NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Maybe Rudolph is good, but the Steelers schedule is also incredibly difficult outside of Miami/Jets..There's definately a scenario in there where Miami could have 2 of the top 4 or 5 picks in the draft. That's a lot to swallow IMO.

And if the Steelers had Fitzpatrick as the #3 or 4 player on their board last year which is completely possible as many did then that's still a wash if they aren't going QB regardless.

For all the puff pieces written about him in the offseason Cleveland hype train he's still Manziel 2.0 and will implode.

What a garbage statement. They are not even remotely similar. Talking about a drug addict drunk that was constantly in trouble and predicaments in college and the pros and then comparing him to a guy that hasn't 1 single time been in trouble for anything and was one of the best players and most accurate passers in NCAA history. Did Skip Bayless or Cowhard put that opinion into your brain because its completely ignorant honestly.

And I'm not a Browns, Baker or Oklahoma fan in any way.

Am I the only one that read the headline that Pittsburgh made a trade with the Dolphins for a Fitzpatrick the day after Big Ben got hurt and thought it was for Ryan?

I hope Dallas is 10-0 coming to to NE.
Just like in 2007 when you guys were 6-0 when we went into Dallas 6-0.

I think it actually would be a really good game. Not from a cocky Cowboys fan either. The makeup of the team and growth of Dak gives this group a different look. Cobb was a big addition and defensively the LBs are some of the best since the 90s. Also the NE defense might be one of the best ever going back to Brady's first SB. Just really really good.

Dallas hate is one thing, but to act like they suck...is another. And Philly?? Really? Philly looks awful.

lol cuz they lost in the last minute on the road to Atlanta while being down their two best WRs and their second TE who plays a lot. C'mon man. This is the NFL not the MEAC.

Even if it is the 10th pick or so, they already get a player with top 10 talent that has shown that he's good and they get him for 14 extra games this year which helps their struggling defense. They also get him for 3 years for a total of around $6m plus an option on the 4th year. The only way this is dumb is if Ben decides to retire which could happen but is extremely unlikely. They aren't a dumb franchise and have a lot more knowledge of the internal working of their team than us message board nerds.

They're def not a dumb franchise. Not sure anybody said that. In fact they're one of the best drafting franchises in the league. They must be sold on Rudolph cuz Ben is on his last legs whether he retires next year or not. It all really depends on where this pick lands. JMO but if it's a top ten pick then it's not a good move. If he had Ramsey's ability (without the baggage) then it would be a good move. He's solid but he's no superstar.

They'll win 4 out of 5. They wont lose to Dallas at home, Houston always rolls over for them, and the Eagles are already beat up. The game they most likely lose is Baltimore, but I could see Belichick make Jackson look like he needs to switch to RB.

Most of the Eagle injuries are not long term. That game is two months from now.

They're def not a dumb franchise. Not sure anybody said that. In fact they're one of the best drafting franchises in the league. They must be sold on Rudolph cuz Ben is on his last legs whether he retires next year or not. It all really depends on where this pick lands. JMO but if it's a top ten pick then it's not a good move. If he had Ramsey's ability (without the baggage) then it would be a good move. He's solid but he's no superstar.

I don't know about that. Most experts had him pegged a top 5 talent in last years draft. He just got pushed down because the QBs had to go.

I don't know about that. Most experts had him pegged a top 5 talent in last years draft. He just got pushed down because the QBs had to go.

No doubt he's a very good player but my understanding is he wants to play slot corner and Miami wanted him to play some safety. If he's not a shut-down corner then I don't think he's worth giving away an upper half of the first round draft pick. We'll see.

Most of the Eagle injuries are not long term. That game is two months from now.

Maybe so, but no team has made me more money or anyone more money than the Patriots the last 20 years and at Foxboro they are even better ats.

Maybe so, but no team has made me more money or anyone more money than the Patriots the last 20 years and at Foxboro they are even better ats.
Patriots will be coming off a bye week for the Eagles.
They are 15-4 off a bye week under Belichick.

I don’t think the Patriots will go 16-0 but they won’t be an underdog in any game this year.

What a garbage statement. They are not even remotely similar. Talking about a drug addict drunk that was constantly in trouble and predicaments in college and the pros and then comparing him to a guy that hasn't 1 single time been in trouble for anything and was one of the best players and most accurate passers in NCAA history. Did Skip Bayless or Cowhard put that opinion into your brain because its completely ignorant honestly.

And I'm not a Browns, Baker or Oklahoma fan in any way.

Patriots will be coming off a bye week for the Eagles.
They are 15-4 off a bye week under Belichick.

I don’t think the Patriots will go 16-0 but they won’t be an underdog in any game this year.

The last time they played off a bye week it didn't work out too well for the Hoodie. Eagles are also coming off a bye week for that game.

Last edited:
why is it so hard for them to come up with a decent ensemble? just put SVP in the booth with stephen a smith and let them talk about anything and it will be more entertaining

The game is at Lincoln Financial Field.

Ahh my mistake. I still would take the Pats as it stands now. I actually think the Cowboys are better than the Eagles.

You realize this happened years ago? Bunch of Colin Cowherds here. Weird.

And Baker has already accomplished more in one season than Manziel ever did.

They are not even remotely similar players. I really wanted the Saints to draft Mayfield to replace Brees.

Ahh my mistake. I still would take the Pats as it stands now. I actually think the Cowboys are better than the Eagles.

I could see the Pats being favored in that game but it's two months from now and a lot can happen between now and then. A lot of overreaction on this board just two weeks into the season. You kind of dismissed them out of hand as having no shot against NE. That seems crazy to me.

I could see the Pats being favored in that game but it's two months from now and a lot can happen between now and then. A lot of overreaction on this board just two weeks into the season. You kind of dismissed them out of hand as having no shot against NE. That seems crazy to me.

No shot isn't what I said. I don't think they would win at full strength. TBH I am a bit tired of the Eagles social media warriors. They would have you think Wentz is the second coming of Joe Montana/Tom Brady combined and he has won nothing yet.

why is it so hard for them to come up with a decent ensemble? just put SVP in the booth with stephen a smith and let them talk about anything and it will be more entertaining
NOT STEPHEN A SMITH. MY EAR DRUMS COULD NOT TAKE THE CONSTANT YELLING (as well as misuse of words)

No shot isn't what I said. I don't think they would win at full strength. TBH I am a bit tired of the Eagles social media warriors. They would have you think Wentz is the second coming of Joe Montana/Tom Brady combined and he has won nothing yet.

I was responding to your comment about the Eagles "already being beat up". Every injury sustained on Sunday Night was not of the nature that would preclude those players from playing NE in mid-November.

Who are these Eagles' social media warriors?

Is Jason Garrett still your HC?
If so then your scenario is completely implausible.

Yes, the same Jason Garrett who is 4-2 against Doug Pederson.

Glad to read you're switching gears to comparing head coaches while waiting for Wentz to actually do something.

Glad to read you're switching gears to comparing head coaches while waiting for Wentz to actually do something.

Apparently you didn't watch the 4Q Sunday night. He was pretty impressive but he could walk on water and you'd say he caused a ripple.

The same Jason Garrett that punted with 4th and 1 at his opponent's 42 yard line last year in OT? That guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom