NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

And now he’ll throw to Parker, Gesicki and Williams who are often wide open as well. Cant wait.
Not exactly Duper & Clayton.

hell, I’m not sure theyre even better than Cefalo.

Not exactly Duper & Clayton.

hell, I’m not sure theyre even better than Cefalo.
Parker had 1200 yards on ~70 catches last year with Rosen getting considerable snaps in the first few games. Wasn’t even in the top 10 for targets in the NFl either.

He threw dump offs to world class RBs behind future NFL players all over the OL.

then he threw to wide open future NFL WRs.

B.U.S.T.

goodbye
Many SEC qb's have done all those things, but none at that accuracy.

The kid is a good passer. I just think he was surrounded by an elite OL and 4 first or second round WRs last year. Two of those 4 were eligible for this year’s draft and both went in the first round.

The talent made his passes really easy to complete. He didn’t have to pass Into tight windows. Ruggs, Jeudy, Waddle,Smith honestly as a top 4 is the best college WR core probably ever.

Tua has health concerns and I need to see how he does against teams with equal talent.

I don’t blame the Dolphins at all. I just don’t know if he was worth that high a pick though. He is just a gamble imo. I didn’t like any of this year’s QBs except Burrow.
That talent is there all the time at that school and throughout the SEC, c'mon. Yeah I stated health is a toss up, you still don't pass on him if you need a qb imo, worth the gamble. I'd usually not bank on Bama qb's, but this kid is different.

That talent is there all the time at that school and throughout the SEC, c'mon. Yeah I stated health is a toss up, you still don't pass on him if you need a qb imo, worth the gamble. I'd usually not bank on Bama qb's, but this kid is different.
The talent at Alabama is off the charts.

The 2 WRs from 2019 Alabama football team who entered the draft went in the first round.
Jeudy and Ruggs.
Smith and Waddle will go top 2 rounds when they go to the draft next year.

Tua’s Blind side tackle went 10th overall in this draft.

SEC teams get talent but Alabama’s talent is off the charts.
OL Leatherwood and Neal both are likely first round picks in next year’s draft.

The talent around Tua last year was crazy and it’s not really a shocker since the school is an NFL breeding ground.

I don’t see the same talent from Tua. I see a kid who is smart and can throw the ball. I don’t see him as the engine that made his talent better.

I don’t blame the Fins for taking him in the draft. I just never was on high on him as a prospect because of the talent around him. If I had Jaylen Waddle as my 4th WR against college defenses the offense can’t be stopped unless mistakes happen.

The talent on the Alabama offense last year was insane. They just had a lot of inexperienced defensive players and injuries on that side of the ball.

The talent at Alabama is off the charts.

The 2 WRs from 2019 Alabama football team who entered the draft went in the first round.
Jeudy and Ruggs.
Smith and Waddle will go top 2 rounds when they go to the draft next year.

Tua’s Blind side tackle went 10th overall in this draft.

SEC teams get talent but Alabama’s talent is off the charts.
OL Leatherwood and Neal both are likely first round picks in next year’s draft.

The talent around Tua last year was crazy and it’s not really a shocker since the school is an NFL breeding ground.

I don’t see the same talent from Tua. I see a kid who is smart and can throw the ball. I don’t see him as the engine that made his talent better.

I don’t blame the Fins for taking him in the draft. I just never was on high on him as a prospect because of the talent around him. If I had Jaylen Waddle as my 4th WR against college defenses the offense can’t be stopped unless mistakes happen.

The talent on the Alabama offense last year was insane. They just had a lot of inexperienced defensive players and injuries on that side of the ball.
Eh, splitting hairs to me. We'll see soon hopefully. I will say, there's not a question he was the engine that won his team a chip as a true frosh, so that talent couldn't get Hurts over the finish line, but replacing the engine did.

Whoops...

Asante is an idiot if he doesn’t realize how good Darrell Green was.
Now maybe Green played a couple of years too long to hurt his legacy at the end but the guy in the 1980s to mid 1990s was a lockdown CB. He was a surefire HOFer I would have said first ballot guy but not sure if he was.

He was a dangerous PR as well. Green may have been the fastest player in the NFL for a good amount of years.

I wish Asante would look in the mirror if he caught the damn ball in SB 42 the Pats go 19-0.

Now maybe Green played a couple of years too long to hurt his legacy at the end but the guy in the 1980s to mid 1990s was a lockdown CB. He was a surefire HOFer I would have said first ballot guy but not sure if he was.

He was a dangerous PR as well. Green may have been the fastest player in the NFL for a good amount of years.

I wish Asante would look in the mirror if he caught the damn ball in SB 42 the Pats go 19-0.
Green might be able to run a 4.4 40 today.

The only reason I remember Asante is that ball thrown too high for him to catch, but hey it it looks like he could’ve caught based on the camera view after it’s behind him and actual physics where the ball is pulled to the ground, unlike fake physics where footballs deflate in 5 minutes in warm, yet cold temperatures like the ones who lost the trial want us to believe.

Now a Darrell Green??? Yeah, I remember him.

The New York Football Giants played against the bastard at least 2x a year from when I was in the 7th grade till when I was thirty-fluckin-two.

anever lost a step.

Green is on my All Time Team that I saw live, team.

Last edited:
When Tony Dungy feels the need to call you out publicly, even in his typical classy way, you know you've said something dumb.
Yeah, that’s a mic drop where the only thing that’s next is an apology to Green, to Dungy and to everyone who ever watched Green play.

Mahomes just signed a 10 year extension.
He probably got over 200 million guaranteed.

Wonder if it's a flat number like $375m or if he's going to be the 1st one to get a deal tied to a % of the cap each year. Would be pretty dumb to take a set number at this point without knowing for certain how much the new TV deals will increase the cap.

Wonder if it's a flat number like $375m or if he's going to be the 1st one to get a deal tied to a % of the cap each year. Would be pretty dumb to take a set number at this point without knowing for certain how much the new TV deals will increase the cap.
Gotta imagine that if it's a set number you're off by like $50-100 million unless he just feels like being nice.

The length of the contract suggest Mahomes got a lot of guaranteed money to just spread that out.

The guarantee is all that matters.
I doubt he gave them that big a discount.
My guess is 10 years 350 million, 225 million guaranteed. With a couple of the years being voidable with incentives.

Gotta imagine that if it's a set number you're off by like $50-100 million unless he just feels like being nice.
My thinking is that they have him for 2 years at somewhere around $30.1m depending on the final 5th year option number so if he gets $40m a year over those other 8 years that it's still only at $350m.

I'd have to guess that it's 10/$375 with something like $180m over the 1st 5 years guaranteed and last 5 years are just to inflate the total value for ESPN to talk about despite everyone with a brain knowing it's not real.

My thinking is that they have him for 2 years at somewhere around $30.1m depending on the final 5th year option number so if he gets $40m a year over those other 8 years that it's still only at $350m.

I'd have to guess that it's 10/$375 with something like $180m over the 1st 5 years guaranteed and last 5 years are just to inflate the total value for ESPN to talk about despite everyone with a brain knowing it's not real.
And I'm an idiot because it looks like it's a pure 10 year extension on top of those 2 years so $400m is an easy number to get to at that point.

Should the NFL change it’s schedule for this season.

Should the interconference games be close matchups to save travel due to this pandemic?

If the stadiums aren’t going to have fans then changing the schedules shouldn’t be an issue.

Must be nice when the franchise loves back

Really cool article. I admire those guys who realize you don't need to be 330 lbs once you're done with football and in fact, it's probably a really bad idea but you can still be really strong and athletic. It doesn't get easier to drop it as you get older so it's good to get it done right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom