NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

No joke I would make the NE-NYJ line NE -28.5.

The fact it’s only 17.5 right now is just begging for Brady to get injured.

I do think the Jets have a decent defense. They made Allen look pretty bad week 1 for 3 quarters.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is a nice player.
He hasn’t shown he is a all-pro CB.
One of the reasons the Dolphins were down on him was he didn’t want to be versatile. He only wanted to play slot CB.
Flores wanted to use him like a Swiss Army knife.
Pittsburgh better get to 7-9 as while I like Fitzpatrick this draft is deep at the QB position and the Steelers now committed to Ben off elbow surgery if Rudolph isn’t a starting QB.

The Steelers could be decent but what they gave up was way too much a gamble.
Fitzpatrick isn’t a game changer. CBs AT BEST shut down half the field if they are Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey and this guy isn’t that.

This sounds like spin coming from Miami.

Never heard of this Minkah character before this trade. I'm sure he's a nice player.

But the only Minka who truly matters in football is her:

1568725733469.png

Its a bonehead move imo.

I personally agree, mainly because I think Rudolph is trash.

But Pittsburgh is high on him and high on their team in general. They simply weren't interested in taking another QB like so many seem so desperate for them to do.

Great now the Pats are definitely going undefeated

I think it's pretty obvious. Minkah is on his 2nd year of his rookie deal and has already proven to be a good NFL player. They basically traded a pick that they would hope might turn into a Minkah-level prospect into Minkah.

They never had any intention of tanking for a QB; they think they have their short-term and long-term QBs already. Minkah helps them continue their push for another Super Bowl before Ben hangs it up, and when he does hang it up, they still have a very talented young player that they're adding to a struggling defense.

Those are all very fair points. The only problem is that first round pick they gave up may end up being a top ten pick. If that's the case then I don't think it was a good move.

Those are all very fair points. The only problem is that first round pick they gave up may end up being a top ten pick. If that's the case then I don't think it was a good move.
Agree. I like that they are showing that they are trying to get better and are not giving up attitude, I like it a lot. However, you have to think big picture. Minkah is good but does it make the Steelers a contender this year ? No. Maybe they win 6-7 games instead of 4-5, I have no idea. Unless they already knew what they were drafting next year. We need to see more Rudolph to know if he is the guy, I'm not convinced Ben is back next season. JMO.

The Boys have far less decency than the Pats. They’re hoping a few big blow outs will make their fanbase feel better about the inevitable first round bounce coming

Lol. We will see. Garrett being the coach keeps that song going. That said, it's the best offense from coordinator to having balance they have had and Dak actually looks like he has grown up. Defense is still solid and Richard staying on was huge. It might finally be time again for a breakthrough after 22 long years to at least make an NFC title game.

They will lose to Dallas.

Maybe. But if both teams are undefeated at that point, you know BB will have them ready to make a statement. For now the boys need to just progress to getting to and then winning a divisional playoff game. Pats game is just one game and they again look really really good especially on D.

That’s hilarious.

If anyone beats them it’ll be the Ravens, chiefs or MAYBE eagles

Dallas hate is one thing, but to act like they suck...is another. And Philly?? Really? Philly looks awful.

Dallas hate is one thing, but to act like they suck...is another. And Philly?? Really? Philly looks awful.
Dallas arguably has the most talented roster in the NFL. Our Oline is finally healthy again. Young receivers like Gallup have emerged as reliable. Only question mark is coaching, but the Patriots have an edge in coaching against everyone.

Dallas arguably has the most talented roster in the NFL. Our Oline is finally healthy again. Young receivers like Gallup have emerged as reliable. Only question mark is coaching, but the Patriots have an edge in coaching against everyone.

Yep. Quinn is back this week too. Gallup and Woods injuries hurt but thankfully are coming about as we face the fins and a generally weaker schedule than expected overall. The GB game will be a good test as that defense looks really good.

Dear lord Jamal Adams removed all jets info from his bio and unfollowed the jets

They don’t suck, they’re about to beat my phins by 80.

That being said the Pats will unravel them.

Even if it is the 10th pick or so, they already get a player with top 10 talent that has shown that he's good and they get him for 14 extra games this year which helps their struggling defense. They also get him for 3 years for a total of around $6m plus an option on the 4th year. The only way this is dumb is if Ben decides to retire which could happen but is extremely unlikely. They aren't a dumb franchise and have a lot more knowledge of the internal working of their team than us message board nerds.

Maybe Rudolph is good, but the Steelers schedule is also incredibly difficult outside of Miami/Jets..There's definately a scenario in there where Miami could have 2 of the top 4 or 5 picks in the draft. That's a lot to swallow IMO.

That’s hilarious.

If anyone beats them it’ll be the Ravens, chiefs or MAYBE eagles
Pats have a tough 6 week stretch they will lose atleast one. I said they are a 14-2 team. It’s their best all around roster since 2004.

@ Ravens
BYE
@ Eagles
Cowboys
@ Texans
Chiefs

That stretch they will lose a game.

Last edited:
Pats have a tough 6 week stretch they will lose atleast one. I said they are a 14-2 team. It’s their best all around roster since 2004.

@ Ravens
BYE
@ Eagles
Cowboys
@ Texans
Chiefs

That stretch they will a game.

They'll win 4 out of 5. They wont lose to Dallas at home, Houston always rolls over for them, and the Eagles are already beat up. The game they most likely lose is Baltimore, but I could see Belichick make Jackson look like he needs to switch to RB.

Baker mayfield is sort of an a hole .. don’t know why I didn’t realize this consciously before now.. dude acts like he’s won ten Super Bowls

For all the puff pieces written about him in the offseason Cleveland hype train he's still Manziel 2.0 and will implode.

Why I DONT think it's a great idea to go for two to win near the end of a game.

So hear me out and tell me if I'm nuts. The distinction here is NEAR vs basically AT The end of the game.

I am all for teams trying to win when the two point conversion will basically be the last play of the game, make or miss, especially when the team going for it is considered the inferior team.. HOWEVER..I feel that there is a BIG distinction between AT and NEAR the end.

if converting the two leaves enough time for the other team to reasonably get a shot at a game winning field goal, the game theorist in me says it's not worth the risk to go for two if it means you can still get beat in regulation by just a FG.

The entire point of going for two is that the huge risk comes with the reward of near certain victory. If it doesn't, then screw it, the risk reward ratio is off.

Consider this, if you go for one and just TIE it, and let's say there are 45 seconds left, MOST opposing coaches aren't going to risk too much on offense and they'll be happy to play for the OT anyway. So essentially in BOTH situations your defense STILL needs to make a stop, yet in situation 1, you took a HUGE risk to get to that point, while in the second, you did not.

I like the concept but w/o the bad play calls IE Dougie this past Sunday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom