NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Belichick is going to take some heat if Brady keeps playing like this and the Pats continue to not be able to score.
They stink.

Somehow they will still be in the second round of the playoffs.

Yeah safe to say they may have the worst offensive talent in the league next to the Jets. Harry has been a complete bust and they selected him before AJ Brown.
Belichick has made mistakes in the draft.
He took Harry over Debo Samuel. Patriots fans/media thought Samuel was the pick.

The Patriots had little cap space this offseason then Hightower/Chung/Cannon opted out and gave them cap space. Plus Antonio Brown grievance gave them 5 million,

Patriots have 25 million in dead money on the cap.

The draft is where Belichick has sucked.
Sony Michel, Nkeal Harry first round busts.

TBF I am not so much criticizing his coaching as much as I am his personnel decisions.
He hasn't done a great job bringing in skill guys lately. It was time for Tom to go he had nothing left to do in NE.

Cleveland with clear OPI, cost cincy the game!

I thought it was weird they called Bernard's 3rd down run short without a measurement. 90% of the time that's just called a 1st down. With a 1st&goal instead of 4th&inches they can pretty much burn the clock. Nobody will ever mention this all week.

I expect the Patriots to try and trade Gilmore, Edelman, Thuney this week.

Philly makes sense for Thuney.
New Orleans makes sense for Edelman.
Chicago makes sense for Gilmore.

My local CBS affiliate just showed some local news, along with highlights of Carolina beating Atlanta. Umm... pretty sure that isn’t something that happened today.

There are answers but I am not going to bother because your mind is made up.
not sure what this even means ... of course there are answers as to why they have zero skill players ... it’s called poor roster management and drafting .. looks like big boy Billie ain’t so smart without Tommy Boy .. who for years papered over the roster deficiencies with his brilliance

Looking at that schedule for the Patriots
They could theoretically help the Jets get a win.
If the Pats lose to Buffalo then they can bench Cam and let Stidham start at New York and lose that game.

I don’t see more than 5 wins if they try to win.

Buffalo and Miami will fight it out for the East.
Luckily the AFC is deep this year so need to try and scrap for 8 wins.

Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Baltimore are a really good top 4.

not sure what this even means ... of course there are answers as to why they have zero skill players ... it’s called poor roster management and drafting .. looks like big boy Billie ain’t so smart without Tommy Boy .. who for years papered over the roster deficiencies with his brilliance
Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL.
Tom Brady is the most successful QB in NFL history.

Newsflash to you I have said for years the Patriots talent has been poor and credited Brady for covering for him.
NateW always fought me when I said Buffalo had better talent on its roster than New England minus QB.

Brady covered up a lot of chit. He also wasn’t taking discounts like his perception has been. His cap hits were always high. He didn’t just force the team to reconstruct every time someone else got paid.
Belichick is suffering now for poor drafting on offense and a defense that doesn’t have much depth but the starting unit is solid.

The salary cap is real. The Patriots haven’t had much cap space in 4 years since they signed Gilmore.
They will draft a young QB and use cap space to fill in holes on the WR/TE/RB.

I said before the season I wanted to tank to Lawrence. Cam played well for the first 3 weeks and thought they could make the postseason.
Go ahead and dance on Belichick’s grave this year he deserves it. Outside of Patriots fans that listen to the toxic Boston media most can live with a couple of poor seasons. Belichick will rebuild the team. The team hasn’t drafted above 23 overall in the draft since 2008.

Looking at that schedule for the Patriots
They could theoretically help the Jets get a win.
If the Pats lose to Buffalo then they can bench Cam and let Stidham start at New York and lose that game.

I don’t see more than 5 wins if they try to win.

Buffalo and Miami will fight it out for the East.
Luckily the AFC is deep this year so need to try and scrap for 8 wins.

Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Baltimore are a really good top 4.
You know Bill isnt letting Adam Gase and the Jets beat him.

You know Bill isnt letting Adam Gase and the Jets beat him.
He doesn’t have to let them if he starts Stidham at New York.
The Patriots have a solid defense and good OL the Jets could beat them with Stidham.

Newsflash to you I have said for years the Patriots talent has been poor and credited Brady for covering for him.
NateW always fought me when I said Buffalo had better talent on its roster than New England minus QB.

Brady covered up a lot of chit. He also wasn’t taking discounts like his perception has been. His cap hits were always high. He didn’t just force the team to reconstruct every time someone else got paid.
Belichick is suffering now for poor drafting on offense and a defense that doesn’t have much depth but the starting unit is solid.

The salary cap is real. The Patriots haven’t had much cap space in 4 years since they signed Gilmore.

I said before the season I wanted to tank to Lawrence. Cam played well for the first 3 weeks and thought they could make the postseason.
Go ahead and dance on Belichick’s grave this year he deserves it. Outside of Patriots fans that listen to the toxic Boston media most can live with a couple of poor seasons. Belichick will rebuild the team. The team hasn’t drafted above 23 overall in the draft since 2008.

then I don’t see why you disagree with me .. I will say this .. you don’t need to break the cap if you draft better ... look at all the wide outs / H back types they passed on in drafts for much worse talent

More trash offense by NE .. cam Newton is washed

The last two weeks we've gotten a whiff of the Cam that stunk the joint out in his last dozen or so games with the Panthers.

That hit is ban worthy imo. Dalton clearly sliding and he went head hunting. He should not play again this season.

I agree and I said the same thing about Myles Garrett in terms of his suspension should have been deep into this year. NFL sends mixed messages.

Can't argue with much of what you say here other than I think the road back to 10+ wins make take a few years. They have numerous deficiencies that can't be resolved in a year or two. Not predicting it but wouldn't shock me to see Bill call it a day. Nothing left to prove and he has to see that mediocrity may be in the cards for longer than he cares to endure.

Al Michaels has to force his stupid "at least they're lining up to go for it" routine into every possible 4th down even when it makes no sense whatsoever.

that was one of the most impressive feats of speed/athleticism I’ve ever seen. In any sport. Wow.
Tyreek hill basically lapping Damien Williams on a long td run. But this is 2nd place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom