NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Cris Collinsworth is the worst.
All he does kiss NFL corporate a$$.

Maybe we got an Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho” situation ..

Patriots broke Jared Goff.
its tough to lose a SuperBowl, especially when you make it before your time or on a wing an prayer. NFL history is littered with more losing SuperBowl teams than ones who can get up off the carpet and get back.

anyone still want to tell me Rosen should be a Giant??

its tough to lose a SuperBowl, especially when you make it before your time or on a wing an prayer. NFL history is littered with more losing SuperBowl teams than ones who can get up off the carpet and get back.

anyone still want to tell me Rosen should be a Giant??
Patriots blue printed how to stop Jared the robot.
McVey doesn’t give him free reign and talks into his helmet until 15 seconds.
So the Patriots realized that and played a 6-1 base defense.
They had to 2 LB flood the gaps around the tackles and that killed the Rams play action game.
Teams have copied that in 2019 and it has shutdown the Rams offense this year.
Until Jared Goff can run the offense without babysitter Sean McVey teams won’t stop the SB gameplan.

I was wrong on Darnold and Jackson.
I was and still am high on Mayfield.
Rosen and Allen don’t appear to be that good but still have time.
The ghostbuster though is easy to confuse and throws off his back foot much.
Jackson isn’t Mahomes/Watson but he is really good at what he does.

Patriots blue printed how to stop Jared the robot.
McVey doesn’t give him free reign and talks into his helmet until 15 seconds.
So the Patriots realized that and played a 6-1 base defense.
They had to 2 LB flood the gaps around the tackles and that killed the Rams play action game.
Teams have copied that in 2019 and it has shutdown the Rams offense this year.
Until Jared Goff can run the offense without babysitter Sean McVey teams won’t stop the SB gameplan.

I was wrong on Darnold and Jackson.
I was and still am high on Mayfield.
Rosen and Allen don’t appear to be that good but still have time.
The ghostbuster though is easy to confuse and throws off his back foot much.
Jackson isn’t Mahomes/Watson but he is really good at what he does.
i think jackson is destined to be stopped and when it happens, it will be ugly.

darnold is not a good QB, but can be in the midwest or west. playing for the jets is not good for him.

ill give mayfield a slight pass, but he cant have an OBJ, not good for him.

goff has been outed is right.

i stil think allen can be stafford good, likely not Ryan good, certainly not Eli good.

rosen will be out of the NFL shortly, he will go surfing and open a tech company or something.

jones' fumbles are getting ridiculous, but his arm is great. need to work on the game/head speed.

Charles Rodgers passed away today. So much talent but didn't make it and one of the biggest busts in history. Sad story. Reported he had cancer and needed he needed a new liver.

I can't wait for Jason Garrett to get canned and it will happen and to quote Kaiser it will be glorious.

Going to take an epic collapse for it to happen imo. Jerrah just won't do it otherwise.

The new analytics likely have supplanted the old card .. however the analytics fail to take into account the momentum swings that occur with things like missed concessions .. now instead of positive momentum from
Scoring a TD, you’re momentum is mitigated by leaving points on the field ..

I think as NFL analytics mature , some of the currently “woke” strategies en vogue will actually revert back to older ways ... much like how in baseball analytics are now starting to realize striking out does matter and BABIP isn’t in fact as luck based as we thought

Facepalm. I like Gary Danielson strictly for being the only announcer not obsessed with momentum. That's such a crutch for the anti analytics guys. They're pro athletes ffs. It crushed them so much they got the ball back and drove the length of the field. Pederson did the same thing vs Minnesota last year. The year after he won a SB because he wasn't afraid of momentum.

Going for 2 down 8 is smart in the 4th quarter only.
XPs aren’t automatic anymore. Ravens lost to the Saints last year because their kicker missed a last second XP.
If you make the 2 point conversion your chance to win increased and if you miss then it’s still 1 possession. The chance to go 1 for 2 on 2 point conversions isn’t that hard.

Going to take an epic collapse for it to happen imo. Jerrah just won't do it otherwise.
I don't agree jerrah has had it with him which is why he didn't give him an extension. They. Miss the playoffs he's done and it's very likely with Philly's schedule.

Dallas has way too much talent to be 5-4. They should have two more wins. Last night and the Jets. Top 12 on both sides of the ball, but Garrett is clueless at game management.
The talent on that Dallas defense is good to be as inconsistent as it is. Jones doesn't want strong coaches he wants to win his way.
I thought Philadelphia to had to beat Buffalo. I think if Philly beats NE they are winning the NFC East. If NE beats Philly I think it comes to down to head to head in Philly.

Dallas has to play New England, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, LA Rams. I see atleast 2 losses in there.

Dallas has way too much talent to be 5-4. They should have two more wins. Last night and the Jets. Top 12 on both sides of the ball, but Garrett is clueless at game management.

To me it looked like two evenly matched teams , one performed a little better (without the best wideout ) so I don’t think the outcome was on anything but the players

How come nobody made a big deal about the obvious forward pass by Goff called a fumble and returned for a TD by Fitzpatrick ?

How come nobody made a big deal about the obvious forward pass by Goff called a fumble and returned for a TD by Fitzpatrick ?

And yet the fumble returned by the Bills in the 4th quarter was overturned...

And yet the fumble returned by the Bills in the 4th quarter was overturned...

That was obviously a forward pass. Just because it was a short shovel pass doesn't mean it wasn't a forward pass

San Fran DL will destroy bad OLs. Seattle's OL is going to get Wilson injured tonight if they don't adjust.

That was obviously a forward pass. Just because it was a short shovel pass doesn't mean it wasn't a forward pass

Yeah I didn’t see the Goff play, but the shovel pass is the right call on Mayfield and why they do that instead of handing off.

It actually wasn't that obvious. I mean it probably was forward, but it's not what they called on the field. Reading some of the analyses of it, the ball never really went forward, just kinda straight up and down. And his arm didn't really move all that much either. A flick of the wrist almost more than a forward motion.

Yikes just saw this. Definitely should have been incomplete.

Wasn't ruled that way last year in the Bills/Vikes game. Also, some are saying that Mayfield didn't toss it forward

It actually wasn't that obvious. I mean it probably was forward, but it's not what they called on the field. Reading some of the analyses of it, the ball never really went forward, just kinda straight up and down. And his arm didn't really move all that much either. A flick of the wrist almost more than a forward motion.

Yep - there was really no replay that showed clear or convincing proof that it was a forward pass. And it was ruled a fumble on the field.

Official said that Mayfield's "arm was moving forward"...doesn't the ball have to move forward as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom