leg.

Gronk will get traded to LA Rams before next season ends.
He retired because he wanted more money.
He will comeback and the Rams will trade for him.

Scott Zolak Patriots radio announcer is saying Cowboys at Patriots Sunday night football season opener.

I don’t think I would like that to be the game.

Scott Zolak Patriots radio announcer is saying Cowboys at Patriots Sunday night football season opener.

I don’t think I would like that to be the game.

Who's Brady throwing to next year?

Who's Brady throwing to next year?
Belichick has a plan.
I have no idea what the plan is but he has a plan.
Edelman/White are solid.
Michel is a good RB.
New England media thinks Belichick will kick the tires on Stefan Diggs and/or AJ Green.

Pats need two WRs and a TE.
They have 12 draft picks including 2 second round and 3 third round picks.

I expect Hunter Renfrow from Clemson being one of their 3rd round picks.

Gronk will get traded to LA Rams before next season ends.
He retired because he wanted more money.
He will comeback and the Rams will trade for him.

Speaking definitively again on something you and everyone else know is far more unlikely than likely.

Speaking definitively again on something you and everyone else know is far more unlikely than likely.
Why the bleep do I need to say IMO for you?
My god I am giving a freaking opinion. Do you want me to say in every friggin message I am giving an opinion.
I can’t stand these posts. Use your head and realize it’s opinion.
If you disagree fine. I don’t care to waste any more time when you are bitching I am giving an opinion and act like I care if I end up wrong.

Belichick has a plan.
I have no idea what the plan is but he has a plan.
Edelman/White are solid.
Michel is a good RB.
New England media thinks Belichick will kick the tires on Stefan Diggs and/or AJ Green.

Pats need two WRs and a TE.
They have 12 draft picks including 2 second round and 3 third round picks.

I expect Hunter Renfrow from Clemson being one of their 3rd round picks.

Renfrow's draft stock will be so fascinating to me. Feels like if he's taken anywhere near the 3rd, he'll be one of the most unproductive prospects to ever be taken. Maybe he turns into an Adam Humphries level player but there's literally nothing there to suggest he will. An old, poor athlete that's never produced before should not be drafted, let alone be a Day 2 pick. There's really no logical argument for drafting him that early beyond "Belichick likes white WRs".

Renfrow's draft stock will be so fascinating to me. Feels like if he's taken anywhere near the 3rd, he'll be one of the most unproductive prospects to ever be taken. Maybe he turns into an Adam Humphries level player but there's literally nothing there to suggest he will. An old, poor athlete that's never produced before should not be drafted, let alone be a Day 2 pick. There's really no logical argument for drafting him that early beyond "Belichick likes white WRs".

PFF disagrees. His grades are really high. Catch rate out of the slot is absurdly high. Guy just knows how to separate and doesn't drop balls. That's valuable in a world where Cole Beasley and Humphries are now big-time FA acquisitions.

PFF disagrees. His grades are really high. Catch rate out of the slot is absurdly high. Guy just knows how to separate and doesn't drop balls. That's valuable in a world where Cole Beasley and Humphries are now big-time FA acquisitions.

Of the 74 WRs PFF graded for this year's draft class, Renfrow was #61 in overall grade.

And those two both went undrafted as their resumes at the time suggested they should. They are outliers just like Renfrow will be if he has an NFL career.

Last edited:
Of the 74 WRs PFF graded for this year's draft class, Renfrow was #61 in overall grade.

And those two both went undrafted as their resumes at the time suggested they should. They are outliers just like Renfrow will be if he has an NFL career.

Just from watching his slot work against us and against Alabama over the years, I think he definitely has as much of a shot at sticking as any other WR that's going to go most likely on day 3. His big drop off in production this year was certainly odd though. Imagine a lot of that is because Lawrence is just more aggressive than Bryant in going downfield due to being such a superior player.

He ran 4.59. He can play in the slot and Belichick wants a younger option for the slot.
The reason I said 3rd round is everyone knows the Patriots like him so they will have to take him a round early or they won’t get him.

Just from watching his slot work against us and against Alabama over the years, I think he definitely has as much of a shot at sticking as any other WR that's going to go most likely on day 3. His big drop off in production this year was certainly odd though. Imagine a lot of that is because Lawrence is just more aggressive than Bryant in going downfield due to being such a superior player.

Like I said, he could be an outlier like Humphries and Beasley that ends up being better in the NFL than he was in college, but his production didn't even really drop off much this year. He went from 600 yards to roughly 550 and his PFF grade dropped slightly. He's just never been a productive or highly rated guy.

The last two years, he put up 7 catches and 41 yards against Alabama combined in his two games against them after being a thorn in their side his freshman and sophomore year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom