NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

If (huge if) Tannehill plays like he did in the regular season last year, he might be better than Brady. But it's also possible Brady wouldn't accept that deal.
It’s more likely Vrabel did Brady a favor in faking interest.
As their is no way people who watch the games can think Tannehill is better unless Brady wasn’t a real option.

Brady’s supporting cast last year on offense was trash outside of Edelman which teams started to double team when they realized it.

Brady isn’t washed. He needs a supporting cast though.

This tells me he has been bluffing with NE and is coming back.

The Bucs probably want Teddy Bridgewater and then it will be New England for Brady.

The Bucs are the only team left for Brady that makes sense.

The Chargers and Raiders don’t.

Apparently the players association is the reason why the NFL league year wasn’t pushed back and apparently not many are too happy about this ... who’s going to sign a free agent without a thorough medical ? You can’t do that remotely .. and this requires medical personnel / resources .. pretty selfish move

Last edited:
Apparently the players association is the reason why the NFL league year wasn’t pushed back and apparently not many are too happy about this ... who’s going to sign a free agent without a thorough medical ? You can’t do that remotely .. and this requires medical personnel / resources .. pretty selfish move

Question I don’t know the answer to: let’s say free agency gets delayed for 2-3 months due to covid. Do all the free agents have to go 2-3 months without getting paid? If so I imagine that might be a part of it.

Question I don’t know the answer to: let’s say free agency gets delayed for 2-3 months due to covid. Do all the free agents have to go 2-3 months without getting paid? If so I imagine that might be a part of it.
Players don’t get paid in the offseason.

They get 2 checks a month during the season.
1st and 15th September till January.

They get 250 dollars a week and per diem for food during training camp.

Players don’t get paid in the offseason.

They get 2 checks a month during the season.
1st and 15th September till January.

They get 250 dollars a week and per diem for food during training camp.
signing bonus' are paid right away i believe.

The Chargers have a nice set of skill players in K.Allen/M.Williams, H.Henry, and Ekeler. If they CAN sure up their line through trade/FA/draft, I could see Brady being interested in LA. That franchise could use a shot in the arm and would get that in signing TB.

Tampa/NE are still likely the favorites.

Edit: can not can't

The Chargers have a nice set of skill players in K.Allen/M.Williams, H.Henry, and Ekeler. If they can't sure up their line through trade/FA/draft, I could see Brady being interested in LA. That franchise could use a shot in the arm and would get that in signing TB.
Chargers are in the same division as Mahomes and Brady is always mediocre against Denver.

His legacy matters to him.
I think he would do better in Tampa than the Chargers.

Tampa has New Orleans.
Atlanta and Carolina are meh.
He could get to 10-6 in Tampa.
Gisele could live in Miami and he would play 2-3 years with Arians and let Leftwich take over as HC with the QB he drafts and grooms.

Chargers are in the same division as Mahomes and Brady is always mediocre against Denver.

His legacy matters to him.
I think he would do better in Tampa than the Chargers.

Tampa has New Orleans.
Atlanta and Carolina are meh.
He could get to 10-6 in Tampa.
Gisele could leave in Miami and he would play 2-3 years with Arians and let Leftwich take over as HC with the QB he drafts and grooms.

Agreed that the Bucs are the better option here, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out the Chargers.

this is why the NFL needs to keep business as usual.

it is the only real sports thing going on in America and the World.

obviously they should not start workouts and gathering to practice etc, but i see no reason to not start the league year 'paper-wise'.

i said this before, the draft can be as simple as a robot camera on Goodell as he answers the damn phone and tells everyone the pick.

the NFL should operate as best they can till they run out of options and its time to hit...and if they cant hit, then shut it down then.

If Brady goes to Tampa it means Belichick didn’t want him and he is going for the money.
Which will tick off a portion of Patriots fans but honestly him in a Bucs uniform doesn’t anger me. He is getting good money and moving on.

If Brady goes to Tampa it means Belichick didn’t want him and he is going for the money.
Which will tick off a portion of Patriots fans but honestly him in a Bucs uniform doesn’t anger me. He is getting good money and moving on.
8 home games in FL plus at least 2 more in a Dome every year, wont hurt the stats either.

Erick Flowers is looking at a contract in FA north of 10 million per year.
He was moved to guard after leaving the NYG.

Erick Flowers is looking at a contract in FA north of 10 million per year.
He was moved to guard after leaving the NYG.
good for him.

but he still quit on the Giants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom