NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

The hit on Rudolph was nothing. He pulls him down to the ground, not like he landed some massive cheap shot after he had thrown the ball. He probably should have let him go but he might not have even known that Rudolph had let go of the ball. Then Rudolph tries to rip his helmet off.

I’m in complete agreement that Garrett needs to be suspended for a real long time but it’s not like Rudolph is some innocent bystander. He tried to rip another guys helmet off, I think he should be suspended for 1 game too. If he doesn’t try to take Garrett’s helmet off first none of the rest happens.

The hit on Rudolph was nothing. He pulls him down to the ground, not like he landed some massive cheap shot after he had thrown the ball. He probably should have let him go but he might not have even known that Rudolph had let go of the ball. Then Rudolph tries to rip his helmet off.

I’m in complete agreement that Garrett needs to be suspended for a real long time but it’s not like Rudolph is some innocent bystander. He tried to rip another guys helmet off, I think he should be suspended for 1 game too. If he doesn’t try to take Garrett’s helmet off first none of the rest happens.

Pretty much my exact thoughts. I really don't think Garrett saw him release the ball and that's why he took him to the ground and then all of a sudden a guys trying to rip his helmet off his head. Helps that he has no history of cheap shots or anything so it's easier to try to see it for what it is and not just think he's a moron scumbag like Burfict.

Whatever the actual punishment is the NFL needs to tack on more than what they want so the appeal can knock some games off as they will.
12 games to equal the Burfict suspension is what I would give him.
I would give Garrett 16 games and if the appeal knocks it down to 10-12 okay.

So next year when one of the Red Sox pitchers is intentionally hitting a batter and ends up hitting him up near the head should he get a 162 game suspension? Seems fairly equivalent. In both cases the perpetrator is using a weapon.

So next year when one of the Red Sox pitchers is intentionally hitting a batter and ends up hitting him up near the head should he get a 162 game suspension? Seems fairly equivalent. In both cases the perpetrator is using a weapon.
That isn’t exactly the same thing.

I am in favor of harsh suspensions when pitchers intentionally throw at batters.

If a pitcher hits a batter and the batter then Chargers the mound and hits the pitcher in the head with their bat your damn right I want that hitter nailed with a large suspension.

If all they use is their hands then just a regular suspension.

Garrett swung the helmet with force at Rudolph he is lucky the contact barely grazed him.
If he catches Rudolph with the crown of the helmet with Garrett’s strength then Rudolph is big trouble.

I think precedent has to be set.

Garrett swung the helmet with force at Rudolph he is lucky the contact barely grazed him.
If he catches Rudolph with the crown of the helmet with Garrett’s strength then Rudolph is big trouble.

I think precedent has to be set.

I completely agree with this, I just don’t think Rudolph is completely innocent in all of this. The melee that occurred resulted from his initial reaction, if he doesn’t try to rip Garrett’s helmet off in the first place the rest of the scenario never happens. I believe he’s at fault in some of this. If Khalil Mack rips Rodgers helmet off on a play Mack is going to get in trouble. Rudolph tried to rip another players helmet off.

How the hell did you come up with that out of what I said? That Garrett got angry cuz Rudolph threw the ball sidearm? Good lord.

But we're not supposed to be outraged cuz Rudolph didn't have his skull crushed?

According to your earlier logic with Garrett and Rudolph, if the batter was not injured then it wouldn't matter. No matter the intent.

You're really trying the "he did it first" defense?

You're really trying the "he did it first" defense?

If someone breaks into a house and gets shot as a result, do we not blame the burglar?

It’s only considered a “defense” if I believe Garrett shouldn’t be punished. I clearly stated he deserves a tough punishment. Rudolph also tried to rip his opponents helmet off, how is he have no guilt. He causes the whole melee.

Rudolph wanting to fight until he got clubbed with his own helmet, and then throwing his hands up and crying was highly comical. And he deserved it - both for starting it and for acting like such a bitch as soon as he realized “oh, this guy’s serious”.

Rudolph wanting to fight until he got clubbed with his own helmet, and then throwing his hands up and crying was highly comical. And he deserved it - both for starting it and for acting like such a bitch as soon as he realized “oh, this guy’s serious”.

This made me laugh but that’s exactly how I saw him acting too.

Have to agree with you on Rudolph's actions after he got hit. The rest was generic NFL fight nonsense until Garrett went insane. He's got what, 40-50 pounds on Rudolph?

If someone breaks into a house and gets shot as a result, do we not blame the burglar?

It’s only considered a “defense” if I believe Garrett shouldn’t be punished. I clearly stated he deserves a tough punishment. Rudolph also tried to rip his opponents helmet off, how is he have no guilt. He causes the whole melee.
Rudolph was clearly frustrated. I've got no problem with him showing that frustration. Garrett won the game, why go nuts like he did? Terrible optics for him

Rudolph was clearly frustrated. I've got no problem with him showing that frustration. Garrett won the game, why go nuts like he did? Terrible optics for him

I don’t disagree with this, I think he just flipped, not a good look. I just think if Rudolph doesn’t try to rip his helmet off first and then continue to go after him, the rest doesn’t happen. He starts the whole incident that spiraled out of control, he’s gotta bear some responsibility. I think

Bills fans should appreciate all the 1pm Sunday starts they get.
That really helps their team. I hate SNF games.

EJfuwQtXUAENCzP

Bills fans should appreciate all the 1pm Sunday starts they get.
That really helps their team. I hate SNF games.

EJfuwQtXUAENCzP

Can assure you that we don't enjoy having 0 attention.

For sure.
Also don't think that Garrett needed to slam Rudolph to the turf when he didn't have the ball and then roll on top of him, all during the last play of the game. That would piss any QB off but yet somehow Rudolph was the instigator.

Then you have Josina Anderson of ESPN who speculated that Rudolph must have said something racist to Garrett, otherwise Garrett wouldn't be so upset. Where does that network find these hot take jerks?

kap skipper the nfl tryout. NFL wouldn’t allow media and kap wanted media there. So kap went to a local HS and had his own. The scouts that did go to the HS were supposedly impressed with one saying his arm was elite.

kap skipper the nfl tryout. NFL wouldn’t allow media and kap wanted media there. So kap went to a local HS and had his own. The scouts that did go to the HS were supposedly impressed with one saying his arm was elite.

Tank for Tua done-zo now? Poor kid shouldn't have still been out there at that point in the blowout. That being said it could've happened at any point. Hope that isn't the Bo Jackson injury for his own sake.

Smith talking out his ass like usual.

This may be a first for me but SAS is 100% on the money. Incredibly obvious that Kap wants to be a martyr and has zero interest in playing in the NFL. Doesn't need the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom