NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I'm sure some of his sponsors have to be questioning having him as their pitch man. Lot of chirping but not much playing.

rough day for the Baker stan whose name I forget on this board

IMO, he reminds me of a combination of Joe Dirt and Chris Elliott’s character in Schitt’s Creek

Always wondered what happened to this guy...now i can relax.

madmax_roadwarrior2.jpg

rough day for the Baker stan whose name I forget on this board

Me? LOL you guys are the ones obsessed with him. I didn't hear a peep the last 5 weeks when he was playing well.

This tells me Collinsworth is doing his job well. Very well.

Collinsworth blows but not in the way people think. He like almost every other color guy or announcer will never tell you the truth about the levels of ineptitude we see every week. they're too afraid of burning their access.

Belichick failed Brady this year. This is the worst pile of weapons since they had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as their top receivers.

I don't think he plays favorites. He just talks too much and over-analyzes. He needs to let the game breathe a little.
I tend to agree. I was mainly referring to the fact than when both sides say an announcer is favoring the other team, the announcer probably is being relatively fair.

I don't think he plays favorites. He just talks too much and over-analyzes. He needs to let the game breathe a little.

Pretty sure he has a lot invested in PFF? I could be wrong, but I think he's a business partner there and constantly feels the need to promote it.

Belichick failed Brady this year. This is the worst pile of weapons since they had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as their top receivers.

Agree. Although the Anonio Brown situation could have changed a lot. Josh Gordon apparently having a terrible work ethic dint help either. I suppose you can look at it two ways, one is reality which we saw last night. the other is a world where AB decides to stop being a knucklehead, and Gordon decides the same. if that is the case I think the conversation is different. But as GM BB has really done a poor job offensively this year.

They have 6 sbs they can survive a down year which for them is losing the AFC title game.

Me? LOL you guys are the ones obsessed with him. I didn't hear a peep the last 5 weeks when he was playing well.

During that time I revised my prediction that he would last 2 years longer than Johnny Football instead of be employed the same amount of time.

During that time I revised my prediction that he would last 2 years longer than Johnny Football instead of be employed the same amount of time.

Yikes. Those young NY QB’s might not make it back next year if that’s the case.

So apparently the cardinals player who bet on football actually made bets involving the cardinals

I watch a ton of football every weekend. yet I am constantly amazed at the stupidity and selfishness of NFL and college players. It's an epidemic. He's a cheatin' SOB but one thing u never see is Hoodie's players making those mistakes.
Thank you for saying this. I was thinking the same thing watching the Pats game last night. Why do the other teams always do stupid stuff that allows the Pats to keep drives alive, or kill their own chances? The Pats get in people's heads, that's one theory.

Thank you for saying this. I was thinking the same thing watching the Pats game last night. Why do the other teams always do stupid stuff that allows the Pats to keep drives alive, or kill their own chances? The Pats get in people's heads, that's one theory.

Nah, on average it’s just more focused on by the officials and viewed as an oppty on other teams vs the Pats who strut, celebrate and gloat prob more than other teams.

I could show you a highlight of a Bills D lineman getting flagged 15 yards for congratulating his own teammate for stacking up the Pats on a 3rd down by smacking him on the helmet...his OWN TEAMMATE. It was just an oppty to extend a drive in a tight game the Patriots needed.

It’s the opposite responsibility with these officials for the Patriots...Brady wants the play clock reworked? Sure pump the sky. Brady is falling down being sacked looking backwards in the pocket and there is no one near the football and it doesn’t reach the line? Just have all officials responsible for that, the umpire, lines,an, etc just shrug and forget to do their jobs for a minute. (That was this season)

It’s all contrived by an NFL beholden to TV dollars.

Nah, on average it’s just more focused on by the officials and viewed as an oppty on other teams vs the Pats who strut, celebrate and gloat prob more than other teams.

I could show you a highlight of a Bills D lineman getting flagged 15 yards for congratulating his own teammate for stacking up the Pats on a 3rd down by smacking him on the helmet...his OWN TEAMMATE. It was just an oppty to extend a drive in a tight game the Patriots needed.

It’s the opposite responsibility with these officials for the Patriots...Brady wants the play clock reworked? Sure pump the sky. Brady is falling down being sacked looking backwards in the pocket and there is no one near the football and it doesn’t reach the line? Just have all officials responsible for that, the umpire, lines,an, etc just shrug and forget to do their jobs for a minute. (That was this season)

It’s all contrived by an NFL beholden to TV dollars.

I've seen more calls go NE's way than against them but I completely disagree with your comment that NE players strut and gloat more than other teams. That's nonsense. They generally do not do the dumb@ss stuff like taking their helmet off on the field, flagrantly taunting an opponent or other goofy misconduct penalties. If they did their @ss would be on the bench and quickly on the street if they did it again.

Top broadcast crews
I like Buck and Aikman.
Nantz and Romo are good.
Michaels and Collinsworth are pros who personally annoy me but I know they atleast are legends or atleast Michaels is.

Tessatore and Booger are an embarrassing MNF broadcast team.
ESPN you have all the money in the world fix that broadcast.
Get rid of Tessatore.
Put Steve Levy, Louis Reddick and an offensive analyst in the booth and the broadcast becomes listenable.
My god were they bad last night in a great game.

Top broadcast crews
I like Buck and Aikman.
Nantz and Romo are good.
Michaels and Collinsworth are pros who personally annoy me but I know they atleast are legends or atleast Michaels is.

Tessatore and Booger are an embarrassing MNF broadcast team.
ESPN you have all the money in the world fix that broadcast.
Get rid of Tessatore.
Put Steve Levy, Louis Reddick and an offensive analyst in the booth and the broadcast becomes listenable.
My god were they bad last night in a great game.
As far as top broadcast crews go, ESPN is a distant 4th.

It’s like they’re not trying.

Nantz, Buck, Michaels...Tessitore??

Romo, Aikman, Collinsworth...Booger??

As far as PBP guys go I like Michaels the most and Buck the least before Tessy.

Analysts are Romo then CC then Aikman. Aikman has become increasingly cynical over the years especially when he does Cowboy games.

Invested two firsts and a 2nd in weapons for him and basically none of them can do anything.

As far as PBP guys go I like Michaels the most and Buck the least before Tessy.

Analysts are Romo then CC then Aikman. Aikman has become increasingly cynical over the years especially when he does Cowboy games.

I've noticed the same about Aikman in recent years - sounding more like a jaded old guy sitting on his porch.

I never liked Collinsworth and was disappointed when he was given SNF with Michaels (I like Al).

Collinsworth to me has always sounded like a smarmy, critical douche or an arse licking sycophant; rarely any middle ground.

Perhaps it's simply his voice, rather than his words, that grate on me.

Or the fact that he misspells his first name.

MNF needs a Gus Johnson.

Everyone is all hungover from a full day of Sunday football and needs a spark on Monday Night.

I need to be jump started awake when something good happens and Gus is the guy to do it.

Pair him with a ‘name’ who doesn’t fall on his face, like Witten. Someone who’s already doing games.

Even Tebow.

If not Gus, then go after 1 of the Ian Eagle’s.

MNF needs a Gus Johnson.

Everyone is all hungover from a full day of Sunday football and needs a spark on Monday Night.

I need to be jump started awake when something good happens and Gus is the guy to do it.

Pair him with a ‘name’ who doesn’t fall on his face, like Witten. Someone who’s already doing games.

Even Tebow.

Kevin Harlan should be the guy.

MNF needs a Gus Johnson.

Even Tebow.

Tessatore is a hardo and supposed to be the energy guy.

MNF needs a pro who lets the broadcast breathe.
Mike Tirico was perfect. Too bad he left for the NBC security of replacing Michaels.

Gus Johnson is like Tessatore he makes the broadcast about himself.

Chris Fowler or Steve Levy are guys now at ESPN who do decent jobs for college football.
ESPN isn’t poaching anyone from Fox or CBS.

Louis Redick is the type of analyst they need. Quiet, smart and detailed.
Steve Young would be good as the other analyst he is on site for these MNF games anyway.

Just find a pro for play by play. Tessatore is the biggest problem with that broadcast. It’s not Booger’s fault he is a defensive guy and doesn’t have an offensive guy to help him with that side of the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom