NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Well they have a solid LT and now have 2 guards that finished in the top 21 at their position per PFF. So to think that it will still be the disaster it was before is kind of dumb. They could still use upgrades at C or RT but it's nowhere close to what it has been of late and isn't something that HAS to be addressed in rd 1 by any means. Not sure there is a line that exists currently with 5 above average starters but the Giants now appear to have 3 which isn't too bad.

lol did u watch this group last year? Classifying Solder as above average is "kind of dumb". He was not even an average LT. Manning was constantly under pressure and adding one guard to the line is not going to change that in a material way.

lol did u watch this group last year? Classifying Solder as above average is "kind of dumb". He was not even an average LT. Manning was constantly under pressure and adding one guard to the line is not going to change that in a material way.

Swapping out a garbage guard for a top 10 guard when that position equals 20% of that unit actually does change things in quite a significant way. Also this:

Nate Solder. 21st rated OT by PFF. 74.1 overall grade qualifies as above average.
Will Hernandez. 21st rated OG by PFF. 65.8 overall grade qualifies as above average.
Kevin Zeitler. 6th rated OG by PFF. 74.5 overall grade qualifies as above average.

D1JtWC8XQAUZw5Q.jpg:large

What does 1st among guards in pass-blocking grade mean? What's high score? Did I break it?

Classifying Solder as above average is "kind of dumb".

"At the midway point in the season, it looked as if the Giants had flushed their money down the proverbial drain with left tackle Nate Solder. He’d allowed six sacks and 20 total pressures through the first eight games. However, he rebounded in a big way over the second half of the year, allowing only one sack and 13 total pressures. "

Well they’re ditching bad habits of old that the jets and bills are currently embracing. Throwing all your eggs in one free agency period’s basket. I’d rather wait 2-3 years to build the foundation for 10+ solid years, then go all in for a chance at 2-3 good years. Time to build through the draft and signing solid guys where we can.
The approach of the 2019 Bills offseason vs that of the 2019 Jets and that of the old Miami regimes are in different stratospheres imo.

Jets have handed out $105.75M in guaranteed money to 4 players.

Bills have handed out $70.575M in guaranteed money to 9 players.

My mistake bills fans, I rescind my statement.

Swapping out a garbage guard for a top 10 guard when that position equals 20% of that unit actually does change things in quite a significant way. Also this:

Nate Solder. 21st rated OT by PFF. 74.1 overall grade qualifies as above average.
Will Hernandez. 21st rated OG by PFF. 65.8 overall grade qualifies as above average.
Kevin Zeitler. 6th rated OG by PFF. 74.5 overall grade qualifies as above average.

D1JtWC8XQAUZw5Q.jpg:large

What does 1st among guards in pass-blocking grade mean? What's high score? Did I break it?

Lane Johnson was rated the best tackle in pro football by PFF in 2017. He was asked what he thought of it and he said PFF's methodology is very flawed. I don't know about that but I watched Solder a lot last year and watched their OL as a whole. They sucked. And I bet there are a lot of NYG fans on this board that would differ with your assessment of that OL.

"At the midway point in the season, it looked as if the Giants had flushed their money down the proverbial drain with left tackle Nate Solder. He’d allowed six sacks and 20 total pressures through the first eight games. However, he rebounded in a big way over the second half of the year, allowing only one sack and 13 total pressures. "

What a coincidence. The NYG's schedule was much tougher in the first half of the year than it was in the second. You raved about three of their OLinemen but unfortunately if you have two weak Olinemen then your OL sucks.

What a coincidence. The NYG's schedule was much tougher in the first half of the year than it was in the second. You raved about three of their OLinemen but unfortunately if you have two weak Olinemen then your OL sucks.
Giants cut 2 OL after week 7.

The starting C broke his leg week 2.

His backup was benched week 8.

The OL was better the 2nd half.

So was Solder.

They were 9-7. D failed them.

Giants cut 2 OL after week 7.

The starting C broke his leg week 2.

His backup was benched week 8.

The OL was better the 2nd half.

So was Solder.

They were 9-7. D failed them.

Wait a sec there fella. I thought ELI's struggles were highly correlated to a weak OL. That's what you said a few months ago.

Wait a sec there fella. I thought ELI's struggles were highly correlated to a weak OL. That's what you said a few months ago.
They most certainly were.

But they showed improvement.

I believe they went from 32nd to 31st best.

Don’t forget, Eli ‘won’ 9 games and still managed to throw for more yards to his WRs than Brady and board lovetoy Rivers.

Don’t forget, Eli ‘won’ 9 games and still managed to throw for more yards to his WRs than Brady and board lovetoy Rivers.

Just curious would you address the OL in the draft or do u think they're good as is?

Just curious would you address the OL in the draft or do u think they're good as is?
Have to go DL now, I’d like a LB at 17.

Another DL/LB/DB/DLsbury at 38 or whatever.

Wait, scratch that last one, actually, shoot it.

Still need a RT and depth, but I’m fine with the starters named already.

Brady’s weapons compared to Eli’s weapons last year is laughable.
Edelman missed 4 games.
Gordon only played 10 games.
Gronk was a shell of himself.
His other weapons were James White/Chris Hogan/Cord Patterson/Philip Dorsett.
Even putting Brady in the same sentence as Eli is blasphemy.
Give Brady OBJ/Shepard/Engram/Barkley/Vereen he does better than Eli.

Eli Manning has more losses since the Giants won their last Super Bowl in 2012 than Brady has had in his entire career which started in 2001.
Keep Brady out of Eli discussions.

Brady’s weapons compared to Eli’s weapons last year is laughable.
Edelman missed 4 games.
Gordon only played 10 games.
Gronk was a shell of himself.
His other weapons were James White/Chris Hogan/Cord Patterson/Philip Dorsett.
Even putting Brady in the same sentence as Eli is blasphemy.
Give Brady OBJ/Shepard/Engram/Barkley/Vereen he does better than Eli.

Eli Manning has more losses since the Giants won their last Super Bowl in 2012 than Brady has had in his entire career which started in 2001.
Keep Brady out of Eli discussions.
That was more to point out this stupid fallacy that boomer, Gio and the CMB idiots are pressing that Eli’s high completion % and yards were all because of Barkley.

Eli threw downfield, and yes...if Brady had his weapons it wouldn’t have been fair.

But remember, he didn’t have Eli’s line either.

And the book on tommy for 20 years is if you get to him, he sucks. Well, Eli was got to every time he dropped back...and did pretty good.

Have to go DL now, I’d like a LB at 17.

Another DL/LB/DB/DLsbury at 38 or whatever.

Wait, scratch that last one, actually, shoot it.

Still need a RT and depth, but I’m fine with the starters named already.

I'm still interested if they go Haskins at 6 or go BPA. It's probably quite difficult to look at the roster and accurately gauge what your talent level is and if you are better off grabbing a QB this year to redshirt and have ready to play in 2020 or do they think that they will be picking in the top 5 next year and prefer Tua, Herbert, Fromm or whoever else over this years class? It just doesn't seem that a guy like Gettleman is looking at the roster he has built and planning on going 4-12 this year.

Teddy resigned...

Rooms spinnin real fast...

From the smell of Miami’s qb room

Tannehill a titan.

Now it’s getting fun.

Dolphins are going to sign Colin Kaepernick book it.
All nonsense and everything about him aside I’d quit. The price tag would be substantial.

Seems like a good trade from Miami's perspective. Question becomes who ends up starting for them this year though. Could sign Bortles, trade for Rosen/Carr, trade up in the draft, or stay put and hope someone slides to them.

All nonsense and everything about him aside I’d quit. The price tag would be substantial.

Give the Bills a 3rd and that 2020 4th from the Titans and we'll let you move up from 13 to 9 to grab a QB before the Broncos do.

I don’t understand, Mariotta was the 2nd pick in the draft, I’m repeatedly told in here that the Giants absolutely should’ve taken a QB at 2 and now they most definitely must take one at 6.

Does this mean that sometimes highly drafted QBs don’t work out????!!!!

So confused..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom