NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Don't get excited. He also has the best team in the NFC not being 1 of 7 playoff teams.
Im incredibly excited.

Serviceable running backs, the best WR/TE group in the AFC East, a revamped line and a promising situation at QB.

Our corners are elite, and pass rush should be there.

My worries for the phins are stopping the run and cutting off the middle.

Don't get excited. He also has the best team in the NFC not being 1 of 7 playoff teams.
Outside of the Patriots here is how Super Bowl losers have done recently the following year.
2019- LA Rams missed playoffs
2018- Patriots won SB. Outlier
2017- WC Atlanta divisional round
2016- Carolina missed playoffs
2015- WC Seattle divisional round
2014- 2 seed Denver divisional round

The Super Bowl loser tends to have a less successful season the following year.
The 49ers imo are going to comeback to the pack a lot next year.

NFC West teams will have 3-5 road games in the Central and Eastern time zone next year since they play the AFC East and NFC East.
West Coast teams typically struggle more in 1pm window games.

San Francisco had a really soft early schedule last year.

I expect them to be a playoff contender but fall short. I put the Cardinals 7th but it could be any West team in that spot.
Cards get Detroit and Carolina rather than 49ers getting Green Bay and New Orleans.

8-8/9-7 next year is what I would pick for the 49ers.

Outside of the Patriots here is how Super Bowl losers have done recently the following year.
2019- LA Rams missed playoffs
2018- Patriots won SB. Outlier
2017- WC Atlanta divisional round
2016- Carolina missed playoffs
2015- WC Seattle divisional round
2014- 2 seed Denver divisional round

The Super Bowl loser tends to have a less successful season the following year.
The 49ers imo are going to comeback to the pack a lot next year.

NFC West teams will have 3-5 road games in the Central and Eastern time zone next year since they play the AFC East and NFC East.
West Coast teams typically struggle more in 1pm window games.

San Francisco had a really soft early schedule last year.

I expect them to be a playoff contender but fall short. I put the Cardinals 7th but it could be any West team in that spot.
Cards get Detroit and Carolina rather than 49ers getting Green Bay and New Orleans.

8-8/9-7 next year is what I would pick for the 49ers.

Generally speaking the SB loser has had a very hard time getting back to the SB the next year. But over the last 10 years the SB loser has made it back to the playoffs in 8 of those 10 years.

I'd also say that SF is not in an especially tough division. The LA Rams have all sorts of cap issues and were not very good last year. No reason why they should be improved this year. Arizona will probably improve but seeing them at more than .500 is a major stretch. Seattle always has a chance with Wilson but are not all that loaded with talent.

I almost picked the patsies, but Alsacs has gotten into my head to much.

but I’m ready for them to play the bills week 1, win 27-10 and I will then hand them the AFC East right then and there.

I think the Pats are gonna be right where we need them to be - 7-8 wins. Not enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a super high draft pick.

Im incredibly excited.

Serviceable running backs, the best WR/TE group in the AFC East, a revamped line and a promising situation at QB.

Our corners are elite, and pass rush should be there.

My worries for the phins are stopping the run and cutting off the middle.

Really? I think Buffalo adding Diggs gives them the nod.

Really? I think Buffalo adding Diggs gives them the nod.
At this point I think DeVante Parker’s a better wideout than Diggs, I’m open to all argument.

Preston Williams looked like a to-be stud before his injury and Gesicki will be a top 5 TE soon.

At this point I think DeVante Parker’s a better wideout than Diggs, I’m open to all argument.

Preston Williams looked like a to-be stud before his injury and Gesicki will be a top 5 TE soon.
Parker is legit, finally turned the corner last season with Fitz. Williams looks like a great number 2. Gesicki sure, he made some plays but top 5 TE? We’ll see I guess. I think Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Gronk are still easily the best TEs. I think the bills have the best weapons on the AFC East now.

Parker is legit, finally turned the corner last season with Fitz. Williams looks like a great number 2. Gesicki sure, he made some plays but top 5 TE? We’ll see I guess. I think Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Gronk are still easily the best TEs. I think the bills have the best weapons on the AFC East now.
Im very suspicious of Gronk’s ability to just return to the NFL. I don’t think he’ll approach nearly the same production

Im very suspicious of Gronk’s ability to just return to the NFL. I don’t think he’ll approach nearly the same production
Me too, just felt I had to include him.

Crazy talk.

Diggs owes alot of his production to the rise of Thielen. Thielen doesn't need to be open to make catches. Diggs has boom / bust potential game to game moreso than your typical stud receiver.

Agreed. it's really not even close.
Explain. Parker is the better receiver in traffic, in the endzone and over the top. Sure Diggs is faster, but Diggs has benefitted from a superior offense and less doubles imo because of Thielen, Dalvin and Rudolph.

How in the world is that crazy talk
Parker was a bum for 4 years and good for 1. Diggs has been a high-level NFL player for years. Williams has 428 more NFL receiving yards than I do so thinking he's already better than John Brown is absurd. Gesecki is maybe better than Dawson Knox but I'm not even sure that is factual going forward. Looking at numbers of guys that were playing in garbage time for 50% of games for half the season and anointing them is probably not the best idea.

Then to the RBs, Jordan Howard is on his 3rd team in 3 years and neither of the teams that let him go are probably sad about it. Breida was the #3 back on his team as of 5 days ago and was available for a 5th.

The Dolphins certainly appear to be on their way to something, but you are getting wayyyyyy ahead of yourself. To think they are more than a 7 win team right now is crazy talk. Vegas has them still has the 6th worst team in the league with a +/- of 6 wins.

Parker was a bum for 4 years and good for 1. Diggs has been a high-level NFL player for years. Williams has 428 more NFL receiving yards than I do so thinking he's already better than John Brown is absurd. Gesecki is maybe better than Dawson Knox but I'm not even sure that is factual going forward. Looking at numbers of guys that were playing in garbage time for 50% of games for half the season and anointing them is probably not the best idea.

Then to the RBs, Jordan Howard is on his 3rd team in 3 years and neither of the teams that let him go are probably sad about it. Breida was the #3 back on his team as of 5 days ago and was available for a 5th.

The Dolphins certainly appear to be on their way to something, but you are getting wayyyyyy ahead of yourself. To think they are more than a 7 win team right now is crazy talk. Vegas has them still has the 6th worst team in the league with a +/- of 6 wins.
Parker had his first healthy year last year and put up 1200 yards with Fitz and Rosen as his QB’s and not one running back above 300 yards. Diggs has enjoyed better qb’s, better surrounding talent and a considerable complementary running game his entire career to free him up all over the field, I think you should take that into consideration. Diggs does not near the same level of production if he’s a focal point like Parker was on the Phins offense.

I think anyone who actually watched the phins for the second half of last season can understand the slight increase in hype when taking the additions on defense, in the rb core and Preston Williams coming back healthy into account. The thing that will keep the phins down primarily is there schedule, even though the AFC East itself is down this year which may allow the Bills a division title. I don’t believe Josh is the answer, but few teams have the guns to put up against your D.

Parker had his first healthy year last year and put up 1200 yards with Fitz and Rosen as his QB’s and not one running back above 300 yards. Diggs has enjoyed better qb’s, better surrounding talent and a considerable complementary running game his entire career to free him up all over the field, I think you should take that into consideration. Diggs does not near the same level of production if he’s a focal point like Parker was on the Phins offense.

I think anyone who actually watched the phins for the second half of last season can understand the slight increase in hype when taking the additions on defense, in the rb core and Preston Williams coming back healthy into account. The thing that will keep the phins down primarily is there schedule, even though the AFC East itself is down this year which may allow the Bills a division title. I don’t believe Josh is the answer, but few teams have the guns to put up against your D.
I have never moved off the fence for Allen thus far, if anything I dip my toes in thinking he's not the answer every time he airmails a deep ball by 8 yards.

No Byes 16 straight games, start the season in October, Super Bowl last week of February on the table.

AFC East teams could potentially get a huge break if crowds aren’t allowed in CA next year.

Buffalo/Miami play at SF
NYJ/NE play at LAC and LAR
Next year.

With no bye weeks scheduling should be uniform.

All NFC-AFC games the same week.
Inter-conference games the same week.
Division games the same week.

Just to make sure no teams get a major advantage due to travel and no byes.

No Byes 16 straight games, start the season in October, Super Bowl last week of February on the table.

AFC East teams could potentially get a huge break if crowds aren’t allowed in CA next year.

Buffalo/Miami play at SF
NYJ/NE play at LAC and LAR
Next year.

With no bye weeks scheduling should be uniform.

All NFC-AFC games the same week.
Inter-conference games the same week.
Division games the same week.

Just to make sure no teams get a major advantage due to travel and no byes.
I would scrap the full division and AFC full division for the year.

- for interleague, just go to a crossover by region: East v East. West v West etc

- for interConference, have the NFC East play the South and the West play the North.

- figure out the last 2 games later, but try to minimize travel

- the AFC is harder because the South is kinda westward but Jax, but they think they’re London too, so Fluck them. id do AFC East v the North and South v West

I have issues with this standpoint, yes.
I disagree with it also but Tyree is a good guy just very religious. I grew up in an old school italian house and for the longest time was told to believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. I changed my opinion a few years ago.

I would scrap the full division and AFC full division for the year.

- for interleague, just go to a crossover by region: East v East. West v West etc

- for interConference, have the NFC East play the South and the West play the North.

- figure out the last 2 games later, but try to minimize travel

- the AFC is harder because the South is kinda westward but Jax, but they think they’re London too, so Fluck them. id do AFC East v the North and South v West

Under your proposal would the Eagles get to keep their annual home game in north Jersey? Asking for a friend.

Fun fact of the day.

Since 2017 Jameis winston has thrown more complete passes to saints than Taysom Hill ... So maybe he has a leg up on the backup QB position.

If the Patriots sign him they aren’t tanking.
If they pass then they aren’t trying to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom