NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Man, I can't help ya if that's what you derive from that full quote.

I'm afraid I can't help u either. I've seen plenty of rookie QBs say they are willing to sit and learn behind a veteran QB. That part is normal. Never have heard one say it would be helpful to rest up for a year. Gee I wonder why he said that.

Giants keep being discussed.
I think it’s the Titans or Patriots though.
Raiders want a splash but I can’t see Brady being coached by Jon Gruden.

Boston media believe Tom Brady is gone and going to Tennessee.

Assuming TB is gone, you think Stidham starts week 1 for Patriots?
Belichick will get legit heat from Patriots fans if he doesn’t resign Brady and then brings in a veteran like Andy Dalton or pays Teddy Bridgewater.
Patriots fans want Brady treated with respect. If Brady will play for NE at a reasonable price and Belichick doesn’t want him that will be bad.
Belichick would have to start a Stidham or draft a rookie.

He can’t let Brady go and then pay another QB.

Brady wasn’t bad last year.
He had no weapons outside out of Edelman and a bad OL.

Put Brady on Tennessee they are dangerous.
Good OL, elite RB and good young weapons.

Belichick will get legit heat from Patriots fans if he doesn’t resign Brady and then brings in a veteran like Andy Dalton or pays Teddy Bridgewater.
Patriots fans want Brady treated with respect. If Brady will play for NE at a reasonable price and Belichick doesn’t want him that will be bad.
Belichick would have to start a Stidham or draft a rookie.

He can’t let Brady go and then pay another QB.

Brady wasn’t bad last year.
He had no weapons outside out of Edelman and a bad OL.

Put Brady on Tennessee they are dangerous.
Good OL, elite RB and good young weapons.
I agree he would be a good fit for Tenn. I read he had some connection there with a coach, can't remember who. Look what Tannehill did at Tenn this year!

I agree he would be a good fit for Tenn. I read he had some connection there with a coach, can't remember who. Look what Tannehill did at Tenn this year!
Mike Vrabel the Tennessee HC is the a former teammate of Brady in NE.
They know each other and had a good teammate relationship.
The GM of Tennessee is from NE as well.

Tennessee is the only spot that made sense if Brady is leaving and wants to win.

Can someone explain to me how the franchise tag for TEs is over $10m when no TEs make over $10m a year?Jimmy G is the only one with a $10m average and it is exactly $10m. I thought it was supposed to be the average of the top 5 guys at the position.

Can someone explain to me how the franchise tag for TEs is over $10m when no TEs make over $10m a year?Jimmy G is the only one with a $10m average and it is exactly $10m. I thought it was supposed to be the average of the top 5 guys at the position.
Figured it out. It goes by percentage of the cap with some other stuff factored in. Kind of stupid that the tag will be $10.5m which will instantly make Hooper or Henry the highest paid TE in the league if they were to be tagged.

The numbers you would need to use to calculate it are premium-access only, but essentially:

Average top 5 TE salaries each year for the past 5 years. Divide that by the total salary cap for each of those 5 years to get a % of the cap. Then multiple that % by the new projected salary cap ($200 million). This year's cap is expected to be over 6% higher than last year's, so naturally the franchise tag will be higher as well.

If you use just last year's top 5 salaries (all the other years are locked), you get an average of $9.25 million for the top 5 TEs and when adjusted for 2020, that number goes up to $9.83 million. So apparently the previous years would cause that increase to be even greater.

This nfl CBA vote is going to be interesting ... the highly paid players are pretty much against it yet the league salary minimum members (who are SIXTY PERCENTof the union ) are likely to take the 100k pay raise and vote yes..despite Pounceys claims he’ll give them money if they need it .. lol

This nfl CBA vote is going to be interesting ... the highly paid players are pretty much against it yet the league salary minimum members (who are SIXTY PERCENTof the union ) are likely to take the 100k pay raise and vote yes..despite Pounceys claims he’ll give them money if they need it .. lol
It is a chitty deal for the players but they will never a good deal unless players build a huge strike fund and players can sustain missing a year.
They never will.

Thus, the NFLPA has to take whatever wins they can get. If I were the NFLPA say you don't want to give us guaranteed contracts fine then the franchise tag has to go. The franchise tag keeps the top players off the market every offseason and thus the bar for certain positions never go up. If they want to say QBs only can be franchised fine but no way should a player like Chris Jones get franchised when he has been underpaid and finally gets to FA when the sport doesn't give guaranteed contracts.

This deal is just terrible. The only positive for players is if they vest for 4 years then they get lifetime health care when they reach 65 but they got to get to 65 to get that health care.

10 years is a joke. NFLPA should our agree to a shorter team deal it allows the owners to negotiate a TV deal to their benefit.
The players are never going to win but they need better leadership. This deal is going to pass.

It is a chitty deal for the players but they will never a good deal unless players build a huge strike fund and players can sustain missing a year.
They never will.

Thus, the NFLPA has to take whatever wins they can get. If I were the NFLPA say you don't want to give us guaranteed contracts fine then the franchise tag has to go. The franchise tag keeps the top players off the market every offseason and thus the bar for certain positions never go up. If they want to say QBs only can be franchised fine but no way should a player like Chris Jones get franchised when he has been underpaid and finally gets to FA when the sport doesn't give guaranteed contracts.

This deal is just terrible. The only positive for players is if they vest for 4 years then they get lifetime health care when they reach 65 but they got to get to 65 to get that health care.

10 years is a joke. NFLPA should our agree to a shorter team deal it allows the owners to negotiate a TV deal to their benefit.
The players are never going to win but they need better leadership. This deal is going to pass.
It annoys me that the top of the food chain here is bullying the rank & file. What is the average career, 3 years?? And this could put another 300k into a backup LBs pocket amongst other things?

The rank & file are the guys playing 20 games a year now, the elite play 16 with a few plays here or there in August.

I don’t care what the Pouncey’s and Aaron Rodgers who has maybe 2 years left has to say.

This needs to pass.

The players really need to milk more money out of the owners.

It annoys me that the top of the food chain here is bullying the rank & file. What is the average career, 3 years?? And this could put another 300k into a backup LBs pocket amongst other things?

The rank & file are the guys playing 20 games a year now, the elite play 16 with a few plays here or there in August.

I don’t care what the Pouncey’s and Aaron Rodgers who has maybe 2 years left has to say.

This needs to pass.
This deal is garbage for the players.
Giving the rank and file a few extra bucks doesn't fix the CBA.
The franchise tag is a joke. The players can negotiate a better CBA and 10 years with out the ability to opt-out is so bad for the players.

This deal is garbage for the players.
Giving the rank and file a few extra bucks doesn't fix the CBA.
The franchise tag is a joke. The players can negotiate a better CBA and 10 years with out the ability to opt-out is so bad for the players.
The Franchise tag is irrelevant to 95% of NFL players so why would that possibly be a big sticking point? Raising the minimum, more jobs, better healthcare and being able to smoke are the priorities for the majority of the players.

The Franchise tag is irrelevant to 95% of NFL players so why would that possibly be a big sticking point? Raising the minimum, more jobs, better healthcare and being able to smoke are the priorities for the majority of the players.
The NFL would give the players all those concessions for 10 years of labor peace and a 17 game schedule.
The PA should demand more. That 17 isn’t going to last.
The owners will push it to 18 next CBA and what did the players get?
Just breadcrumbs.

NFLPA is just terribly organized.

That’s nuts.

I like Romo and think he’s a solid analyst but that kinda cash for a color guy is crazy.

If ESPN spread half that amount among their college hoops analysts we might’ve been spared the Cory Alexander Experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom