NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

He has stopped running a lot to stay healthy.
Cam is a middle of the road QB now. He can move back up but since SB 50 he has been average to below average in relation to the other QBs in the league.

He ran 139 times in 2017 - the most in his career.
He ran 101 times in 14 games last year. He’s running the same as he always has if you look at the numbers.

Umm...hes finished 2nd & 3rd the last 2 years in passing qbr. Him next to Dak & Mitch is ridiculous. Everyone should agree.

Ben has his flaws but I agree those other two are not remotely in his league.

They hired Norv Turner to design less runs for Cam Newton.

Cam Newton is a middle of the road QB right now in this league.
He ran 139 times in 2017 - the most in his career.
He ran 101 times in 14 games last year. He’s running the same as he always has if you look at the numbers.

Ben has his flaws but I agree those other two are not remotely in his league.
In his league? Nobody is comparing resumes of guys.
Ben has a HOF resume.
Trubisky had a breakout second year and with a good staff is posed to be real good.
Dak is in year 4.
Of course those guys aren’t close to Ben’s career.

Ben puts up good numbers but he has been successful at home and mediocre on the road.
He is in the proper tier. The guy has had a top 5 OL, elite RB and elite WRs the last 5 years.
Trubrisky showed he can do well with good coaching as well.
Dak showed when he had Cooper he is in the proper tier.
Ben will show what he has left this year. The guy has gotten a pass for a lot of stupid stuff.

Ben has a HOF resume.
Trubisky had a breakout second year and with a good staff is posed to be real good.
Dak is in year 4.

Ben puts up good numbers but he has been successful at home and mediocre on the road.
He is in the proper tier. The guy has had a top 5 OL, elite RB and elite WRs the last 5 years.
Ben will show what he has left this year. The guy has gotten a pass for a lot of stupid stuff.
After the Steelers win in week one , what are people gonna say then ? ;) I’m teasing , but this year will for sure say a lot about Ben.

Hey now they missed fitzmagic on that list. Roll phins

If I had to choose one QB for one year (2019) - this would be the order:

Elite: 1.Brady 2.Mahomes 3.Brees 4.Rodgers

Very Good: 5.Luck 6.Rivers 7.Wilson 8.Ben

Good: 9.Wentz 10.Ryan 11.Watson 12.Goff

Average: 13.Dak 14.Cam 15.Stafford 16.Foles 17.Trubisky

Unknown: 18.Mayfield 19.Garrappolo 20.Darnold 21.Allen 22.Kyler 23.Jackson

Below Average: 24.Cousins 25.Carr 26.Mariota

Bad: 27.Dalton 28.Fitz 29.Keenum 30.Jameis 31.Eli 32.Flacco 33.Rosen

Buy: Wentz, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen
Sell: Brady, Ben

Last edited:
Ben has a HOF resume.
Dak is in year 4.

If you are really comparing Ben and Trubisky and saying they are of similar quality then this argument is pointless. One threw for 2000 more yds then the other.

If you are really comparing Ben and Trubisky and saying they are of similar quality then this argument is pointless. One threw for 2000 more yds then the other.
If you want to say Ben is the 9th best QB and Tribisky is the 15th best QB fine.
Ben is not better than Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Luck, Rivers, Ryan.

It’s debatable if you want to say he is better than Wentz, Watson, Goff. I would take all 3 of those guys over Ben right now.
Which puts him in a tier with Mayfield, Dak and Tribisky.
Nobody would argue he is a HOFer.
Ben is not a top 10 QB right now.
But yeah the point is completely off my god it’s subjective.

One had antonio brown and JJ SS

Ben has a HOF resume.
Dak is in year 4.

Who mentioned resumes or career? I'm talking right now. You seriously think Dak or Trubisky are the equal of Ben?

Who mentioned resumes or career? I'm talking right now. You seriously think Dak or Trubisky are the equal of Ben?
I do when you factor in the fact Ben has had a top 5 OL, well above average RB and Juju and Antonio Brown.

Ben has gotten a pass. His weapons have been top of the league and he has been elite at home and average on the road.
Trubisky was awful his rookie year and Nagy coached him up last year. I am not saying Ben is a bum I just think the guy has slipped the last few years when you look at QB play across the league and the weapons Ben has had.

He hasn’t carried an inferior roster.

I do when you factor in the fact Ben has had a top 5 OL, well above average RB and Juju and Antonio Brown.

Ben has gotten a pass. His weapons have been top of the league and he has been elite at home and average on the road.
Trubisky was awful his rookie year and Nagy coached him up last year. I am not saying Ben is a bum I just think the guy has slipped the last few years when you look at QB play across the league and the weapons Ben has had.

He hasn’t carried an inferior roster.

The Pittsburgh defense has been spotty over the years. Would you consider the notion that maybe Ben's weapons were made better by Ben's play?

The Pittsburgh defense has been spotty over the years. Would you consider the notion that maybe Ben's weapons were made better by Ben's play?
Let’s see how Antonio does with Derrick Carr.

One had antonio brown and JJ SS

Weird how all his weapons end up great in Pitt and not so great after they leave. They just keep hitting on mid-late wrs. Wonder who the constant is in that equation.

If you want to say Ben is the 9th best QB and Tribisky is the 15th best QB fine.
Ben is not better than Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Luck, Rivers, Ryan.

It’s debatable if you want to say he is better than Wentz, Watson, Goff. I would take all 3 of those guys over Ben right now.
Which puts him in a tier with Mayfield, Dak and Tribisky.
Nobody would argue he is a HOFer.
Ben is not a top 10 QB right now.
But yeah the point is completely off my god it’s subjective.
Between 9th and 15th is a significant amount.

Between 9th and 15th is a significant amount.
That is if you think Ben is 9th.
I would take Watson, Goff and Wentz over him.
Ben has a lot to prove this year and while I think he is going to come in motivated he needs to show it to believe it. Eli has taken chit I am being an equal opportunity critic.

Weird how all his weapons end up great in Pitt and not so great after they leave. They just keep hitting on mid-late wrs. Wonder who the constant is in that equation.
Plaxico Burress helped the Giants win a SB after he left Pittsburgh.

Antawn Randle-El was solid in Washington until he injured his neck after he left Pittsburgh.

Emanuel Sanders has been a stud for Denver and helped them win a SB after he left Pittsburgh.

Who else left Pitt?
Hines Ward retired a Steeler.
Heath Miller retired a Steeler.
Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Jesse James all left this offseason.

Ben’s weapons have been elite. It’s crazy how many times they thrown short passes to Juju or AB and there ability to make the first guy miss has turned a 5 yard pass into an explosion.

Brady has done the same thing with Welker, Amendola, and Edelman but when Brady had Randy Moss in 2007 you saw what happens when you give him an elite weapon like Antonio Brown has been.

Plaxico Burress helped the Giants win a SB after he left Pittsburgh.

Antawn Randle-El was solid in Washington until he injured his neck after he left Pittsburgh.

Emanuel Sanders has been a stud for Denver and helped them win a SB after he left Pittsburgh.

Who else left Pitt?
Hines Ward retired a Steeler.
Heath Miller retired a Steeler.
Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Jesse James all left this offseason.

Ben’s weapons have been elite. It’s crazy how many times they thrown short passes to Juju or AB and there ability to make the first guy miss has turned a 5 yard pass into an explosion.

Brady has done the same thing with Welker, Amendola, and Edelman but when Brady had Randy Moss in 2007 you saw what happens when you give him an elite weapon like Antonio Brown has been.
As a Steelers fan , I’m allowed to be biased against AB lol. You make a fair point. Juju and AB are for sure play makers. I’m not sure how you value them but two wrs that didn’t excel sans Ben IMO were mike Wallace and santonio Holmes.

As a Steelers fan , I’m allowed to be biased against AB lol. You make a fair point. Juju and AB are for sure play makers. I’m not sure how you value them but two wrs that didn’t excel sans Ben IMO were mike Wallace and santonio Holmes.
You are a Steelers fan you have every right to be pissed at AB for how he quit his way out of town and defend your current guy. I would do the same thing if I were a Steelers fanz
Mike Wallace went from about 70 catches 1100 yards with Pittsburgh to about 60 catches 900 yards with Miami and Baltimore.

I would say that would disprove notion Ben made him successful.

Holmes had the same amount of catches with Jets but with Pittsburgh averaged 400 yards more per season.
I wouldn’t argue Mark Sanchez is in the ballpark of Ben. I wouldn’t argue though Santonio sucking yardage wise when the offense for Jets was a ground and pound Rex Ryan offense that Holmes getting less yards means Ben made him successful.

Your franchise has the best track record in the NFL at drafting college WRs no doubt. I don’t think those guys have been products of Ben as their QB it’s your organization identifies WR talent really well.

That is if you think Ben is 9th.
I would take Watson, Goff and Wentz over him.
Ben has a lot to prove this year and while I think he is going to come in motivated he needs to show it to believe it. Eli has taken chit I am being an equal opportunity critic.

Except you are using the old fantasy football argument that he stinks on the road which didn't apply last year. He averaged like 330 yards and 2 tds per road game while completing 67% of his passes and a 94 QB rating. I don't even like the guy and hate his team but to put him on that same tier as Dak and Trubisky who both likely top out as game managers is completely bonkers.

Except you are using the old fantasy football argument that he stinks on the road which didn't apply last year. He averaged like 330 yards and 2 tds per road game while completing 67% of his passes and a 94 QB rating. I don't even like the guy and hate his team but to put him on that same tier as Dak and Trubisky who both likely top out as game managers is completely bonkers.

Game managers don't win games with 4th quarter comebacks.

Dak has 9 in three seasons (8 regular, 1 playoff)
Trubisky has 1 in two seasons (0 playoff)
Wentz has 4 in three seasons (0 playoff)

Big Ben has 7 in the past 3 seasons (0 playoff)

You are blinded by your hatred of America's Team if you think Prescott has been a worse QB than Big Ben since he joined the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom