NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

MNF needs a Gus Johnson.

Everyone is all hungover from a full day of Sunday football and needs a spark on Monday Night.

I need to be jump started awake when something good happens and Gus is the guy to do it.

Pair him with a ‘name’ who doesn’t fall on his face, like Witten. Someone who’s already doing games.

Even Tebow.

If not Gus, then go after 1 of the Ian Eagle’s.

Gus Johnson is an interesting idea. He kinda wears me out but he can be entertaining. Last year during the Big East Tourney - "Myles Powell from downtown Trenton. Trenton makes the world takes." You probably need to be from the Delaware Valley to get that one. He has some beauties and I like his enthusiasm but...

Top broadcast crews
I like Buck and Aikman.
Nantz and Romo are good.
Michaels and Collinsworth are pros who personally annoy me but I know they atleast are legends or atleast Michaels is.

Tessatore and Booger are an embarrassing MNF broadcast team.
ESPN you have all the money in the world fix that broadcast.
Get rid of Tessatore.
Put Steve Levy, Louis Reddick and an offensive analyst in the booth and the broadcast becomes listenable.
My god were they bad last night in a great game.

Since they've done the opening week MNF double headers the various crews that do the west coast game are usually better than the standard MNF announcers

I've seen more calls go NE's way than against them but I completely disagree with your comment that NE players strut and gloat more than other teams. That's nonsense. They generally do not do the dumb@ss stuff like taking their helmet off on the field, flagrantly taunting an opponent or other goofy misconduct penalties. If they did their @ss would be on the bench and quickly on the street if they did it again.

Apples and Oranges behavior here. I haven't seen a removing the helmet penalty in years, I'm talking about just the celebration and other stuff. Gronk after a big play, Hightower on a sack, Edelmann on a first down, Brady when he doesn't get the call (that time). They are just as bad but never get called...

Actually my favorite part is, in the rare event that one of the Patriots are called for Unsportsmanlike or whatever, they always create another skirmish away from the play, such that the refs catch the second reaction and creates off-setting

Gus Johnson is an interesting idea. He kinda wears me out but he can be entertaining. Last year during the Big East Tourney - "Myles Powell from downtown Trenton. Trenton makes the world takes." You probably need to be from the Delaware Valley to get that one. He has some beauties and I like his enthusiasm but...
That’s why I said Gus.

If it’s a good game, he’s great..if it’s not, I’m turning it off anyway on Monday Night.

I know that Trenton saying from crossings that bridge to go to Sesame Place, that’s a good line!

So the NFL may be selling more TV packages after this CBA.
If the season goes to 17 games.
That 17th game package would become its own broadcast package.
The NFL may try to sell a season long MNF doubleheader package.
Put both games on ESPN or a cable partner and simulcast them in the local market for on a broadcast partner.
So a 7pm/10pm MNF schedule.
Where the East/Central would get the early game on ABC and the west coast could watch it on ESPN and the late game would be on ABC in the West Coast and the East Coast would watch it on ESPN.

The NFL is going to make more in TV revenues if they get the CBA.
Salary cap will go up.

Apples and Oranges behavior here. I haven't seen a removing the helmet penalty in years, I'm talking about just the celebration and other stuff. Gronk after a big play, Hightower on a sack, Edelmann on a first down, Brady when he doesn't get the call (that time). They are just as bad but never get called...

Actually my favorite part is, in the rare event that one of the Patriots are called for Unsportsmanlike or whatever, they always create another skirmish away from the play, such that the refs catch the second reaction and creates off-setting

lol there was a helmet penalty on Houston during the Patriots game.

Ron Rivera fired. Carolina job will be a good one this offseason.

Ron Rivera fired. Carolina job will be a good one this offseason.

How good it is probably depends on how much of the team they blow up, but probably pretty good relative to other openings anyways.

I imagine Rivera will be maybe the frontrunner for the Giants job assuming Shurmur is fired and Gettleman is not.

Really curious to see what ends up happening with Cam; there will likely be a lot of QB openings this offseason. Obviously a bunch will be filled via the draft though.

He's great on the radio too.

He sure is but I don't listen to much football on the radio. I love baseball on the radio. But I don't know as much about football so I'm better if I can see what's going on.

I'd love if I Kevin got a national tv game slot. Really good announcer with a good sense of humor.

I can't believe he hasn't already. He makes routine plays seem exciting. His call of our E8 game against UVA was tremendous. Much better than Gus Johnson IMO. Gus lost me after Sorrentine hit it from the parking lot.

I'm aware of the helmet penalty in the Texans game, I'm saying that's Apples & Oranges, that really never happens (haven't seen in a long time, I'm talking about other behaviors not helmet-taking-off.

I'm aware of the helmet penalty in the Texans game, I'm saying that's Apples & Oranges, that really never happens (haven't seen in a long time, I'm talking about other behaviors not helmet-taking-off.

Look I don't like the Pats at all (loathe BB, Brady doesn't bother me that much) but you're a few steps away from claiming they're responsible for the wildfires in Cali. Seriously, you're not exactly objective when discussing NE.

I can't believe he hasn't already. He makes routine plays seem exciting. His call of our E8 game against UVA was tremendous. Much better than Gus Johnson IMO. Gus lost me after Sorrentine hit it from the parking lot.
Listen to Kevin Harlan call play by play when a moron runs on the field.

Top broadcast crews
I like Buck and Aikman.
Nantz and Romo are good.
Michaels and Collinsworth are pros who personally annoy me but I know they atleast are legends or atleast Michaels is.

Tessatore and Booger are an embarrassing MNF broadcast team.
ESPN you have all the money in the world fix that broadcast.
Get rid of Tessatore.
Put Steve Levy, Louis Reddick and an offensive analyst in the booth and the broadcast becomes listenable.
My god were they bad last night in a great game.
I'd put Ian and fouts up there those guys are great.

Look I don't like the Pats at all (loathe BB, Brady doesn't bother me that much) but you're a few steps away from claiming they're responsible for the wildfires in Cali. Seriously, you're not exactly objective when discussing NE.

You haven't been forced to watch this:

and the Brady intentional grounding non-call against the Bills this year (which led to a FG in a 16-10 win, amongst other horrible calls) is easy to Google.

It's a real thing, I don't feel at all crazy for pointing it out.

You haven't been forced to watch this:

and the Brady intentional grounding non-call against the Bills this year (which led to a FG in a 16-10 win, amongst other horrible calls) is easy to Google.

It's a real thing, I don't feel at all crazy for pointing it out.

I've seen those plays already. I already told u that NE gets more calls their way than anybody but you take it too extremes ala conspiracy theories.

I've seen those plays already. I already told u that NE gets more calls their way than anybody but you take it too extremes ala conspiracy theories.

That's fair, that's because I follow the money and I believe the "conspiracy theories" are real...it all comes back to power and money in business and sports business, it just does.

There's too much evidence with my naked eye and Roger Goodell and everything. BTW, it's absolutely working for the NFL.

Even Eli can throw against that Eagles secondary.
Seattle and New England struggled in Philly the previous games before Miami.
Wentz and their offense has been the problem before the Miami game.
Eli will throw multiple INTs on MNF.
He is exactly what the eagles needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom