NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Josh Allen improved a bunch from year 1 to year 2. He’s only 23. Not sure why people rip on him so much. Clearly a top half of the league qb. Guy was a playmaker. He has to figure out the deep ball as it’s clearly the biggest liability, along with holding onto the ball running. But I expect another jump. 17 rushing touchdowns in 2 seasons. He’s a dynamic redzone threat and the bills have weapons to throw to.

I love when PFT Commenter destroys these stupid H0T Takes from Pete Prisco.

Buffalo had unbelievable health last year.

Plus I still don’t trust Josh Allen. Buffalo could win the division but I don’t see the team being better than 11-5 best case scenario.
every bills fan on the planet should sign up for 11-5 and take their chances in january.

fish had a nice run, but please...Fitz and Tua?? you were a Rosen believer i believe, none of those 3 can get them over 7-8 wins.

tua will be lucky to have manziel's career.

Josh Allen improved a bunch from year 1 to year 2. He’s only 23. Not sure why people rip on him so much. Clearly a top half of the league qb. Guy was a playmaker. He has to figure out the deep ball as it’s clearly the biggest liability, along with holding onto the ball running. But I expect another jump. 17 rushing touchdowns in 2 seasons. He’s a dynamic redzone threat and the bills have weapons to throw to.
Allen is fine, its their own inability to talent evaluate and when their ridiculous take is being played out as a complete and utter failure, they attack to make themselves feel better.

just make sure he has an OL, everything else will fall in place.

Allen is fine, its their own inability to talent evaluate and when their ridiculous take is being played out as a complete and utter failure, they attack to make themselves feel better.

just make sure he has an OL, everything else will fall in place.
Josh Allen is a one read QB then looks to run.

He is built like Cam in that he can absorb the contact and has a huge arm.

He needs to learn to be able to beat teams in the pocket first.
His scrambling is a plus now but the more hits you take that slows down and he isn’t Lamar who avoids big hits.

Buffalo was a playoff pick of mine last year because the AFC East played the NFC East and AFC North last year which were bad divisions.

This year the AFC East plays the NFC and AFC West. The schedules are a lot more difficult.
I said best case they go 11-5. They aren’t going to go 11-5 IMO.

Prisco implied the Pats signing Newton will give the Bills an even larger margin for winning the AFcE.

The Dolphins are going to be sneaky good. They have a lot of young talent via the draft, the spent on Bryon Jones, Kyle Van Noy and on the OL.

Their QB play is a question mark but I trust their coach.

I don’t remember what I said on Rosen I was the highest on Baker Mayfield from that draft and he has been underwhelming. I wasn’t as high on Rosen as you think. I was down on Darnold after being talked into it.

Josh Allen is a one read QB then looks to run.

He is built like Cam in that he can absorb the contact and has a huge arm.

He needs to learn to be able to beat teams in the pocket first.
His scrambling is a plus now but the more hits you take that slows down and he isn’t Lamar who avoids big hits.

Buffalo was a playoff pick of mine last year because the AFC East played the NFC East and AFC North last year which were bad divisions.

This year the AFC East plays the NFC and AFC West. The schedules are a lot more difficult.
I said best case they go 11-5. They aren’t going to go 11-5 IMO.

Prisco implied the Pats signing Newton will give the Bills an even larger margin for winning the AFcE.

The Dolphins are going to be sneaky good. They have a lot of young talent via the draft, the spent on Bryon Jones, Kyle Van Noy and on the OL.

Their QB play is a question mark but I trust their coach.

I don’t remember what I said on Rosen I was the highest on Baker Mayfield from that draft and he has been underwhelming. I wasn’t as high on Rosen as you think. I was down on Darnold after being talked into it.
yes, that was a 2 person draft, Baker and Barkley.

i was never high on Baker, he seemed to be a bit of a loose cannon and hes too short for me.

i did not like Darnold at 3 and Allen was a bit of a reach at 7, but thats the nature of QB's.

People say Jones was a reach at 7, so i am out there on that same limb with my friends from WNY.

Rosen, was doomed to be a bust from the get-go.

bad shoulder, no work ethic and hes rich...who got richer.

Cam is going to win a bunch of games for the pats next year, it will take some idiotic franchise to trade their #1 to the pats for them to get Lawrence.

someone will...

Did anyone watch Cam last year?

Guy looked like Chuck Knoblauch trying to throw to 1st base after got the yips. His shoulder is completely shot. If it wasn’t there is a 0% chance that the Panthers let him walk. Zero.

Guy looked like Chuck Knoblauch trying to throw to 1st base after got the yips. His shoulder is completely shot. If it wasn’t there is a 0% chance that the Panthers let him walk. Zero.
I am not high on Cam Newton.
But the Panthers got rid him of him because his contract had 1 year left and they didn’t want to extend him.
Plus they had a regime change who brought in Joe Brady and Newton isn’t a fit for his offense.

Cusefan0307 nailed Cam he is a modern Randall Cunningham. I don’t think he will be close to his 2015 self again. The shoulder will be improved because of the surgery and rest he has gotten.
The Lisfranc injury on his leg is why he won’t be the same player again. Cam can throw the ball. He threw for 4000 yards as a rookie. Your boy Josh Allen in 2 years has thrown for just over 5000 yards.

Cam showed he can throw the ball. Josh Allen to win a SB needs to be able to throw for 4000 yards.

I am not optimistic because of Cam Newton but if I were Buffalo Bills fan who wants to be a contender this year your entire season relies on Josh Allen being a lot better.

I am not high on Cam Newton.
But the Panthers got rid him of him because his contract had 1 year left and they didn’t want to extend him.
Plus they had a regime change who brought in Joe Brady and Newton isn’t a fit for his offense.

Cusefan0307 nailed Cam he is a modern Randall Cunningham. I don’t think he will be close to his 2015 self again. The shoulder will be improved because of the surgery and rest he has gotten.
The Lisfranc injury on his leg is why he won’t be the same player again. Cam can throw the ball. He threw for 4000 yards as a rookie. Your boy Josh Allen in 2 years has thrown for just over 5000 yards.

Cam showed he can throw the ball. Josh Allen to win a SB needs to be able to throw for 4000 yards.

I am not optimistic because of Cam Newton but if I were Buffalo Bills fan who wants to be a contender this year your entire season relies on Josh Allen being a lot better.
Stats are for losers. Somebody said that once I think.

Allen if he just makes 2 more throws a game hits the 4K though.. He missed so many open deep balls its almost like you have to try to miss them. He didnt even need to make good throws to complete them either so many were just wide open misses..

Allen if he just makes 2 more throws a game hits the 4K though.. He missed so many open deep balls its almost like you have to try to miss them. He didnt even need to make good throws to complete them either so many were just wide open misses..
He gets drunk on adrenaline. He was never going to be an out-of-the-box star. It was always going to take some time. Year 3 he will improve some more again.

The trashing of him in this thread is done by scared fans of the Cheaters who have probably only seen 4 or 5 of his games.

He threw for 3089 yards last year.
An average completion for Allen was 11.4 yards last year.

11.4 x 2 is 22.8 yards.

22.8 yards x 16 games is 364.8 yards.

3089 yards + 365 yards= 3454 yards.

3454 yards is less than 4000 yards.

Allen needs to get a lot better. He was a good game manager last year but the Bills against 2019 playoff teams in the regular season went 1-4.
You guys went 11-5 last year as that last game was a win if you tried.

The schedule is a lot more difficult this year. The Patriots went 12-4 last year because their schedule was a joke.
The AFC East had really easy schedules last year. If we got to play the NFC East more then sure it would be a lot easier but having to play a real crossover division this year in the NFC West makes the W/L harder.

Josh Allen needs to take a leap. 4000 yards for a season is 250 yards per game. For the record 11QBs threw for 4K yards last year. That is with Drew Brees hurt as well.

Allen needs to be significantly better for the Bills to be a contender in the AFC.

11.4 x 2 is 22.8 yards.

Allen needs to get a lot better. He was a good game manager last year but the Bills against 2019 playoff teams in the regular season went 1-4.

The schedule is a lot more difficult this year. The Patriots went 12-4 last year because their schedule was a joke.
The AFC East had really easy schedules last year. If we got to play the NFC East more then sure it would be a lot easier but having to play a real crossover division this year in the NFC West makes the W/L harder.

Josh Allen needs to take a leap. 4000 yards for a season is 250 yards per game. For the record 11QBs threw for 4K yards last year. That is with Drew Brees hurt as well.

Allen needs to be significantly better for the Bills to be a contender in the AFC.
No one is saying he’s fine as is. Obviously he needs to get better.

You’re calling him a one read quarterback which is just complete nonsense. You also have used his stats from 2018 against him when the offensive talent in Buffalo that year was bombed out worse than Baghdad in ‘03. The guy is a playmaker and a winner with a bunch of 4th Q comebacks and game winning drives late.

The schedule for the Bills this year is harder, for sure, but with Brady (and his adoring band of groupie refs) gone and BB going with a one armed person at quarterback;;;; home vs. Cheaters and @Cheaters look much less daunting.

yes, that was a 2 person draft, Baker and Barkley.

i was never high on Baker, he seemed to be a bit of a loose cannon and hes too short for me.

i did not like Darnold at 3 and Allen was a bit of a reach at 7, but thats the nature of QB's.

People say Jones was a reach at 7, so i am out there on that same limb with my friends from WNY.

Rosen, was doomed to be a bust from the get-go.

bad shoulder, no work ethic and hes rich...who got richer.

Cam is going to win a bunch of games for the pats next year, it will take some idiotic franchise to trade their #1 to the pats for them to get Lawrence.

someone will...

a two person NFL draft ? That doesn’t happen

By the way - complete joke on the punishment by the NFL on the Cheaters. A 3rd round pick and $1M for 3-peat offenders is just Goodell’s way of saying he doesn’t care about the integrity of the game. The hoodie & the handy have cart blanche to do whatever cheating scheme they can dream up next. No matter how big or small.

The issue was completing on deep balls.. I think those are mostly throws over 11 yds
25 x 2 is 50 yards.

50 yards x 16 games is 800 yards.

3089 yards + 800 yards= 3900 yards.

3900 yards is less than 4000 yards. still true

You can go back to almost every game and see a complete miss on throws of 30-40-50 yds that were wide wide open..

and yes he needs to get better. But thats not a read issue so much. just stop throwing uncatchable balls on routes that wide open.

Yeah Cam has a whole lotta mileage on him. Let's face it, he came cheap for a reason. Definitely on the downside.

11.4 x 2 is 22.8 yards.

If Allen didn't even improve over last year I'd say the Bills would still be a contender.

I picked the Dolphins before the Patriots signed Newton. Plus I wouldn’t say the Bills will win the AFC East by more games because the Patriots signed Cam.

IMO, saying that Dolphins will win the AFCE next season is more of a "hot take" than Prisco saying that the Bills will win the division. And I don't think that Prisco is saying what you think he's saying - I think that he's saying that regardless of the Newton signing, the Bills will still win the AFCE.

Also, where did the random 4000 passing yard metric come from?

The issue was completing on deep balls.. I think those are mostly throws over 11 yds
25 x 2 is 50 yards.

50 yards x 16 games is 800 yards.

3089 yards + 800 yards= 3900 yards.

3900 yards is less than 4000 yards. still true

You can go back to almost every game and see a complete miss on throws of 30-40-50 yds that were wide wide open..

and yes he needs to get better. But thats not a read issue so much. just stop throwing uncatchable balls on routes that wide open.

which you don’t get better at historically

considering there is almost no stats showing that to be true who knows. Its clearly something that happens at the college level. We only have NFL stats going back 10-15 yrs on most of this stuff and little at the level of accuracy on throwing.

Its also a function of the routes you run and who runs them. If guys only get open once in awhile at game speed its much harder to be consistent on those throws. Maybe he never gets better, but its much easier to get better at it when you have a strong arm than when you dont. he isnt making the wrong reads or the late reads he is just normally throwing it too far and that can be footwork and trust as much as anything else.

By the way - complete joke on the punishment by the NFL on the Cheaters. A 3rd round pick and $1M for 3-peat offenders is just Goodell’s way of saying he doesn’t care about the integrity of the game. The hoodie & the handy have cart blanche to do whatever cheating scheme they can dream up next. No matter how big or small.
The only thing Bills fans love more than breaking tables and having unreasonable expectations is crying about the Patriots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom