NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

It's amazing how confident the Giant fans are after a 1 point win over Brandon Allen and Washington at home the Giants have more than two tds in a game twice this year offensively . Once in garbage time against the Steelers and another time against a historically bad defense.

4 of our 6 games have gone down to the final play. We’ve been more competitive than the record would indicate.

Finding some minor level of hope beyond the month of September for the first time in 4 years doesn’t mean “over confident”.

4 of our 6 games have gone down to the final play. We’ve been more competitive than the record would indicate.

Finding some minor level of hope beyond the month of September for the first time in 4 years doesn’t mean “over confident”.
Im not just talking about you guys here listen to wfan lol. I get it people are down on Dallas and so am I but Arizona is good. The Giants lost to Nick Mullins and the niner backups by practically the same score. Nfc east is coming down to Eagles/Cowboys in week 16.

It's amazing how confident the Giant fans are after a 1 point win over Brandon Allen and Washington at home the Giants have more than two tds in a game twice this year offensively . Once in garbage time against the Steelers and another time against a historically bad defense.
Bold talk for someone who roots for a team led by Andy Dalton.

He was bad last night but he's still a good option at QB. I'm not trying to be a hater here but the Giants are something like 13 and 45 since the boat trip. 5 of their last 13 wins have come against Washington we know they can beat them. Why should I believe they can beat anyone else?

He was bad last night but he's still a good option at QB. I'm not trying to be a hater here but the Giants are something like 13 and 45 since the boat trip. 5 of their last 13 wins have come against Washington we know they can beat them. Why should I believe they can beat anyone else?
Just thought it was odd to be throwing shade when your team has not given up less than 34 points in 5 of 6 games, when you have Andy the Red in charge, and when you have a highly questionable HC in charge. And we're only a game behind you in the standings.

That's all. :)

Indeed.

But the Red Rifle did lead a 4th quarter game winning drive against your Gmen.

Me thinks that’s the source for Brian’s shade throwing.

I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the food fight that’ll be the NFC East title chase.

The team that slips on the fewest banana peels wins (I think).

Indeed.

I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the food fight that’ll be the NFC East title chase.

I am neutral but the Giants outplayed the Cowboys in their game.
The Giants had 2 TDs called back on questionable calls at best.

Giants main problem is their QB turns the ball over too much.
Their D is probably the best of the division right now.

I would say the Eagles are probably the favorite to win this division unless the Giants beat them on Thursday.

I don’t see the Cowboys winning this division because their defense is just atrocious.

Indeed.

It's not even really throwing shade it's just reality. It's amazing how many people are talking about the Giants playoff chances right now. The Cowboys are still the most talented team but if your held a gun to my head is pick Philly.

Last edited:

I would say the Eagles are probably the favorite to win this division unless the Giants beat them on Thursday.

I don’t see the Cowboys winning this division because their defense is just atrocious.
One of the calls was the right call it was a pick. I think people are overrating the Giants d a little. The Giants faced two legit qbs all year Big Ben and Dak. And gave up 26 and 37 points. Nick Mullins carved them up and then got benched the next week. The other three qbs they faced were Goff Trubisky and Allen. With that said this is a must win game for Philly with their remaining schedule.

Wait...you guys don’t like Zeke anymore?

I don't know about most fans but I have soured on him the last two season or so. Way too many fumbles and not enough plays. I am also an old school fan who likes running backs who grind. To see Zeke go out for a water break every 2 or 3 carries just irks me.

Eagles have plenty of flaws and could easily lose to the NYG Thursday night but one thing I feel confident in is that they have the best defense in this division. Admittedly that's the tallest midget in the kingdom but their defensive front is far superior to NY's imo.

I don't know about most fans but I have soured on him the last two season or so. Way too many fumbles and not enough plays. I am also an old school fan who likes running backs who grind. To see Zeke go out for a water break every 2 or 3 carries just irks me.

I read a good article in the pre-season talking about how Zeke has more carries than all but just about five backs in the NFL. Lot of mileage on those tires.

My thought is that Tua’s been ready, Flores has been impressed with him and sees an opportunity coming off bye week to make a midseason push for the playoffs.

Flores, imo, has displayed outstanding competency so far turning this ship around.

Fitz has been hot but I stand by the decision and support it

I don’t think it has anything to do with winning this year ... they are thinking long term and had this plan all along ... they are smart in that they’re not changing their long term plans based on a hot streak

I doubt if they answered honestly that they’d say Tua gives them a better chance to win NOW than Fitz

So is going to sign Antonio Brown?
My money is on Tampa.

Baltimore and Seattle are the only other options IMo.
With Godwin hurt a lot the Bucs could use him.

Eagles should win, but any time you can get good odds on a team that could be first place next week its worth a bet at 10-1 or better.. Giants are bad, but somehow a late completion from 4-2 or 0-6.. When the bar might be 5-6 wins a division anything can happen. And dont tell me Wash is out of it.. Beat Philly and could have beat the Giants Dont know they wont beat Dallas and Philly twice and that gets them to 4 wins with a giants game left..
a 4 way tie at 6 wins not all that hard to see.

Hopefully the NFC East's ineptitude this year finally leads the NFL to make a requirement that you must have a record above .500 to make the playoffs.

Hopefully the NFC East's ineptitude this year finally leads the NFL to make a requirement that you must have a record above .500 to make the playoffs.
I got no problem with every division champion making the playoffs no matter what.
This stuff goes in cycles the only thing I would change is for the division champion to get a home game in the playoffs they have to be .500.
If you win the division at 8-8 while it sucks the team with the better record has to go on the road the division champion is at least .500.
If you win the division under .500 then you lose hosting a playoff game.

My money is on Tampa.

We know he’s not going to the Bears lol. I’d have to imagine someone signs him though.

Eagles should win, but any time you can get good odds on a team that could be first place next week its worth a bet at 10-1 or better.. Giants are bad, but somehow a late completion from 4-2 or 0-6.. When the bar might be 5-6 wins a division anything can happen. And dont tell me Wash is out of it.. Beat Philly and could have beat the Giants Dont know they wont beat Dallas and Philly twice and that gets them to 4 wins with a giants game left..
a 4 way tie at 6 wins not all that hard to see.

Four way tie can't happen given that one team already has a tie.

My money is on Tampa.

He already flamed out with the Raiders and Patriots, so it seems like he’s down to Dallas as his last real option.

Damnit Fitz lets not have abdication crisis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom