NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

It actually wasn't that obvious. I mean it probably was forward, but it's not what they called on the field. Reading some of the analyses of it, the ball never really went forward, just kinda straight up and down. And his arm didn't really move all that much either. A flick of the wrist almost more than a forward motion.

I know the bills got screwed on this call last year, but I think that always should be incomplete. The ball landed in front of him. Hard to argue a fumble IMO and that’s why teams do that instead of handing off to eliminate risk. In reality last years should have been incomplete and that was the call they were screwed on.

this was very similar to what happened on one of the Pats INTs against the Bills. Zay Jones was OOB and touched the ball before NE possessed it. But the refs missed that one too.

I know the bills got screwed on this call last year, but I think that always should be incomplete. The ball landed in front of him. Hard to argue a fumble IMO and that’s why teams do that instead of handing off to eliminate risk. In reality last years should have been incomplete and that was the call they were screwed on.

Issue is that I didn't see a replay today that clearly showed that Mayfield threw the ball forward. Did the refs see an attempted shovel pass and just assume that it went forward? All they said in their explanation was that Mayfield's "arm was moving forward"...well, was the ball moving forward too?

I guess, but it seems to me as though the ball should actually have to go forward, not just be dropped. The fact that it was called one way and was then overturned is what bothered me, even though I expected it to happen.

I guess, but it seems to me as though the ball should actually have to go forward, not just be dropped. The fact that it was called one way and was then overturned is what bothered me, even though I expected it to happen.

that's supposed to be the case

that's supposed to be the case

The ball must be going forward arm while it’s firmly in his possession.. to me it looked like the ball only went forward due to momentum while partially in his possession.

The ball must be going forward arm while it’s firmly in his possession.. to me it looked like the ball only went forward due to momentum while partially in his possession.

So, in your opinion, there was no clear or convincing evidence that it was a forward pass?

The problem these days is the refs are taught to let the play run and not blow the whistle. That usually leads to a call of fumble on the field which can then only be overturned with overwhelming evidence. I understand why they don't want to have inadvertent whistles but it leads to a bias in favor of the team that recovered the "fumble". Goff's play yesterday was a good example. If that had been ruled a forward pass on the field there is no way it would have been overturned.

refs just missed an obvious false start on the Seattle TD

that said, the Seattle D is pretty much winning this game by itself

Yeah the officiating is terrible. Worst call this weekend was not getting the coin toss right. Geno clearly called tails and the ref believed him when he called heads.

Wow. I completely missed that and I was watching live at that point. Maybe we ought to have booth reviews or challenges for the coin toss now. We have it for everything else now. I'm only partially serious but that is a HUGE mistake. Sherman didn't seem to notice either.

Who is the second best QB in the NFC West?
Jimmy G
Jared Goff
Kyler Murray
I go Murray 2nd
Jimmy G 3rd
Goff 4th.

Who is the second best QB in the NFC West?
Jimmy G
Jared Goff
Kyler Murray
I go Murray 2nd
Jimmy G 3rd
Goff 4th.
Agree. Definitely think Murray is second best , especially long term. Jimmy G is solid too but doesn’t have the legs Murray does. Until Goff shows he can play on the road and /or read defenses better without the coach in his ear , he has to be 4th.

Where does Cam fit next year if he's done in Carolina? Would they actually deal him to Tampa? Can't see that. Bears are extremely low on cap space and picks already. Broncos?

Where does Cam fit next year if he's done in Carolina? Would they actually deal him to Tampa? Can't see that. Bears are extremely low on cap space and picks already. Broncos?
Denver if they aren’t ready for Lock.
Raiders if they move on from Carr.
Dolphins if they don’t draft a QB.
Redskins if Haskins isn’t ready.
New England if Brady retires.
Tennessee isn’t resigning Mariotta.
LA Chargers don’t have a QB signed for next Year as Rivers is a FA.
Chicago will need a QB.
Bengals will need a QB.

Cam will find a new team.

Denver if they aren’t ready for Lock. - Possible
Raiders if they move on from Carr. - A lot of teams out there looking to get both worse and older at QB.
Dolphins if they don’t draft a QB. - That's not happening.
Redskins if Haskins isn’t ready. - Also not happening.
New England if Brady retires. - Would be hilarious.
Tennessee isn’t resigning Mariotta. - Mariota doesn't factor in. It's what they think about Tannehill.
LA Chargers don’t have a QB signed for next Year as Rivers is a FA. - Phils going nowhere.
Chicago will need a QB. - Don't have the cap space/asset mix at this time.
Bengals will need a QB. - Also not happening.

I think Cam may be washed tbh. Shoulder/Now Foot. Makes me wonder about someone like Lamar long term.

Denver if they aren’t ready for Lock.
Raiders if they move on from Carr.
Dolphins if they don’t draft a QB.
Redskins if Haskins isn’t ready.
New England if Brady retires.
Tennessee isn’t resigning Mariotta.
LA Chargers don’t have a QB signed for next Year as Rivers is a FA.
Chicago will need a QB.
Bengals will need a QB.

So might Eli.

I think Cam may be washed tbh. Shoulder/Now Foot. Makes me wonder about someone like Lamar long term.

I agree, I think Cam is shot. You take the run game out of the equation (and that is clearly diminished) and he's just not that good. Plus he's very banged up as you noted. That stuff takes its toll.

So Philly-Seattle will be the featured early game at 1pm.
Dallas at New England the national 4:25 game.
Green Bay-San Francisco SNF.

So Philly-Seattle will be the featured early game at 1pm.
Dallas at New England the national 4:25 game.
Green Bay-San Francisco SNF.

This is a mild positive for Philly. Have the west coast team come east to play an early tilt. Now if they could forget to bring Russell Wilson with them that would be even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom