NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Trueblue25
The Dolphins have been ridiculed on a nationwide basis because everyone thought they were trying to lose intentionally.
Their coaching infrastructure is based in Foxboro. Brian Flores and Chad O’Shea.
No one should be surprised that they are competing and winning.
More reasons to disregard anything media says
They beat Buffalo next week

Are the Packers allowed to have any calls go against them?
My god people can complain all they want about the Patriots they have the best coaching staff in the league and preach situational football.
The Packers get every single break in home games it’s insane how many points better you have to be in Lambeau.
HFA is worth a couple extra points in Green Bay.

With Saints losing today the Packers have moved into the #2 seed line.

Trueblue25
The Dolphins have been ridiculed on a nationwide basis because everyone thought they were trying to lose intentionally.
Their coaching infrastructure is based in Foxboro. Brian Flores and Chad O’Shea.
No one should be surprised that they are competing and winning.
More reasons to disregard anything media says
Flores has them playing hard, its been noticeable for weeks now.

with prime time games all NFC affairs, here's the AFC playoff picture:

#1 Patriots 8-1 bye
#2 Ravens 7-2 bye

#3 Texans 6-3 vs. #6 Steelers 5-4
#4 Chiefs 6-4 vs. #5 Bills 6-3

Steelers get the last spot on the conference record tiebreaker over the Raiders and Colts.

#1 Patriots 8-1 bye
#2 Ravens 7-2 bye

Steelers get the last spot on the conference record tiebreaker over the Raiders and Colts.

Bills D has got this on lock! :p

#1 Patriots 8-1 bye
#2 Ravens 7-2 bye

Patriots and Ravens are going to get the byes unless NE falls apart but the AFC overall isn't that bad.
Chiefs swiss cheese D will screw them in January.
Ravens look really good on offense. They are the reverse New England.
If the Raiders can beat KC in KC I could see them winning the division.

If I knew Dallas was going to wear their cursed blue jerseys at home I wouldn't have liked them as much this week.

Patriots and Ravens are going to get the byes unless NE falls apart but the AFC overall isn't that bad.
Chiefs swiss cheese D will screw them in January.
Ravens look really good on offense. They are the reverse New England.
If the Raiders can beat KC in KC I could see them winning the division.

The Chiefs D hasn't been all that bad. And with that qb they can win anywhere.

Can someone explain to me why Rivera went for 2 when Carolina scored to make it 24-16?

I dont think I’ve ever seen a team go for two when 1 would cut it to 7.

You watched what the Titans did to them no? Derrick Henry destroyed them.

The Chiefs have a bad defense. Their offense is elite and they have lost 3 home games already this year.

They can’t control the game though .. they have one speed .. score fast or punt .. championship teams play complementary football ..

Can someone explain to me why Rivera went for 2 when Carolina scored to make it 24-16?

I dont think I’ve ever seen a team go for two when 1 would cut it to 7.
It's smart. Rivera went for 2 to increase his chances of a win vs a tie and OT, and if they fail, they know what they have to do on the next drive. By going for 2 it means they can win in regulation if they convert and get another TD/XP and if they miss they can go for 2 and tie.
With a 38 yard XP its not a guarantee anymore.

You watched what the Titans did to them no? Derrick Henry destroyed them.

The Chiefs have a bad defense. Their offense is elite and they have lost 3 home games already this year.

Ya I try not to be prisoner of the moment. The D was like 11th in Football Outsiders before today & they gave up a defensive score. Rodgers played out of his mind. Pretty much dominated the Ravens. Mahomes was on a gimpy ankle for those other home games. Elite QBs travel better than anything.

I was not as high on them as others before the season but it's a clear "buy low" team to me. Obviously they're softer than you'd like vs the run.

Ya I try not to be prisoner of the moment. The D was like 11th in Football Outsiders before today & they gave up a defensive score. Rodgers played out of his mind. Pretty much dominated the Ravens. Mahomes was on a gimpy ankle for those other home games. Elite QBs travel better than anything.

I was not as high on them as others before the season but it's a clear "buy low" team to me. Obviously they're softer than you'd like vs the run.
As a Pats fan I fear Baltimore and Houston right now more than Kansas City. Pats have a weaker O so going up against a weaker D will help them. I think KC has the weakest D of those 3.

I'm impressed with Jason Garrett. He continually finds new and creative ways to lose games. Looks like he has the 'Boys closing in on yet another .500 season.

giphy.gif

It's smart. Rivera went for 2 to increase his chances of a win vs a tie and OT, and if they fail, they know what they have to do on the next drive. By going for 2 it means they can win in regulation if they convert and get another TD/XP and if they miss they can go for 2 and tie.
With a 38 yard XP its not a guarantee anymore.

It’s unnecessarily risky when you’re playing a team you’re relatively evenly matched with ... there was so much time left in the game .

Do coaches still use this?

The new analytics likely have supplanted the old card .. however the analytics fail to take into account the momentum swings that occur with things like missed concessions .. now instead of positive momentum from
Scoring a TD, you’re momentum is mitigated by leaving points on the field ..

I think as NFL analytics mature , some of the currently “woke” strategies en vogue will actually revert back to older ways ... much like how in baseball analytics are now starting to realize striking out does matter and BABIP isn’t in fact as luck based as we thought

I can't wait for Jason Garrett to get canned and it will happen and to quote Kaiser it will be glorious.

It’s unnecessarily risky when you’re playing a team you’re relatively evenly matched with ... there was so much time left in the game .

I've been seeing a lot of articles about this recently as I was initially confused when someone did it a few weeks ago. Going for 2 on the 1st TD increases chances of winning by somewhere in the 5-10% range given that you score the 2 TDs and give up no points during that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom