NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

The blackball narrative is established regardless of what happens, which is why the NFL agreed to the settlement with Kaepernick.
The NFL settled because they have more money than God and they were tired of dealing with him. No one blackballed him he isn't good enough. No one is going to put up with all that drama for a backup QB.

The NFL settled because they have more money than God and they were tired of dealing with him. No one blackballed him he isn't good enough. No one is going to put up with all that drama for a backup QB.
It’s kinda obvious he was blackballed.
Nobody wanted to deal with his drama.
He was good enough to be a backup QB.

Nobody wanted a backup who would bring a lot of unwarranted attention to a locker room and bring politics to a locker room.

The NFL was a afraid of Trump’s base in 2017. They aren’t now publicly even though privately they don’t want to lose their ratings and $$&.

Kaepernick wasn’t good enough to warrant a team wanting the drama around him. If he was a top half of the league QB he would have been signed.
He wasn’t that high a QB he was probably in the low 20s at best to high 40s when he left the league.

He let his GF highjack his career for a cause he believes in.
If he didn’t wear the pig socks and Castro T-shirt he wouldn’t have been as polarized as his message stood for.
Also CK has never debated his thoughts and message he lets his team market him. I don’t think he has ever talked to anybody publicly who isn’t friendly to his message. It’s good PR.

Nobody wanted a backup who would bring a lot of unwarranted attention to a locker room and bring politics to a locker room.

The NFL was a afraid of Trump’s base in 2017. They aren’t now publicly even though privately they don’t want to lose their ratings and $$&.

Kaepernick wasn’t good enough to warrant a team wanting the drama around him. If he was a top half of the league QB he would have been signed.
He wasn’t that high a QB he was probably in the low 20s at best to high 40s when he left the league.

If he didn’t wear the pig socks and Castro T-shirt he wouldn’t have been as polarized as his message stood for.
Also CK has never debated his thoughts and message he lets his team market him. I don’t think he has ever talked to anybody publicly who isn’t friendly to his message. It’s good PR.
It depends on what your definition of blackballing is. It's a privilege to play in the NFL. If your not that good at your job and your extremely controversial and disrespectful that's not a good way to land a job.

It depends on what your definition of blackballing is. It's a privilege to play in the NFL. If your not that good at your job and your extremely controversial and disrespectful that's not a good way to land a job.
Unfortunately, domestic violence is fine.

That wasn't how it happened, but keep on believing the NFL party line.

That's why I asked you to explain your point of view on the situation. You couldn't be bothered.

Most of this is right on the money.

The blackball narrative is established regardless of what happens, which is why the NFL agreed to the settlement with Kaepernick.

You call it blackball, others would call it good business sense. Most fan bases had no interest in seeing CK brought to their team. And most front offices made the calculus that he wasn't good enough to help their roster. Too many people have this notion of CK circa 2012. That guy left the building a long time ago and that should have been rather clear to anybody that watched him play. In his last two years he could never take his eyes off the pass rush and would bolt at the first sign of pressure. As a QB, when that happens you're toast.

If the backup QB is the most popular guy on the team, why give that role to someone who is the most hated guy in the country??

who also is a lousy QB??

if he was any good, he’d been on a team.

like the multpile dog murderer who ran off a certain popular on here, team Ring of Honor QB...

That's why I asked you to explain your point of view on the situation. You couldn't be bothered.
There are 40 articles out there about how the NFL attempted to manipulate the workout to the benefit of the league with no upside for Kaep.

You call it blackball, others would call it good business sense. Most fan bases had no interest in seeing CK brought to their team. And most front offices made the calculus that he wasn't good enough to help their roster. Too many people have this notion of CK circa 2012. That guy left the building a long time ago and that should have been rather clear to anybody that watched him play. In his last two years he could never take his eyes off the pass rush and would bolt at the first sign of pressure. As a QB, when that happens you're toast.
He did have the worst line in the league those last couple years.

Expect the NFL to drop 2 preseason games and just do 1H & 1A this year.

announcement mid July.

Do you have evidence of this?

NFL TV ratings fell off during that period. Pretty much a consensus view that kneeling was bad for business.
Are you implying it wouldn't have been a very controversial hire for most fan bases? Seriously?

Expect the NFL to drop 2 preseason games and just do 1H & 1A this year.

announcement mid July.

Makes sense. They should do that every year. And stop making season ticket holders pay full price for those games.

Makes sense. They should do that every year. And stop making season ticket holders pay full price for those games.
I forgot to add, no fans at them either.

they are waiting for the regular season, dont want to fluck it up in August.

Congrats to Eli on a good career. He won a lot big games against the Patriots.

He isn’t a HOFer but a damn successful QB.
The one thing that makes him HOF...IS your boy.

relish that.

well that and his stats...

No, you stated it like it was a fact so I wanted to know how you know.

Never said it was a fact, just my opinion. Like most comments on this board.

An opinion based on my personal experience watching fan reaction to kneeling at several stadiums where I attended games - Philly, Buffalo, NY, Carolina. You have to understand these fan bases and crowds are often blue collar in nature. Not exactly like crowds attending US Open tennis matches. That, coupled with the sharp drop in NFL tv ratings during that period, lead me to believe that signing CK wouldn't have went over well with a lot of NFL fans. You have a different opinion?

Never said it was a fact, just my opinion. Like most comments on this board.

An opinion based on my personal experience watching fan reaction to kneeling at several stadiums where I attended games - Philly, Buffalo, NY, Carolina. You have to understand these fan bases and crowds are often blue collar in nature. Not exactly like crowds attending US Open tennis matches. That, coupled with the sharp drop in NFL tv ratings during that period, lead me to believe that signing CK wouldn't have went over well with a lot of NFL fans. You have a different opinion?
I think people would have gotten over it. Many of the minorities who watch the NFL would have appreciated it as would I.

NFL teams are cowards. They let the president and his rubes dictate their behavior. I’m glad Branch Rickey didn’t let fear of controversy stop him.

I think people would have gotten over it. Many of the minorities who watch the NFL would have appreciated it as would I.

NFL teams are cowards. They let the president and his rubes dictate their behavior. I’m glad Branch Rickey didn’t let fear of controversy stop him.
No.

protest all the Fluck you want, the Flag is why you can.

If you don’t like the Flag, go to that 10 block area in Seattle if it’s still there, kap can QB their team too.

You may be right about fans getting over it. But I think you leave two additional reasons out as to why he hasn't been signed. He's not that good and he's not that interested in playing. So as an NFL team why bother?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom