NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Listing a 4-0 preseason record sure better be a troll
Buffalo had a deep roster. I knew they were going to be a good team this year.
The preseason record showed the roster was good.

I can only assume pat Mahomes sold his soul to the devil.

Denver got royally screwed.
That roughing the passer call was horrible.
How the hell are refs so bad.

Cam Newton looks terrible. I never thought he was an all time great type QB but boy his play has fallen off.

Some of his throws just don’t even have a chance to be caught.
Plays like he dresses, terribly. He's more worried about coach running McCaffrey then letting him pass

I can only assume pat Mahomes sold his soul to the devil.

He’s so much fun to watch but also so painful knowing he was taken with Buffalo’s pick. I think Buffalo is in good hands with Allen but no doubt it could have been better hands.

Cam Newton looks terrible. I never thought he was an all time great type QB but boy his play has fallen off.

Some of his throws just don’t even have a chance to be caught.

Saw that. His throwing mechanics are not good, and his footwork is dreadful.

This SNF game is looking like a body bag game. Six guys injured so far between the two teams.

Officiating still sucks.

The officiating is inconsistent because they're part-time amateurs. The NFL owners don't want to pay for full-time (well, for at least 6 months anyway) professionals, and as long as they're still making tons of money they're not going to move on this. That aftermath of the blown interference call in the LAR/NOS playonff game last year proved that. The only way to get their attention is to boycott their games.

The officiating is inconsistent because they're part-time amateurs. The NFL owners don't want to pay for full-time (well, for at least 6 months anyway) professionals, and as long as they're still making tons of money they're not going to move on this. That aftermath of the blown interference call in the LAR/NOS playonff game last year proved that. The only way to get their attention is to boycott their games.
You obviously didn’t care to get the facts before this opinion.

The NFL hired 24 refs full time 3 years ago and has 80% of them Hired as full time since then.

The officiating sucks because the refs don’t do their jobs well. There is no excuse for the ref blowing that fumble dead today and cost the Saints a TD. They are taught to let the play go and then replay can review.
Instead the ref flat screwed the Saints. Last week the refs screwed the Saints out of a last minute drive.

The roughing the passer call in Denver swung a game to Chicago.
Officials need to get better. A clear majority of them are full time now.

One other issue with the refs is that many of them are 50+. The game is moving way too fast for them to keep up.

One other issue with the refs is that many of them are 50+. The game is moving way too fast for them to keep up.

Watch an NBA or NHL game and you can mistake the officials for the players , they’re in that good a shape .. and generally younger

the NFL has officials that look the same as officials at a pop Warner game

I agree age is a factor for many NFL officials.

Unfortunately young refs, like Shawn Hochuli, are also blowing many calls.

He ref’d DAL/WAS yesterday and made some really poor head scratching decisions.

He announced PI on a Skins receiver who was very clearly the victim of PI. Then, without a video review (thankfully), reverses the call to correctly call Dallas for PI.

How does a ref, with 6 assistants, blow that?!?

You obviously didn’t care to get the facts before this opinion.

The NFL hired 24 refs full time 3 years ago and has 80% of them Hired as full time since then.

The officiating sucks because the refs don’t do their jobs well. There is no excuse for the ref blowing that fumble dead today and cost the Saints a TD. They are taught to let the play go and then replay can review.
Instead the ref flat screwed the Saints. Last week the refs screwed the Saints out of a last minute drive.

The roughing the passer call in Denver swung a game to Chicago.
Officials need to get better. A clear majority of them are full time now.

I guess now if you hit the quarterback and don’t gently lay his head to rest on a pillow, it’s roughing

So stupid NFL rules on that Denver two pt conversion attempt .. they get a delay of game penalty .. so they can lose 5 from the 2 or 5 from the 15 .. they chose to kick from the 20

Then bears go offside ... but the rule is they can move it up from the 20 back to 15 and kick ..OR .. move up from the 2 to the 1 and go for 2 ..

Makes no sense .. it’s as if their initial penalty didn’t occur .. simplistically looking at it , they should have attempted the 2 from the 3.5 .. since their initial penalty moved it to the 7

So the NFC South could be open now.
Looks like Brees will be out atleast a few weeks. He is a ligament strain in the thumb.
If it’s not broken that should be 2-3 weeks. If he gets a pin put it then season could be in jeopardy.

So the NFC South could be open now.
Looks like Brees will be out atleast a few weeks. He is a ligament strain in the thumb.
If it’s not broken that should be 2-3 weeks. If he gets a pin put it then season could be in jeopardy.

Time for Bridgewater to prove his worth as the highest paid backup in the league and maybe throw a pass further than 5 yards downfield.

The bigger story to me is the Ben injury. If he needs TJ or flexor tendon surgery I wonder if he just hangs it up.

Not a Saints fan, but the #NFL has it out for this team. One of the first things drilled into officials since the advent of replay is let the plays go, you can fix it later. And they almost always do that now.

Not a Saints fan, but the #NFL has it out for this team. One of the first things drilled into officials since the advent of replay is let the plays go, you can fix it later. And they almost always do that now.

It doesn’t help that most fans still aren’t over Gregg Williamsgate.

The bigger story to me is the Ben injury. If he needs TJ or flexor tendon surgery I wonder if he just hangs it up.

Ben injury has certainly increased my hopes of the Bills sneaking into a WC spot. Between that, Luck retirement and Browns possibly being overhyped, I'm starting to feel like its meant to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom