NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

He is never getting into the Pats HOF.
He only coached the team for 4 years.
He left the team in such a bush league manner negotiating a contract with the team’s biggest rivals during SB 31 week instead of waiting till after the game.
Then he poached Curtis Martin from the team the following year with a poison pill contract.

He was 32-32 in 4 years. He doesn’t belong in the team’s HOF.

The team was awful from 1988 to 1992 but the organization was not a laughing stock.
They made the Super Bowl in 1985. They won the division the following year losing to the eventual AFC champs on the road in the divisional round.

Then they hired Rod Rust and Coach Mac. The Patriots actually won more games than your Giants from 1970-1989 it was just they had a bad years from 1988-1992.

Parcells how he left the organization doesn’t belong in. I mean Raymond Berry took the team to a SB and Chuck Fairbanks both had better records and they aren’t in.
Tuna is Giants HOFer:
Tuna taking the pats to the SuperBowl helps his resume out significantly, but I agree he’s not really a ‘pats ring of honor guy’.

but that 4-5 year period, they were a laughingstock.

He did save the franchise.

people in Boston wouldn’t even admit to liking them then.

Kraft is going to take full credit for that turnaround, winged by Bill & tommyboy.

if all they won was say 2001, is think you all would think differently of him.

don’t really care, he’s in the HOF because of the Giants years.

Tuna taking the pats to the SuperBowl helps his resume out significantly, but I agree he’s not really a ‘pats ring of honor guy’.

Kraft is going to take full credit for that turnaround, winged by Bill & tommyboy.

Patriots only made that SB because Denver choked at home to second year Jacksonville.
Patriots were young and up and coming that point. The SB appearance was luck.

Bob Kraft saved the franchise. The reason the team went down hill was Victor Kiam buying the team in 1988 and firing Raymond Berry who took them to the SB in 1985-86.

Kraft bought the lease to the stadium which prevented the owner who bought the team from Kiam from being able to move the franchise.
Orthwein was a St. Louis beer executive who bought the team in 1991 to move the team to St. Louis since they lost their team to Arizona.
Bob Kraft bought the lease to the stadium and wouldn’t let the team move without paying him over 150 million dollars.
Orthwein couldn’t get out of the lease and didn’t want to pay the exit fee. So he sold the franchise to Bob Kraft in 1993.

Kraft saved the Patriots. Parcells did a decent job but the franchise wasn’t a career loser they had 4 terrible years. Again from 1970-1989 they won more games than your team.
Parcells abandoned the team right when he could have won a SB in the future.
Parcells has admitted he was wrong for he reacted to Kraft.

Duane doesn’t belong in the Pats HOF. He was negotiating with the Jets before finishing the SB with his current team.
He doesn’t belong in their HOF.

Patriots only made that SB because Denver choked at home to second year Jacksonville.
Patriots were young and up and coming that point. The SB appearance was luck.

Bob Kraft saved the franchise. The reason the team went down hill was Victor Kiam buying the team in 1988 and firing Raymond Berry who took them to the SB in 1985-86.

Kraft bought the lease to the stadium which prevented the owner who bought the team from Kiam from being able to move the franchise.
Orthwein was a St. Louis beer executive who bought the team in 1991 to move the team to St. Louis since they lost their team to Arizona.
Bob Kraft bought the lease to the stadium and wouldn’t let the team move without paying him over 150 million dollars.
Orthwein couldn’t get out of the lease and didn’t want to pay the exit fee. So he sold the franchise to Bob Kraft in 1993.

Kraft saved the Patriots. Parcells did a decent job but the franchise wasn’t a career loser they had 4 terrible years. Again from 1970-1989 they won more games than your team.
Parcells abandoned the team right when he could have won a SB in the future.
Parcells has admitted he was wrong for he reacted to Kraft.

Duane doesn’t belong in the Pats HOF. He was negotiating with the Jets before finishing the SB with his current team.
He doesn’t belong in their HOF.
From 1965-1983, I would guess there’s not a team in any league with a worse record than the New York Football Giants.

I’d think the only teams with more wins in the 80s than the Giants are 49ers, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Raiders and maybe the Rams.

the Giants got a late start too, 81 was good but 80 & 82-83 were horrible. (81 draft was LT, 82 was Kinard & Marshall, 84 was Banks)

kraft may have kept the franchise in Boston, but Parcells put the butts back in the seats.

anyway, really don’t care...found it interesting.

EXxpGc4XQAEhYT-

Anonymous source articles are garbage. Whomever in Brady’s camp leaked that didn’t have permission and likely will get weeded out.

Brady never says anything negative publicly it’s dumb for Myers to report that.

EXxpGc4XQAEhYT-

Anonymous source articles are garbage. Whomever in Brady’s camp leaked that didn’t have permission and likely will get weeded out.

Brady never says anything negative publicly it’s dumb for Myers to report that.
If Myers ever had a fastball, he lost it a long time ago.

these types of pieces are likely all he can bring to an editor now.

I would say negiotating a deal with a division rival while your team is in the sb is a good way to keep you out of the ring of honor.

I would say negiotating a deal with a division rival while your team is in the sb is a good way to keep you out of the ring of honor.
No it’s not.

but look at that staff he had!! He likely had the time to do a lot of things!

good lord, all he really needed to do was pop into a few meetings, insult some players then during stretching ask the weaker minded ones if they wanted to go home...

they’d be ready.

No it’s not.

but look at that staff he had!! He likely had the time to do a lot of things!

good lord, all he really needed to do was pop into a few meetings, insult some players then during stretching ask the weaker minded ones if they wanted to go home...

they’d be ready.
Duane was wrong for how he conducted himself in New Orleans during SB 31 he has admitted it himself.

Parcells biggest contribution to the Patriots was his relationship with Belichick from his NYG days got Belichick to take the NE assistant job in 96 after he got fired from Cleveland. Belichick had 2 offers be the Miami Dolphins DC under Jimmy Johnson or be the secondary coach/assistant HC for NE. Belichick was loyal to Parcells which allowed Kraft to develop an initial relationship with the guy which Kraft used to want to hire Belichick after Pete Carroll.

Duane doesn’t belong in the NE HOF though for how he conducted his exit.

Duane was wrong for how he conducted himself in New Orleans during SB 31 he has admitted it himself.

Parcells biggest contribution to the Patriots was his relationship with Belichick from his NYG days got Belichick to take the NE assistant job in 96 after he got fired from Cleveland. Belichick had 2 offers be the Miami Dolphins DC under Jimmy Johnson or be the secondary coach/assistant HC for NE. Belichick was loyal to Parcells which allowed Kraft to develop an initial relationship with the guy which Kraft used to want to hire Belichick after Pete Carroll.

Duane doesn’t belong in the NE HOF though for how he conducted his exit.
im happy with him not in there...it would tarnish his Giants Legacy.

hes fine with Steve Owen, Jim Lee Howell & Tom Coughlin up in the Meadowlands.

Tom should get a Canton call soon. I think hes eligible in the fall of 2021 for 2022 enshrinement.

So alsacs how come you didn't pony up 250k to watch a mnf game with your buddy Roger?

So alsacs how come you didn't pony up 250k to watch a mnf game with your buddy Roger?
Portnoy will be better. Portnoy went to jail because of Goodell and was removed from SB 53 by the NFL. Literally the guy and the 3 others fought the NFL on their turf over deflate gate which was awesome.
The fact it will be on ESPN as well makes it so much better.

I have to say this article is very impressive. It achieves the trifecta of making the players, coaches, and league itself look bad in a simple few paragraphs

I have to say this article is very impressive. It achieves the trifecta of making the players, coaches, and league itself look bad in a simple few paragraphs

This story isn’t a big deal because Tomlin probably gave Harrison an envelope because he disagreed with the amount of fine Harrison got. Not because there was a bounty on the Browns player.

The problem is the NFL isn’t consistent and if you are a Rooney or Mara franchise you can get away with stuff but if you aren’t you can get hammered.

This story isn’t a big deal because Tomlin probably gave Harrison an envelope because he disagreed with the amount of fine Harrison got. Not because there was a bounty on the Browns player.

The problem is the NFL isn’t consistent and if you are a Rooney or Mara franchise you can get away with stuff but if you aren’t you can get hammered.
I don't think it is a big deal either - the backpedaling and conflicting quotes are hilarious.

You still haven’t given back the 1st 3 Lombardi’s.

do I have to send Goodell another thank you note on your behalf??

I'm disgusted with Dak on this. Middle of pandemic, 100k dead (almost), millions out of work and many struggling financially, NFL revenue down and this dude is trying to cut the tree down let alone shake it relentlessly. I'm almost at the point to say screw it and send his ass packing. Can't believe I'm saying that knowing as a Cowboys fan it possibly tosses next season in the gutter.

I'm disgusted with Dak on this. Middle of pandemic, 100k dead (almost), millions out of work and many struggling financially, NFL revenue down and this dude is trying to cut the tree down let alone shake it relentlessly. I'm almost at the point to say screw it and send his ass packing. Can't believe I'm saying that knowing as a Cowboys fan it possibly tosses next season in the gutter.
Dak wants to get paid. He hasn’t been paid yet.
I don’t believe Dak has turned that deal down.
I feel Jerry is leaking and trying to get the public on his side.

Cowboys could have signed Jameis or drafted a QB. Jerry wants Dak to take a discount deal.

Dak wants to get paid. He hasn’t been paid yet.
I don’t believe Dak has turned that deal down.
I feel Jerry is leaking and trying to get the public on his side.

Cowboys could have signed Jameis or drafted a QB. Jerry wants Dak to take a discount deal.

I am sure he is. Jerry is never on the good side of anything in my opinion. With that said, if this is true ( could possibly not be) it is very disappointing.

And also I am sorry but even 30 million in one year is 10x what a family making the median household income would make in a lifetime. The NFL is now officially hitting NBA/MLB levels of absurdity with max contracts.

The Eagles have proposed an alternative to the onsides kick that the NFL is supposedly giving serious consideration. The proposed rule is a modification to what Denver proposed last year and that didn't get required support.
Philly is proposing that a team be given the opportunity to attempt a 4th and 15 from its own 25 yard line after a score (this can be attempted 2x a game). If they make the 1st down then they get to keep the ball and if not the defensive team gets the ball wherever the play ended.

The impetus for the this proposal is the difficulty in recovering an onsides kick has grown to where now only a little more than 10% are recovered by the kicking team. Supposedly 4th and 15s are converted at a 15% clip so that would be an improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom