NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Eli was never close to the top of the league at QB.

He wasn’t.
His best year was 2008 27TDs 14 INTs 4K yards and 12-4 record.

Career record 117-117.

Phil Simms was 95-64 as the starting QB.
Simms played in a tougher era. In a tougher division and tougher conference than Eli.

1980’s-early 1990’s NFC East was the cream of crop division and Simms won games.

Eli played in a weaker NFC East.

Eli’s best attribute was game availablility. He never got hurt.
Simms got hurt often and even missed a season.

Eli compiled stats.
Eli won the 2 SBs he was clutch but the defense was why they won.
New England 2007 offense was one of the best all time and it only scored 14 points.

Second SB Patriots were a product of a chitty AFC so I give Eli the Giants didn’t really upset them they were as good.
If Eli Manning is a HOFer it’s because he didn’t get hurt and compiled stats.
117-117 is a .500 record.
That doesn’t scream cream of the crop QB in an era QBs control how good you are.
the thing is, you dont realize how shlitty the Giants defense was those years.

07 was good, 11 was horrible.

'11 Eli shouldve been league MVP.

they dont hand out SuperBowl MVP trophies for a couple of 1st half sacks either.

Murray crapped the bed with that intentional grounding ... totally changed the game and lead right to the safety

then on that last drive with plenty of time and a TO .. he tries for the end zone instead of getting a first down ..

But against the bills .. of course ... no such problems for him

Not sure what they were thinking on that last set of plays either.. its not like he did anything in the bills game. they didnt really move down the field, just hope and a prayer saved the day..

Eli was never close to the top of the league at QB.

He wasn’t.
His best year was 2008 27TDs 14 INTs 4K yards and 12-4 record.

Career record 117-117.

Phil Simms was 95-64 as the starting QB.
Simms played in a tougher era. In a tougher division and tougher conference than Eli.

1980’s-early 1990’s NFC East was the cream of crop division and Simms won games.

Eli played in a weaker NFC East.

Eli’s best attribute was game availablility. He never got hurt.
Simms got hurt often and even missed a season.

Eli compiled stats.
Eli won the 2 SBs he was clutch but the defense was why they won.
New England 2007 offense was one of the best all time and it only scored 14 points.

Second SB Patriots were a product of a chitty AFC so I give Eli the Giants didn’t really upset them they were as good.
If Eli Manning is a HOFer it’s because he didn’t get hurt and compiled stats.
117-117 is a .500 record.
That doesn’t scream cream of the crop QB in an era QBs control how good you are.
His best year was 2011. No defense(until the playoffs)or running game. Eli carried that team on his back all season.

Not sure what they were thinking on that last set of plays either.. its not like he did anything in the bills game. they didnt really move down the field, just hope and a prayer saved the day..

Here is the sequence of plays .. mind you they had one time out and Seattle D was getting shredded with shorter quick plays

1st & 10 at SEA 27
(0:54 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete short right to C.Kirk.
2nd & 10 at SEA 27
(0:50 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete deep middle to L.Fitzgerald (Q.Diggs).
(0:45 - 4th) Timeout #2 by ARZ at 00:45.
(0:45 - 4th) Timeout #1 by SEA at 00:45.
3rd & 10 at SEA 27
(0:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete deep right to A.Isabella (D.Reed) [J.Reed].
4th & 10 at SEA 27
(0:38 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray sacked at SEA 33 for -6 yards (C.Dunlap).

Note they had to blow a timeout with the clock stopped after an incomplete pass because of poor play clock management

The pass to Fitz was very risky and should have been picked ... pretty poor judgement on 2nd down ...

The throw to Isabella ... an all or nothing throw with safety help

They could have easily just worked the middle again at least for one more first down

He also had a couple plays where he slid too early and cost them first downs by less than a yard .. I don’t think he has a good feel for these kinds of things .. and a feel for these kinds of things are generally something you got or you don’t .. you don’t often develop it

I think he’s more physically talented than Wilson , but he’ll never have Wilson’s court savvy

Last edited:
Here is the sequence of plays .. mind you they had one time out and Seattle D was getting shredded with shorter quick plays

1st & 10 at SEA 27
(0:54 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete short right to C.Kirk.
2nd & 10 at SEA 27
(0:50 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete deep middle to L.Fitzgerald (Q.Diggs).
3rd & 10 at SEA 27
(0:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray pass incomplete deep right to A.Isabella (D.Reed) [J.Reed].
4th & 10 at SEA 27

Note they had to blow a timeout with the clock stopped after an incomplete pass because of poor play clock management

The pass to Fitz was very risky and should have been picked ... pretty poor judgement on 2nd down ...

They could have easily just worked the middle again at least for one more first down

He also had a couple plays where he slid too early and cost them first downs by less than a yard .. I don’t think he has a good feel for these kinds of things .. and a feel for these kinds of things are generally something you got or you don’t .. you don’t often develop it

I think he’s more physically talented than Wilson , but he’ll never have Wilson’s court savvy
They struggled executing at the end of the Bills game too. I am not on the train of the QB or HC in AZ.

1st & 10 at SEA 27
2nd & 10 at SEA 27
3rd & 10 at SEA 27
4th & 10 at SEA 27

Isabella was wide open on the 3rd down play but Murray was getting smacked by Jarren Reed and couldn't get it there before the window closed. Sure wish that Addison could have made the play that Dunlap did to close it out.

They struggled executing at the end of the Bills game too. I am not on the train of the QB or HC in AZ.
Lol. Probably should be. They were the worst team in the league and horrific to watch 2 years ago and are now a playoff level team and pretty exciting on a weekly basis.

the whole offense is mostly hoping plays break down and Murray can get yards off of that.

It’s not a sustainable system.. as teams see more of him , he’s going to go the way of Kaepernick and Lamar Jackson

and last night be made some bad decisions with the ball in the running game.

1st & 10 at SEA 27
2nd & 10 at SEA 27
3rd & 10 at SEA 27
4th & 10 at SEA 27

AZ also burned a TO a little earlier on a challenge that was never going to be overturned.

AZ also burned a TO a little earlier on a challenge that was never going to be overturned.

That was actually not a bad move .. because they were doing to call a TO regardless there to prevent Seattle from running the clock down to 2:00... so it was basically a way to get a free challenge with your TO

the whole offense is mostly hoping plays break down and Murray can get yards off of that.

I love watching Kyler because it's entertaining, but he misses guys that are wide open and when he scrambles and makes his WRs come back to him in space... he's going to get one of them injured with the hits they take - they are scarecrows out there waiting for the ball.

I love watching Kyler because it's entertaining, but he misses guys that are wide open and when he scrambles and makes his WRs come back to him in space... he's going to get one of them injured with the hits they take - they are scarecrows out there waiting for the ball.
He is only in year two, still plenty of time to get better and mature. He is the reason why they are 6 and 4 right now.

He is only in year two, still plenty of time to get better and mature. He is the reason why they are 6 and 4 right now.

Oh, listen, I appreciate what he does. Like I said, it's entertaining. And he's def an MVP candidate. But he bails a little early (to your point, he can get better) and he puts some of his guys in harm's way. That's all I'm saying.

Sean Payton is trying to kill fantasy football.

I picked up Hill in my league and I can start him at WR.

Now I am starting 2 QBs this week.
I am going against Hill. On espn , he’s qb and TE eligible. Didn’t think to pick him him up, just assumed Winston would start. I gotta figure out what to do with Calvin Ridley if he is active (probably have to start him ).

Same team, same coach started a black QB for 5 games last season over Hill.

Must be Payton just became racist in 2020.

Not an The Onion type article ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom