NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Dolphins see a shot at the division with the Bills taking two in a row

How many teams in the NFC East would rather have Fitzpatrick than their starting QB right now?
Fitzpatrick is on a heater right now. I don’t get this switch right now but Flores is a good coach.

When Fitzpatrick is on a heater he can beat anyone.

I picked the Dolphins to win the division preseason but I don’t like this switch. I wasn’t high on Tua before the draft.

However the NFL has 1 left handed starting QB again.

My thought is that Tua’s been ready, Flores has been impressed with him and sees an opportunity coming off bye week to make a midseason push for the playoffs.

Flores, imo, has displayed outstanding competency so far turning this ship around.

Fitz has been hot but I stand by the decision and support it

Given the way Fitz has played so far this year, this is certainly a gamble. Had to figure this was likely coming at some point this year and this will certainly get me to tune in to their next game but still pretty surprised.

My thought is that Tua’s been ready, Flores has been impressed with him and sees an opportunity coming off bye week to make a midseason push for the playoffs.

Flores, imo, has displayed outstanding competency so far turning this ship around.

Fitz has been hot but I stand by the decision and support it
I don’t think it’s Flores’ choice. This is coming from the top, imo.

From everything I heard, Tua underwhelmed at camp.

Looking at the schedule this decision is weird.
Tua’s first game against Aaron Donald is kinda stupid.
He is one of the few DL who can take over a game.
Miami will need to make sure their pass protection is ready extra because of Tua starting his first game and how good Donald is.

That was months ago while rehabbing. It still might be coming from the top, but Flores has also had a lot more time to see Tua now.

Tua must have impressed someone. Thatd be quite a gamble during a year where there’s hardly any fan pressure/expectation for Tua to start, and a boatload of draft picks/cap in 2021

Looking at the schedule this decision is weird.
Tua’s first game against Aaron Donald is kinda stupid.
He is one of the few DL who can take over a game.
Miami will need to make sure their pass protection is ready extra because of Tua starting his first game and how good Donald is.
That’s the one part I hate, but fortunately the dolphins skills players have been far better than I expected this year and the lines not too awful

I always wondered if the Rodgers / McCarthy rift was just Rodgers being a jerk/know-it-all...

But maybe it wasn't...

McCarthy mostly, but as we saw Sunday when things don't go Aaron's way we see the pouting emo QB

McCarthy mostly, but as we saw Sunday when things don't go Aaron's way we see the pouting emo QB

Maybe an instance of where there is actually enough blame to go around to all parties that were involved.

I always wondered if the Rodgers / McCarthy rift was just Rodgers being a jerk/know-it-all...

But maybe it wasn't...

Not sure what McCarthy has even brought to the table at this point. The offense looks exactly like it did under JG. So I guess he has brought bad game time decision making? I was all in on the hire but it looks more wrong as each week goes by.

Not sure what McCarthy has even brought to the table at this point. The offense looks exactly like it did under JG. So I guess he has brought bad game time decision making? I was all in on the hire but it looks more wrong as each week goes by.

A historically bad defense guided by a really bad choice at DC.

Hiring Mike Nolan to run the defense killed whatever brief honeymoon McCarthy had.

They should’ve just promoted Leon Lett if they were going to make a mediocre position coach DC.

If we (Giants) aren't getting Trevor Lawrence, we may as well go ahead and win the division.
It's amazing how confident the Giant fans are after a 1 point win over Brandon Allen and Washington at home the Giants have more than two tds in a game twice this year offensively . Once in garbage time against the Steelers and another time against a historically bad defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom