NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

At BEST the Giants will be 3-2 after 5 weeks. Most likely I think they are 2-3.

Both of those guys are healthy right now.

We disagree on the OLs. Time will tell. Kelce was the best center in the NFL last year. Did not give up a sack. Hard to imagine a better pair of tackles than Lane Johnson and Jason Peters. Brandon Brooks is a pro bowl caliber guard.

Well if injuries don't matter than Fredrick was the best center in football pretty much every season that he has played. T.Smith is superior to either tackle and Martin is superior to either guard. Only clear win is at RT.

At BEST the Giants will be 3-2 after 5 weeks. Most likely I think they are 2-3.

Don't go and get yourself burnt on the H0T Takes.

Well if injuries don't matter than Fredrick was the best center in football pretty much every season that he has played. T.Smith is superior to either tackle and Martin is superior to either guard. Only clear win is at RT.

Unfortunately I believe you haven't caught up with the notion that the Cowboys OL is not what it was three years ago. Dak was sacked 56 times last season. Smith is not the dominant force that he was a few years ago and he's not in Lane Johnson's league. Martin is a helluva player and so is Frederick IF he is fully healthy. I'm not sure Collins (gave up nine sacks last year) or Williams (really struggled last year) would even make the Eagles 53 man roster.

When the Giants are 5-0 heading into bradyville, you guys will all be wondering just what the fluck has happened to your season.
Even you don’t really believe this.

Smith is not the dominant force that he was a few years ago and he's not in Lane Johnson's league.

Lane Johnson is a great tackle.

I'll believe he's in Tyron Smith's league when Carson Wentz survives a full NFL season and Lane makes his sixth All Pro team.

Even with a bad back, neck or elbow, Smth has remained an elite tackle. He had a down year last year.

A down year for Tyron Smith is still something most NFL teams would've been grateful to have (cough...NYG...cough).

Lane Johnson is a great tackle.

I'll believe he's in Tyron Smith's league when Carson Wentz survives a full NFL season and Lane makes his sixth All Pro team.

Even with a bad back, neck or elbow, Smth has remained an elite tackle. He had a down year last year.

A down year for Tyron Smith is still something most NFL teams would've been grateful to have (cough...NYG...cough).

No doubt that Smith has had a great career. At one time he was the most dominant LT in the game. And he's still a very good LT but those nicks start to take their toll. Of course if we're going to base things on career accomplishments then Jason Peters might get the nod there cuz he's on his way to Canton. But right now Johnson is closer to his prime than either guy. Chugg breezed past Collins and Williams in his assessment but those are two weak links right there. And I didn't even get into depth where the best LT (Andre Dillard) in the 2019 draft is waiting in the wings to replace Peters either during this year or next year.

@Pokes, bills, @Bucs, redskins, Viks...

Why wouldn’t I believe it??

12-4 this year.
Who is the Giants best pass rusher?
When I look at the NYG roster I don’t see a defense that really impresses me.

Who is the Giants best pass rusher?
When I look at the NYG roster I don’t see a defense that really impresses me.
Strength is front 3 and Secondary.

Pass rush has been an issue since Osi and Tuck left.

GIANTS will just have to outscore those weak ballclubs. No Tate sucks, but Ei has the weapons to get it done.

No doubt that Smith has had a great career. At one time he was the most dominant LT in the game. And he's still a very good LT but those nicks start to take their toll. Of course if we're going to base things on career accomplishments then Jason Peters might get the nod there cuz he's on his way to Canton. But right now Johnson is closer to his prime than either guy. Chugg breezed past Collins and Williams in his assessment but those are two weak links right there. And I didn't even get into depth where the best LT (Andre Dillard) in the 2019 draft is waiting in the wings to replace Peters either during this year or next year.

You can move the goalposts and talk about Peters’ HOF career. No argument from me on his stellar 16 years.

Of course my post was replying to your absurd comment that Smith wasn’t in Lane Johnson’s league.

I don’t have to compare careers to know that Smith is certainly in the same league even as he plays through injuries.

Maybe Tyron should ask Lane what the best PEDs are. Will Lane’s next hot sample cost him 8 games or a full season?

Anyway, not worried about second year guard Connor Williams. He and the rest of the line will be fine with a full year working under Colombo.

It’s saying something when the OL coach fired mid season is now coaching in Potsdam, Germany. That hire was likely the final nail in Linehan’s coffin (Amen).

Dillard was a strong pick. I wasn’t thrilled he fell to your Iggs.

Unfortunately I believe you haven't caught up with the notion that the Cowboys OL is not what it was three years ago. Dak was sacked 56 times last season. Smith is not the dominant force that he was a few years ago and he's not in Lane Johnson's league. Martin is a helluva player and so is Frederick IF he is fully healthy. I'm not sure Collins (gave up nine sacks last year) or Williams (really struggled last year) would even make the Eagles 53 man roster.

Hmmm...so PFF still graded Smith higher last year in a down year and have him higher going into this year but good try being objective. I honestly don't care about the Eagles and dislike the Cowboys but your thoughts are severely skewed. Not quite Kaiser like but don't think even he believes the crap he says.

You can move the goalposts and talk about Peters’ HOF career. No argument from me on his stellar 16 years.

Of course my post was replying to your absurd comment that Smith wasn’t in Lane Johnson’s league.

I don’t have to compare careers to know that Smith is certainly in the same league even as he plays through injuries.

Maybe Tyron should ask Lane what the best PEDs are. Will Lane’s next hot sample cost him 8 games or a full season?

Anyway, not worried about second year guard Connor Williams. He and the rest of the line will be fine with a full year working under Colombo.

It’s saying something when the OL coach fired mid season is now coaching in Potsdam, Germany. That hire was likely the final nail in Linehan’s coffin (Amen).

Dillard was a strong pick. I wasn’t thrilled he fell to your Iggs.

No need to check with Lane on the PEDs. Smith can stay in his own locker room and check in with Robert Quinn on the latest and greatest in that department.

Hmmm...so PFF still graded Smith higher last year in a down year and have him higher going into this year but good try being objective. I honestly don't care about the Eagles and dislike the Cowboys but your thoughts are severely skewed. Not quite Kaiser like but don't think even he believes the crap he says.

My view is a very simple one that you are struggling with but that's ok. Three years ago the Dallas Cowboys clearly had the best OL in football. Here we are three years later, 3/5 of that line still remain so some folks assume they're still an elite offensive line. They're not. Their QB was sacked 56 friggin' times last year and they clearly had two weak links on their line in Collins and Williams.

If you want to get a better feel for how good Lane Johnson is then youtube his name. There is film footage of his games against guys like K Mack, Von Miller and DeMarcus Lawrence. He issues severe beatdowns to all three of those guys. Lawrence gets zero penetration against Johnson who doesn't need any help.

It's pretty much a consensus opinion that the Eagles have an elite OL. Not sure how that is "severely skewed".

Last edited:
No need to check with Lane on the PEDs. Smith can stay in his own locker room and check in with Robert Quinn on the latest and greatest in that department.

LOL, Lane Johnson is an admitted cheater. He's been suspended for almost a full season for repeated use of PEDs. His next violation has to be a full season ban, right?

Robert Quinn getting suspended for 2 games isn't, to borrow a phrase, in Lane Johnson's league. ;)

My view is a very simple one that you are struggling with but that's ok. Three years ago the Dallas Cowboys clearly had the best OL in football. Here we are three years later, 3/5 of that line still remain so some folks assume they're still an elite offensive line. They're not. Their QB was sacked 56 friggin' times last year and they clearly had two weak links on their line in Collins and Williams.

If you want to get a better feel for how good Lane Johnson is then youtube his name. There is film footage of his games against guys like K Mack, Von Miller and DeMarcus Lawrence. He issues severe beatdowns to all three of those guys. Lawrence gets zero penetration against Johnson who doesn't need any help.

It's pretty much a consensus opinion that the Eagles have an elite OL. Not sure how that is "severely skewed".

You are correct, I am struggling with figuring out how your brain works. You said that Tyron Smith is not in Lane Johnson's league. That coming after potentially Smith's worst season. During that season he was still graded higher than Johnson via PFF who I would hope you would admit are far more knowledgeable about blocking than you will ever be. So please help my struggling brain understand how despite outgrading him via the most widely accepted grading service that Smith is not just an inferior player to Johnson but isn't even in his league. I'll hang up and listen.

What happens on a fumbled snap ... if someone trucks her are they going to be victims of the me too movement ?

If she does it .. I can’t imagine anyone getting within 20 yards of her for reputation sake

But how much weaker could she be than a grammatica ?

What happens on a fumbled snap ... if someone trucks her are they going to be victims of the me too movement ?

If she does it .. I can’t imagine anyone getting within 20 yards of her for reputation sake

If she's out there, she's just like everyone else.

Btw not gonna defend the fanbase. Many are knowledgeable but the knuckle draggers give the rest of us a bad name. First game I took my son was when he was six years old. We go in the men's room and people are pissing in the sink. That was at the Vet. The Linc weeded some of the rif-raf out by requiring PSLs but there are still a fair amount of .
Nice humble brag

Th only video I saw was a too long run up to the FG. I think she could do it, but with work.

Th only video I saw was a too long run up to the FG. I think she could do it, but with work.

I had the same thought and read somewhere that 55 yarder was her first ever attempt.

I'm guessing her range will be considerably reduced as she reduces her run up from 6 yards. I bet she'd be pretty damn accurate from under 45.

Their QB was sacked 56 friggin' times last year and they clearly had two weak links on their line in Collins and Williams.

BTW - Carsy-cakes was sacked 31 times in 11 games last year.

He was on pace to get keyster'd 45 times if he hadn't been so fra-gee-lay.

LOL, Lane Johnson is an admitted cheater. He's been suspended for almost a full season for repeated use of PEDs. His next violation has to be a full season ban, right?

Robert Quinn getting suspended for 2 games isn't, to borrow a phrase, in Lane Johnson's league. ;)

I would agree, next ban should be for a year. I'm sure Demarcus Lawrence would be ok with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom