NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Any chance Giants trade pick(s) for Rosen if Arizona takes Kyler?

Certainly can offer 2 3s now. Or a 2 if they prefer.

Wow I forgot the Browns signed Kareem Hunt holy Chit they are loaded.
That offense has more than the Chiefs.

Giants have 13 draft picks...

2-1’s
1-2
2-3’s
1-4
4-5’s
2-6’s
1-7

Massive draft capital. They’re moving.

D1fYEcyUkAAYoym

It’s amazing Belichick is taking a vacation at the start of FA.
Patriots media is trying to rile Patriots fans up about how they are doing nothing in FA but the start of FA is an auction and teams always overpay at the beginning in an auction.
Patriots fans are like meh whatever in In Bill We Trust.
Patriots will fill up on scraps.
Start the season 2-2 everyone will write them off as dead and then end up 11-5 or 12-4 and in contention for a bye.

Its going to hurt but I love that Miami’s taking this seriously and rebuilding from the ground up with young talent

The average NFL fan, certainly Baker and all of Cleveland...are about to find out that OBJ can’t catch a ball in traffic.

I hope Baker is as accurate as Eli or bring the popcorn...

Barkley was a terrible pick for where the Giants were as a contending team.
The team thought they could win last year and the season showed they couldn’t.
If Gettleman had it over again I don’t think he takes Barkley second overall.
RBs in the top 5 now don’t make sense.
Barkley is already a top 10 paid RB because the RB market is so suppressed and he is only in a second year thus his rookie deal isn’t exactly a bargain.

Giants need to rebuild their OL then find the next QB.
Eli is going to take a beating for the organization next year.
Load up on young talent in 2019. End up with a top 5 pick in this draft and get your QB next year.

They already have rebuilt their OL. They've added Solder, Hernandez and Zeitler in the last year so that's not really a huge issue anymore. I'm not even quite sure this is a tank move either as Gettleman probably saw the result of Brown becoming a mess and decided to jump the gun on that inevitable outcome. Eat the dead cap now in exchange for actual great assets in lieu of getting stuck with the gun pointed at your head like the Steelers did. Great trade for Cleveland but also understandable for the Giants. Go grab Haskins at #6, could have a choice of any WR outside of Metcalf at 17 or 38. Plugged the Collins spot with a guy that might actually be an upgrade at the position while saving enough to make up for a lot of that OBJ dead cap.

Its going to hurt but I love that Miami’s taking this seriously and rebuilding from the ground up with young talent
Miami is going to sign every available Patriot they can.
It is getting annoying Flores, Patricia, Vrabel all want ex-Patriots.
I think Miami has a good young coach.
They are going to tank next year most likely but Flores was a good DC.

They already have rebuilt their OL. They've added Solder, Hernandez and Zeitler in the last year so that's not really a huge issue anymore. I'm not even quite sure this is a tank move either as Gettleman probably saw the result of Brown becoming a mess and decided to jump the gun on that inevitable outcome. Eat the dead cap now in exchange for actual great assets in lieu of getting stuck with the gun pointed at your head like the Steelers did. Great trade for Cleveland but also understandable for the Giants. Go grab Haskins at #6, could have a choice of any WR outside of Metcalf at 17 or 38. Plugged the Collins spot with a guy that might actually be an upgrade at the position while saving enough to make up for a lot of that OBJ dead cap.

Their OL was very mediocre last year so the addition of Zeitler is not enough to shore up that group.

The average NFL fan, certainly Baker and all of Cleveland...are about to find out that OBJ can’t catch a ball in traffic.

I hope Baker is as accurate as Eli or bring the popcorn...
I admire your unwavering persistance

Miami is going to sign every available Patriot they can.
It is getting annoying Flores, Patricia, Vrabel all want ex-Patriots.
I think Miami has a good young coach.
They are going to tank next year most likely but Flores was a good DC.
Well they’re ditching bad habits of old that the jets and bills are currently embracing. Throwing all your eggs in one free agency period’s basket. I’d rather wait 2-3 years to build the foundation for 10+ solid years, then go all in for a chance at 2-3 good years. Time to build through the draft and signing solid guys where we can.

Their OL was very mediocre last year so the addition of Zeitler is not enough to shore up that group.

Well they have a solid LT and now have 2 guards that finished in the top 21 at their position per PFF. So to think that it will still be the disaster it was before is kind of dumb. They could still use upgrades at C or RT but it's nowhere close to what it has been of late and isn't something that HAS to be addressed in rd 1 by any means. Not sure there is a line that exists currently with 5 above average starters but the Giants now appear to have 3 which isn't too bad.

Wow I forgot the Browns signed Kareem Hunt holy Chit they are loaded.
That offense has more than the Chiefs.

Once Brady hangs it up we are going to see 10 years of Baker vs Mahomes deciding the AFC.

Looks like the Jets are signing Leveon Bell, according to reports. 4-year, $52 mill, $25 guaranteed.

Well they’re ditching bad habits of old that the jets and bills are currently embracing. Throwing all your eggs in one free agency period’s basket. I’d rather wait 2-3 years to build the foundation for 10+ solid years, then go all in for a chance at 2-3 good years. Time to build through the draft and signing solid guys where we can.

I don't think the Bills are doing that at all. They had $70m+ in cap space and some holes that could derail the team before the season even starts. They have plugged those holes with competent NFL players that all have front loaded deals. That now allows them to go BPA with all 10 picks they have this year and continue to build on a solid base that has started. The only guy they have signed that I imagine will be on the roster in 2021 is Mitch Morse.

Why do I get a feeling the OT the Raiders signed from the Patriots will all of a sudden see a massive increase in penalties called against in 2019?

Why do I get a feeling the OT the Raiders signed from the Patriots will all of a sudden see a massive increase in penalties called against in 2019?
Trent Brown is a good guy but he isn't worth what you paid but that is FA to a tee. The beginning of FA almost everyone gets overpaid.
Patriots OL coach was all over him all year long and kept the player from getting lazy. His rep was he was a talented player who would lose interest and take plays off.
To his credit kid played his butt off all last year but he was a hit or miss player. He was 85% hit and 15% miss. He had several games he had multiple penalties that were games the Pats lost because of mistakes at Miami and specifically at Pittsburgh where he had atleast 3 false start penalties.
Brown was money in the playoffs though.
You got a good player but now that he has his money I will be interested how motivated he will be. Your OL coach will have to coach him hard. I would have kept him for around 11-12 million per year but FAs get overpaid and the Raiders had the space.
Brown is a huge mountain of a man. If the Raiders don't let him get lazy he will be good.

Well the Raiders have the worst OL coach in the league (Tom Cable) so this will be great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom