NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 199 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Scott Zolak started for Maryland for one year, as a senior. He threw 10 TDs and 19 INTs. And he made the pros. And got paid to hold a clipboard for almost a decade. LMAOSMH.
When I lived in Boston for a bit, a few buddies and I were out hitting the bars and we walked into one that had an oddly raucous crowd for relatively early in the night. We got some drinks and eventually found out that it was Drew Bledsoe's birthday after his rookie year and he was out on the town with quite a few Patriots. We were hanging out off to the side, and I turned to talk to one of the big guys standing next to me and asked him what position he played and he said quarterback. I didn't know the Patriots from a hole in the ground, but he sure as hell wasn't Bledsoe, who was sitting down and smoking a cigarette with like four ladies on either side of him. Turns out it was Zolak who had spent the season watching his starting QB dream evaporate.

It's so dumb. The Ravens had 530 yards of offense, of which Lamar accounted for 508. Three turnovers and two non-conversions on 4th and 1 (they were 8 for 8 on 4th and 1 on the season) are what did them in, but these idiots that supposedly know football are out here crowing that you can't win with a QB like Lamar. GTFOH with that garbage. They had the best offense in football all season and they would have trounced Tennessee if not for the turnovers.
eh he had to have 150 plus of those yards in the 4th when it was sort of prevent time. I think you can win with Jackson I just think he played poorly - gaudy numbers or not.

eh he had to have 150 plus of those yards in the 4th when it was sort of prevent time. I think you can win with Jackson I just think he played poorly - gaudy numbers or not.

I mean he didn't have the best game, with three turnovers and some accuracy issues, but 500 yards is 500 yards, and in no way was that game a referendum on his ability to win in this league as a QB. The people pushing that narrative today are morons.

my take on Jackson.. when the game requires some one to be a NFL QB he struggles.. When the game flows like its in your backyard he rocks..

he is wild throwing the ball , but he runs so well teams get scared of that and that creates some huge throwing lanes.

when the game was in control Tenn relaxed the D and that created some space for him. they completed like three 3rd and 15+ and thats why his stats ended up ok even if he struggled most of the game.

jackson for the next 2-3 yrs while he is above elite as a runner can create some havoc. Whether that leads to results remains to be seen.

Sometimes the running athletic QB survives, sometimes they get Dungied.

Jackson is a good QB.
He had a poor game.
It happens to all good QBs.
Montana lost to Giants in a playoff game 42-3.
Brady lost to the Ravens in the playoffs by double digit points.

Elway got destroyed in the playoffs.
Peyton Manning had 9 one and dones in the playoffs.

Just keep working on his game.
I would take Mahomes over Jackson but you could win a SB with Jackson.

my take on Jackson.. when the game requires some one to be a NFL QB he struggles.. When the game flows like its in your backyard he rocks..

he is wild throwing the ball , but he runs so well teams get scared of that and that creates some huge throwing lanes.

when the game was in control Tenn relaxed the D and that created some space for him. they completed like three 3rd and 15+ and thats why his stats ended up ok even if he struggled most of the game.

jackson for the next 2-3 yrs while he is above elite as a runner can create some havoc. Whether that leads to results remains to be seen.

Sometimes the running athletic QB survives, sometimes they get Dungied.

Pretty accurate. I don't see a way for him to be an above average starter when he's 30 but he's just as likely to be as successful next year as he was this year and then the playoffs are basically a crapshoot.

Jackson is a good QB.
He had a poor game.
It happens to all good QBs.
Montana lost to Giants in a playoff game 42-3.
Brady lost to the Ravens in the playoffs by double digit points.

Elway got destroyed in the playoffs.
Peyton Manning had 9 one and dones in the playoffs.

Just keep working on his game.
I would take Mahomes over Jackson but you could win a SB with Jackson.

I'll correct u b4 Herr Kaiser. Montana lost 49-3 to Big Blue and he was KO'd by Jim Burt in that game in the 1H.

I'll correct u b4 Herr Kaiser. Montana lost 49-3 to Big Blue and he was KO'd by Jim Burt in that game in the 1H.
And I'll correct you. Marshall KO'd Montana in the 4th quarter and Burt almost KO'd Hostetler...

And I'll correct you. Marshall KO'd Montana in the 4th quarter and Burt almost KO'd Hostetler...

You're thinking of 1990 when the GMen won with 5 FGs and Roger Craig fumbled at midfield. I'm talking Jim Burt KOing Montana in the Swamp 1986 - 49-3 Gmen.

You're talking about the '90 NFC Championship Game.

bpo57 is talking about an '86 NFC Divisional Game

You're thinking of 1990 when the GMen won with 5 FGs and Roger Craig fumbled at midfield. I'm talking Jim Burt KOing Montana in the Swamp 1986 - 49-3 Gmen.
Ah yes. You are correct. Sorry...

Andrew Luck was a can't miss when he came out. It wasn't that long ago. People called him the best prospect since Elway.

I could be wrong on Lawrence, but I remember everyone saying a lot of the same things about Jameis and so far I've been proven right there.

He's throwing to a lot of guys that are wide open and he's got a big arm. Like I said people love big arms.

Still think the same after tonight. The concerns I have are basically how LSU exposed him tonight . Struggled in tight windows and Burrow did not. I like accuracy.

You're talking about the '90 NFC Championship Game.

bpo57 is talking about an '86 NFC Divisional Game
Leonard Marshall hit joe montana so hard in the 90 Championship game, that when he woke up...it was 1993 and he was in kansas city.

i am totally serious too.

Still think the same after tonight. The concerns I have are basically how LSU exposed him tonight . Struggled in tight windows and Burrow did not. I like accuracy.

I think those are fair points but it's also important to note that Lawrence is only 20 years old (Burrow is 23). Burrow had a 57% completion rate last year. Accuracy can be improved upon. I think they're both gonna be very good in the NFL.

I think those are fair points but it's also important to note that Lawrence is only 20 years old (Burrow is 23). Burrow had a 57% completion rate last year. Accuracy can be improved upon. I think they're both gonna be very good in the NFL.

That’s what Bills fans are hoping...

If Browns analytics didn’t like the Mayfield pick and that contributed to firing Dorsey.
Dear Bill Belichick call Cleveland and offer the 23rd pick and more picks for Baker.
Cleveland can’t be that dumb but it’s Cleveland. Miami should definitely call Cleveland.

Same with Cleveland fans. Those two finished 31st and 32nd respectively in completion percentage. ;)

Difference is, one guy improved from Y1 to Y2, and the other - despite having all sorts of offensive talent around him - was worse.

Difference is, one guy improved from Y1 to Y2, and the other - despite having all sorts of offensive talent around him - was worse.

I get that and that's why I said accuracy can be improved upon. Cusefan0307 was the one that brought up Josh Allen. I just couldn't resist reminding him that his 2nd favorite QB wasn't so accurate this season either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom