NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Flores is looking leaps and bounds more promising than Patricia. Its only been 1 year but I like what he’s doing and the team believes in it.

If Tua is a safe play midseason I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami has two 1,000 yard receivers between Williams and Parker. All lot of speed and size on the outside, maybe Tua won’t miss his stud wideouts at Bama much if at all.
The AFC East is wide open next year. I could see any of the 4 teams winning it.
It's going to be like the NFC East was last year. 9-7 or 10-6 will win it.

The AFC East is wide open next year. I could see any of the 4 teams winning it.
It's going to be like the NFC East was last year. 9-7 or 10-6 will win it.
Agreed. Im interested to see if Darnold folds this season

Agreed. Im interested to see if Darnold folds this season
He went 7-6 as a starter last year. Over 3000 yards. +6 TD/INT ratio. Completed over 60% of his passes. As a 22 year old behind a horrific line and with about the 25th best weapons in the league. He managed all of that at an age that is younger than Joe Burrow is currently. Why in the world would you think it's possible that he is going to fold, when he may actually get to play with 3 or 4 capable OLineman instead of 1 and possibly a few functional WRs?

He went 7-6 as a starter last year. Over 3000 yards. +6 TD/INT ratio. Completed over 60% of his passes. As a 22 year old behind a horrific line and with about the 25th best weapons in the league. He managed all of that at an age that is younger than Joe Burrow is currently. Why in the world would you think it's possible that he is going to fold, when he may actually get to play with 3 or 4 capable OLineman instead of 1 and possibly a few functional WRs?
The jets are a dumpster and its far short of assumption that his situation will improve. The kid makes some inexplicable decisions and bad throws. On the bright side, as you mentioned, he’s a kid. I’ve not bought into him yet.

The jets are a dumpster and its far short of assumption that his situation will improve. The kid makes some inexplicable decisions and bad throws. On the bright side, as you mentioned, he’s a kid. I’ve not bought into him yet.
Thoroughly enjoy the unlimited optimism associated with ones own team while also expecting the worst for other ones.

I think the 2 teams are nearly identical. They both are likely to be average on D. Both have 2 elite guys though I'd prefer the Jets combo of Mosley/Adams and possibly Quinnen Williams vs the Dolphins having both theirs at CB and then possibly Wilkins.

Both offenses will likely have 22/23 year old QBs by midseason, would certainly prefer Darnold next year but then Tua going forward. Would prefer Le'veon next year to Howard. Both teams have slightly below average WR groups and are depending on guys to be #1s that were bums until last year. The offensive lines are both likely to be poor while developing rookie LTs.

If I had to pick, I would prefer the Jets in 2020 but the Dolphins with their youth and 4 more top 50 picks coming next year are on the way.

Still don’t understand what ppl see in Tua. He’s a broken down Corvette. Used to look nice and sound nice. But really he’s just a beat up Chevy.

The Dolphins washing in this thread is weird and unjustified

Bills will run away with the AFCE.

Thoroughly enjoy the unlimited optimism associated with ones own team while also expecting the worst for other ones.

I think the 2 teams are nearly identical. They both are likely to be average on D. Both have 2 elite guys though I'd prefer the Jets combo of Mosley/Adams and possibly Quinnen Williams vs the Dolphins having both theirs at CB and then possibly Wilkins.

Both offenses will likely have 22/23 year old QBs by midseason, would certainly prefer Darnold next year but then Tua going forward. Would prefer Le'veon next year to Howard. Both teams have slightly below average WR groups and are depending on guys to be #1s that were bums until last year. The offensive lines are both likely to be poor while developing rookie LTs.

If I had to pick, I would prefer the Jets in 2020 but the Dolphins with their youth and 4 more top 50 picks coming next year are on the way.
the dolphins tanked most of last season with Rosen/Fitz and no run game. They still had a superior pass game and total offense compared with the jets. This is with Preston Williams out 8 games.

the jets defense was unquestionably better in 2019. With the revamped pass rush, McMillan healthy and our corners cemented hopefully Miami can close the gap. Head to head Miami looked like the better team last year losing the 2nd game by 1. The Jets were a disaster and I expect Bell to blow up the lockerroom with Jamal Adams. Bell will be cut in 2021 and I expect Adams to eventually end up on the Boys.

1588288448531.jpeg

AFC East is wide open.

Cowboys are being smart.
Dalton is a good backup.
If the signing gets Dak to lower his demands for a deal if not they play the season out again and Dalton learns their system.
Dak can’t hold out and the team have no legit backup.
Cowboys had no leverage with Dak not signing his franchise tender. He could sit out 10 weeks if he wanted to. Now he can’t even threaten that as Dalton is a legit backup.

Dak wants to get paid and I don’t blame him but like the Ravens after they paid Joe Flacco they regretted the contract.
I don’t think Dak is bad but he is a game manager. I wouldn’t pay that type of QB top of the market QB money.
If Dak would take 30 million per season I think the contract get done by the Cowboys. Dak not sure what he wants.

Cowboys are being smart.
Dalton is a good backup.
If the signing gets Dak to lower his demands for a deal if not they play the season out again and Dalton learns their system.
Dak can’t hold out and the team have no legit backup.
Cowboys had no leverage with Dak not signing his franchise tender. He could sit out 10 weeks if he wanted to. Now he can’t even threaten that as Dalton is a legit backup.

Dak wants to get paid and I don’t blame him but like the Ravens after they paid Joe Flacco they regretted the contract.
I don’t think Dak is bad but he is a game manager. I wouldn’t pay that type of QB top of the market QB money.
If Dak would take 30 million per season I think the contract get done by the Cowboys. Dak not sure what he wants.
This is Jerry playing poker with Dak. You want to hold out or leave we have a competent replacement. Smart move by Jerry.

Why would anyone care what Dez Bryant thinks about anything?

When I was a young man we used to call that "Body by Fisher, mind by Tinker Toy."

This video of McFadden is about as much football related entertainment we’re going to have for a few months

If the Patriots sign him they aren’t tanking.
If they pass then they aren’t trying to win.

why do you have such little faith in Stidham? He’s very likely better than any free agent QB out there for the Pats

why do you have such little faith in Stidham? He’s very likely better than any free agent QB out there for the Pats
I trust Belichick.
Stidham likely isn't going to be a top half of the league QB and I think he is either good and then the Patriots should be a playoff team or he sucks and the team competes hard and is bad. I get what Belichick is doing. The team has a lot of dead money on this year's cap and will have massive cap space next offseason. So he is going with the cheapest option at QB next year. Jameis isn't a good fit for the NE offense and Dalton if the team had cap space maybe but he doesn't want to spend on QB next year since they have no cap space.

The Patriots D will be solid.

I trust Belichick.
Stidham likely isn't going to be a top half of the league QB and I think he is either good and then the Patriots should be a playoff team or he sucks and the team competes hard and is bad. I get what Belichick is doing. The team has a lot of dead money on this year's cap and will have massive cap space next offseason. So he is going with the cheapest option at QB next year. Jameis isn't a good fit for the NE offense and Dalton if the team had cap space maybe but he doesn't want to spend on QB next year since they have no cap space.

The Patriots D will be solid.
Maybe I'm wrong maybe stidham can play but this could be about bills ego. For all the people who said he only won because he had Brady. He figures I'll. Take this middle of the pack qb and still find a way to win games.

Maybe I'm wrong maybe stidham can play but this could be about bills ego. For all the people who said he only won because he had Brady. He figures I'll. Take this middle of the pack qb and still find a way to win games.
I don't know that extraordinarily successful people are particularly worried about what strangers say or think. If he cared that much about the publics opinion he probably wouldn't dress like a homeless person om the sideline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom