NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

BTW - Carsy-cakes was sacked 31 times in 11 games last year.

He was on pace to get keyster'd 45 times if he hadn't been so fra-gee-lay.

Nice try but Eagle QBs were sacked 33 times in 2017 and 40 times in 2018. Neither of those are anywhere near 56.

You are correct, I am struggling with figuring out how your brain works. You said that Tyron Smith is not in Lane Johnson's league. That coming after potentially Smith's worst season. During that season he was still graded higher than Johnson via PFF who I would hope you would admit are far more knowledgeable about blocking than you will ever be. So please help my struggling brain understand how despite outgrading him via the most widely accepted grading service that Smith is not just an inferior player to Johnson but isn't even in his league. I'll hang up and listen.

Gotta give u credit, chugger. You deftly turn the debate about whose offensive line is better into a Smith v Johnson discussion. I can come around to say that Smith is in Johnson's league. I think Johnson is a better pass protector and Smith is a better run blocker.

Sorry but when u give up 56 sacks you're not an elite offensive line.

Read #2. Second worst in the league in terms of sacks allowed despite the fact that the Cowboys like to pound the rock and defenses have to honor their play action because of Elliott.. Those are hideous stats.

Nice try but Eagle QBs were sacked 33 times in 2017 and 40 times in 2018. Neither of those are anywhere near 56.

What can I say - Nick Foles is a better QB!

He went 4-1 and only ate 9 sacks.

Carsy-cakes was 5-6 while eating 31 sacks.

(Including two losses to the vastly inferior Cowboys).

Philly let the wrong guy go!

What can I say - Nick Foles is a better QB!

He went 4-1 and only ate 9 sacks.

Carsy-cakes was 5-6 while eating 31 sacks.

(Including two losses to the vastly inferior Cowboys).

Philly let the wrong guy go!

I like Nick Foles but I'm not sure he would have played in a playoff game were it not for Wentz having an MVP type season in 2017 that enabled Philly to secure home field advantage.

You and I know you'd have been doing cartwheels if Philly let Wentz go.

You are correct, I am struggling with figuring out how your brain works. You said that Tyron Smith is not in Lane Johnson's league. That coming after potentially Smith's worst season. During that season he was still graded higher than Johnson via PFF who I would hope you would admit are far more knowledgeable about blocking than you will ever be. So please help my struggling brain understand how despite outgrading him via the most widely accepted grading service that Smith is not just an inferior player to Johnson but isn't even in his league. I'll hang up and listen.

I decided to check out PFF's pre-season rankings of all of the NFL's O Lines since they're the "most accepted grading service". Lo and behold they had Philly ranked #1 heading into this season. PFF also had Philly ranked #1 at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. I guess that's why my views on the topic are severely skewed.

I had the same thought and read somewhere that 55 yarder was her first ever attempt.

I'm guessing her range will be considerably reduced as she reduces her run up from 6 yards. I bet she'd be pretty damn accurate from under 45.
I have often thought my son could punt, maybe kick, if soccer doesn't work out. He regularly kicks the ball between 1/2 - 2/3 of the field length.
People running at you is a whole different experience, though.

I decided to check out PFF's pre-season rankings of all of the NFL's O Lines since they're the "most accepted grading service". Lo and behold they had Philly ranked #1 heading into this season. PFF also had Philly ranked #1 at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. I guess that's why my views on the topic are severely skewed.
That's the line, not the individual players.

How's that? Says the guy with the joyous reaction to the David Ortiz shooting.
Called out "other fans" being unknowledgeable. (Just funnin').
I was never joyous about any shooting. That's bordering on libelous.

I like Nick Foles but I'm not sure he would have played in a playoff game were it not for Wentz having an MVP type season in 2017 that enabled Philly to secure home field advantage.

You and I know you'd have been doing cartwheels if Philly let Wentz go.

Nah, Division QBs who go 2-3 against Dallas and can’t last a full season don’t scare me much.

Before his current 4 game skid against America’s Team, She-li was 14-13.

As much as I will enjoy watching the twilight of his career he’s a QB I would’ve been glad to see leave the division since he actually plays and has won stuff.

My opinion may change if your boy ever makes it a full year and wins a playoff game.

Edit - right now, Wentz is basically a ginger version of RG3. Both started 40 games and were 2-3 against Dallas.

(Except RG3 has actually played in a postseason game).

Last edited:
Called out "other fans" being unknowledgeable. (Just funnin').
I was never joyous about any shooting. That's bordering on libelous.

Whaa? Which fan base did I call out as being unknowledgeable?

Nah, Division QBs who go 2-3 against Dallas and can’t last a full season don’t scare me much.

Before his current 4 game skid against America’s Team, She-li was 14-13.

As much as I will enjoy watching the twilight of his career he’s a QB I would’ve been glad to see leave the division since he actually plays and has won stuff.

My opinion may change if your boy ever makes it a full year and wins a playoff game.

Edit - right now, Wentz is basically a ginger version of RG3. Both started 40 games and were 2-3 against Dallas.

(Except RG3 has actually played in a postseason game).

You're bordering on Kaiser territory now. You don't actually believe that, do you?

You're bordering on Kaiser territory now. You don't actually believe that, do you?
Why wouldn’t he??? wentz has really done nothing that nick freakin foles wasn’t able to do.

Iggs had a good front office build them correctly, but the trick is doing it again.

Obviously, this will be wentz’ 1st unless, I don’t know, is Vince young still the back up?? Wins it’s for him...

My $$ is on one hit super bowl wonders.

What Reese did to Eli is a fluckin shame.

Yet he takes the beating, doesn’t say a word and certainly didn’t quit and cry.

What was false in my post?

I understand that 11-2 before asking Foles to win him a SB keeps Iggs fans warm and cozy at night.

I get it.

Predicting playoff success for Carsy-cakes is the triumph of hope over experience.

It's the equivalent of me predicting Jerry Jones will manage his roster wisely.

I've seen flashes! But is it enough to truly believe he won't fark it up?

No.

What was false in my post?

I understand that 11-2 before asking Foles to win him a SB keeps Iggs fans warm and cozy at night.

I get it.

Predicting playoff success for Carsy-cakes is the triumph of hope over experience.

It's the equivalent of me predicting Jerry Jones will manage his roster wisely.

I've seen flashes! But is it enough to truly believe he won't fark it up?

No.

Predicting playoff failure from a guy that has never had the chance is sorta strange to me. I get that he needs to remain healthy but if he does I'm pretty confident you're not gonna like what u see.

Why wouldn’t he??? wentz has really done nothing that nick freakin foles wasn’t able to do.

Iggs had a good front office build them correctly, but the trick is doing it again.

Obviously, this will be wentz’ 1st unless, I don’t know, is Vince young still the back up?? Wins it’s for him...

My $$ is on one hit super bowl wonders.

What Reese did to Eli is a fluckin shame.

Yet he takes the beating, doesn’t say a word and certainly didn’t quit and cry.

Wentz needs a great defense and an undrafted WR to catch a hail mary off his helmet.

Predicting playoff failure from a guy that has never had the chance is sorta strange to me. I get that he needs to remain healthy but if he does I'm pretty confident you're not gonna like what u see.

I'm saying he has better odds finishing 2019 on IR than starting a playoff game, not that he'll choke (if he ever makes it to the postseason).

It's really not that strange since he's ended 2/3 years on the shelf and failed to lead his team to the playoffs in that one healthy season.

Wentz needs a great defense and an undrafted WR to catch a hail mary off his helmet.
Everyone shlit on that D till Eli won it, then it just HAAAAAD, to be the D.

Tyree was drafted.

Anyone else???

Russell Wilson seems to be calling the plays for the Hawks in this last preseason game. Interesting.

Seattle front office does a really good job.
They traded Frank Clark on a franchise tag for a 1st and 2nd round picks.

Then they trade a 3rd round pick and players for Javadeon Clowney on a franchise tag.

So they traded Clark, players and a 3rd round pick for Clowney, a first and second round pick.

Dolphins are in full tank mode.
They are probably going to end up next year with Trevor Lawrence.

The Texans trade draft picks like candy.

2 first round picks, a second round pick for Tunsil and Stills is insanity.
The Dolphins are going to be really good 2-3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom