NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I'm a little tired of the Saints crying tbh. They act like they're the only team to ever get jobbed. I could show a 2hour montage of Bills screwjobs in the Wade/Marrone eras alone that put their sorrows to shame, albeit in lesser games. Still they got a pretty good whistle in '09 vs the Vikings when they murdered Favre & got a chintzy PI call in OT. Now we're stuck with this replaying PI nonsense which is riddled with flawed unintended consequences and massive inconsistency. Who could've predicted that besides anyone with an IQ of 40+.

The bigger story to me is the Ben injury. If he needs TJ or flexor tendon surgery I wonder if he just hangs it up.
I was high on the Steelers before the season but honestly it’s looking like the talent carried the team and Tomlin isn’t a really good “coach”.

The guy is an NFL HC and will get another HC when he leaves Pittsburgh but that defense has looked atrocious 2 weeks in a row. The offense hasn’t adjusted to the fact Juju is going to be the gameplan to stop and not the 2nd WR getting the easier matchups.

I think Baltimore and Cleveland are close though.

I think the AFC is
Kansas City/New England and everyone else playing for 3rd barring major injuries.

The NFC is wide open.

I’m not gonna lie. Despite my love for Josh Allen, it kinda hurts my feelings to see how good Mahomes and Lamar are (also DK Metcalf, Cooper Kupp, and Chris Godwin, but those aren’t quite as painful yet)

I’m not gonna lie. Despite my love for Josh Allen, it kinda hurts my feelings to see how good Mahomes and Lamar are (also DK Metcalf, Cooper Kupp, and Chris Godwin, but those aren’t quite as painful yet)

Of course. Nobody wants to be that guy now but man that's an epic gaffe if he has a goatish career which is where he's tracking. ~300yds in a quarter without Hill, gmafb.

Nobody had a clue on Mahomes. I mean the guy played in a system that has been unstoppable in college.
It's crazy Chicago picked Trisbusky over him though.

Metcalf's success honestly the result of terrible coaching/preparation. The guy can only run a straight line. How coaches don't tell their DBs to bump the guy and get him off a vertical route is just stupid coaching. He shouldn't get a free release off the line until he shows he can run a route off a straight line.

If you knew about Kupp and Godwin before their drafts well done. A guy like Deebo Samuel is showing he is a good slot guy with speed as well.

Drew Brees out 6 weeks. The Cowboys schedule just got a lot easier. If they beat the Saints week 4. They get the Eagles and Packers at home. Could be a 8-0 start for the Cowboys.

Nobody had a clue on Mahomes. I mean the guy played in a system that has been unstoppable in college.
It's crazy Chicago picked Trisbusky over him though.

Metcalf's success honestly the result of terrible coaching/preparation. The guy can only run a straight line. How coaches don't tell their DBs to bump the guy and get him off a vertical route is just stupid coaching. He shouldn't get a free release off the line until he shows he can run a route off a straight line.

If you knew about Kupp and Godwin before their drafts well done. A guy like Deebo Samuel is showing he is a good slot guy with speed as well.
Mahomes was the best QB prospect I’ve seen since Luck personally. I understand McDermott didn’t trust the existing front office at the time to make a decision on a QB but it kills me. Lamar was to me the 2nd best prospect in that time and Buffalo traded up for Allen instead of just getting Lamar. I think Buffalo is in good hands anyways, but hurts nonetheless to see these two in the (admittedly very early) MVP discussion while Allen is just pretty solid.

Kupp and especially Godwin were easy calls IMO. I remember reading a breakdown of Godwin by this guy that focuses solely on WRs and he wrote about how Godwin’s success rate in college on every single different route WRs are asked to run was all in the good to elite category.

DK was similarly a no brainer albeit for a completely different reason. His route running just doesn’t really matter with the skills he brings to the table. He’s going to be faster than pretty much every corner he matches up against and will also be able to outjump and outreach every single one of them. He can’t be pressed because he’s already great at beating that. The only way you can defend him is with man to man with safety help over the top. He’s going to demand the attention of at least 2 DBs every play.

Edit: Deebo was my #2 WR in this year’s draft. I think he’ll be good too but DK should have been a top 10-15 pick IMO.

Wow the Cowboys are -21 against the Dolphins. The Patriots are 17 against the Jets.

NFL has 2 games with 17+ point spreads in week 3 for the first time in over 40 years.

Wow the Cowboys are -21 against the Dolphins. The Patriots are 17 against the Jets.

NFL has 2 games with 17+ point spreads in week 3 for the first time in over 40 years.
That’s generous, taking the boys on that

That’s generous, taking the boys on that
The only time I touched a line this high I got burned. The Jags-Broncos years ago with Peyton Manning I laid the points and the Jaguars covered.

I will say the Dolphins just look a like a dumpster fire though. Your OL just couldn't block yesterday. Fitzpatrick had no chance. Patriots could have scored more if they didn't play ball control.

The only time I touched a line this high I got burned. The Jags-Broncos years ago with Peyton Manning I laid the points and the Jaguars covered.

I will say the Dolphins just look a like a dumpster fire though. Your OL just couldn't block yesterday. Fitzpatrick had no chance. Patriots could have scored more if they didn't play ball control.
The Boys have far less decency than the Pats. They’re hoping a few big blow outs will make their fanbase feel better about the inevitable first round bounce coming

Lock 17 now because it will be over 20 after tonight.

Wow his career could be over. Steelers are a darkhorse for Trevor Lawrence if Ben retires.
If I were them and Ben retires play this year and next year with Rudolph and try to get a franchise QB.

Lock 17 now because it will be over 20 after tonight.
Now next week I do expect the Patriots to throw the ball and run it up on the Jets.
Belichick hates them and the Jets DBs suck. Good luck defending Edelman, Brown, Gordon, Dorsett.

I am going to lock that in tonight. Patriots 38-10 I could see easily.

Last edited:

There it is on Ben. Elbow surgery. I would assume that means missing time next year too?

Wow his career could be over. Steelers are a darkhorse for Trevor Lawrence if Ben retires.
If I were them and Ben retires play this year and next year with Rudolph and try to get a franchise QB.

Lawrence reeks of Jameis Winston to me. He's got a lot of talent at WR where he can just throw it up and they out athlete you. If these turnovers continue I don't think he's an automatic number one pick.

With Brees out and the rest of the NFC South teams looking mediocre I think 9 wins may win the division.

Lawrence reeks of Jameis Winston to me. He's got a lot of talent at WR where he can just throw it up and they out athlete you. If these turnovers continue I don't think he's an automatic number one pick.
I think the guy has improvements to make but he makes all the NFL passes. He needs to improve seeing the entire field. The second pick against us Thrill was playing underneath and he didn't see him.
I would tank for Lawrence he looks special.

With Brees out and the rest of the NFC South teams looking mediocre I think 9 wins may win the division.
If Payton believes Taysom Hill is Steve Young type player he is going to play QB in these games a lot more.

The fact Brees was in front of him had to restrict the amount you wanted to use Hill at QB. With Bridgewater as the QB I expect to see a lot of zone read mixed in with Hill.
Saints schedule isn't that hard.

There it is on Ben. Elbow surgery. I would assume that means missing time next year too?
If the season goes like we all think it will, this is there out from Tomlin and Ben.

Ben will get to be the Mercenary QB for hire everyone wants Eli to be.

I can see him walking from Pitt very easily.

If Payton believes Taysom Hill is Steve Young type player he is going to play QB in these games a lot more.

The fact Brees was in front of him had to restrict the amount you wanted to use Hill at QB. With Bridgewater as the QB I expect to see a lot of zone read mixed in with Hill.
Saints schedule isn't that hard.

I expect Kamara and Latavius Murray to see a significant increase in workload. I'd be much more optimistic if they still had Ingram as I haven't been that impressed with Murray the first two weeks. I also expect to see a lot more 7 and 8 man fronts.

I think he's done.

Not to often you see elbow injuries like this for QB's. He must have had a partial tear before this for it to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom