NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Hey Alsacs there’s a good Patriots game on NBC right now

Hey Alsacs there’s a good Patriots game on NBC right now
Yeah but the Patriots were garbage before Duane Parcells showed up in 1993.
The team was never good before he arrived? How did the franchise play in the Super Bowl in 1986?

That Bears D was insane. Patriots overachieved beating the Dolphins in that year’s AFC title game.

Football fans don’t care that the Patriots were really garbage for 4 years 1989-1992 and that narrative is that is entire franchise history. They were average to competitive most years before 1989-1992.
Poor Coach Mac he wasn’t a pro HC.
Duane Parcells though gave great press conferences.

Note on the game you are watching before the Bears took over the Pats were up 3-0 And actually scored points on that Bears D which the Giants and Rams were unable to do that year’s NFC playoffs.

Yeah but the Patriots were garbage before Duane Parcells showed up in 1993.
The team was never good before he arrived? How did the franchise play in the Super Bowl in 1986?

That Bears D was insane. Patriots overachieved beating the Dolphins in that year’s AFC title game.

Football fans don’t care that the Patriots were really garbage for 4 years 1989-1992 and that narrative is that is entire franchise history. They were average to competitive most years before 1989-1992.
Poor Coach Mac he wasn’t a pro HC.
Duane Parcells though gave great press conferences.

Note on the game you are watching before the Bears took over the Pats were up 3-0 And actually scored points on that Bears D which the Giants and Rams were unable to do that year’s NFC playoffs.

The first football seasons I really remember were 88 somewhat, and 89 very well. So that 89-92 period was a lifetime to me. Patriots were trash until Parcells came. But that’s my skewed perception based on age.

NE had a couple of very good teams in the mid to late 70s but they had the misfortune of having to deal with the Raiders and Steelers who were the dominant teams of that era.

Injuries are part of the game as we all know but offseason ones such as these are so frustrating.. especially after the season of injuries that the Birds just endured. Crushing loss to the line...

Brandon Brooks last 3 Seasons...
- Started all 48 reg. season games
- Played 95% of offensive snaps
- Pro Bowl in each season
Only missed game (incl. playoffs) was 2019 Wild Card loss vs Seahawks...Eagles allowed 7 sacks.

I bet Jason Peters will be resigned sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Injuries are part of the game as we all know but offseason ones such as these are so frustrating.. especially after the season of injuries that the Birds just endured. Crushing loss to the line...

Brandon Brooks last 3 Seasons...
- Started all 48 reg. season games
- Played 95% of offensive snaps
- Pro Bowl in each season
Only missed game (incl. playoffs) was 2019 Wild Card loss vs Seahawks...Eagles allowed 7 sacks.

I bet Jason Peters will be resigned sooner rather than later.

May be the best guard in the NFL but man he has bad luck with injuries. In the last two years he has blown out both achilles tendons and had shoulder surgery as well. Huge loss.

CBS top 10 list for divisional rivalries.

1. Bears-Packers
2. Cowboys-Eagles
3. Steelers-Ravens
4. Chiefs-Raiders
5. Giants-Redskins
6. Patriots-Jets
7. Rams-49ers
8. Dolphins-Bills
9. Saints-Falcons
10. Broncos-Chargers.

This list is historical rivals.

Wow I'd put Chiefs Broncos or Chiefs Raiders way before Broncos Chargers in the AFC West.

1. Bears-Packers
2. Cowboys-Eagles
3. Steelers-Ravens
4. Chiefs-Raiders
5. Giants-Redskins
6. Patriots-Jets
7. Rams-49ers
8. Dolphins-Bills
9. Saints-Falcons
10. Broncos-Chargers.

Cowboys vs Redskins is bigger historically than the Iggles. I'd say Eagles/Giants is bigger than Skins/Giants.

Overall this is a pretty crappy list.

Cowboys vs Redskins is bigger historically than the Iggles. I'd say Eagles/Giants is bigger than Skins/Giants.

They seemingly limited themselves by only using teams once.

I think Washington has been a clear 3rd on the Giants rivalry list for a solid 20 years at this point. But they’d already used the Cowboys and Eagles on the list.

yeah, that was odd.

just last year somone did this and Giants-iggs was #1 and I think Giants-pokes was on the list.

the article was correct in that the last time I really cared and thought 2x about the redskins games was in the 1980s.

leaving packers-bears at #1 forever is fine by me, its like when Stairway to Heaven is ranked the best R n R song of all time.

its just not worth the argument.

is it Led Zeppelin's best song?? No.

is it the greatest Rock n Roll song of all time?? Yes.

if you can't understand that, I can't help you.,

It’s hard to agree with the list if it limits each time to only one appearance.

I think all of the AFC West, AFC North, AFC East, NFC East, NFC North teams have been rivals with each other for a long time.

The NFC South, AFC South, NFC West the divisions haven’t been with teams a long time to develop all hatred. The Saints-Falcons have hated each other for a long time though they would be a top 10 rivalry it’s just the Bucs and Panthers haven’t been them with for a long time.

May be the best guard in the NFL but man he has bad luck with injuries. In the last two years he has blown out both achilles tendons and had shoulder surgery as well. Huge loss.

1. Bears-Packers
2. Cowboys-Eagles
3. Steelers-Ravens
4. Chiefs-Raiders
5. Giants-Redskins
6. Patriots-Jets
7. Rams-49ers
8. Dolphins-Bills
9. Saints-Falcons
10. Broncos-Chargers.

I get that the Giants and skins had some battles back in the day but no one considers it much of a rivalry anymore I'd put Cowboys-Giants there.

They seemingly limited themselves by only using teams once.

I think Washington has been a clear 3rd on the Giants rivalry list for a solid 20 years at this point. But they’d already used the Cowboys and Eagles on the list.
At least 20 years the nfc east is so heated you could put more than one.

I would not be excited about doing the show this year if I were those teams. Already been an unusual offseason and then dealing with that on top of it.
I wonder if either team would bring in kaepernick to camp to get some ratings.

I wonder if either team would bring in kaepernick to camp to get some ratings.

I could be wrong but I don't think Kaepernick has any interest in playing in the NFL at this point in time. I'd be very surprised if he signed with anybody.

I could be wrong but I don't think Kaepernick has any interest in playing in the NFL at this point in time. I'd be very surprised if he signed with anybody.
He's been working out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom