NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 252 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Cleveland better throw.
If they go stallball they could turn it over.

Cleveland won’t be able to slow Kansas City, but I’m not sure KC can slow Cleveland either.

Might be the end of Pittsburgh for a while. Baltimore and Cleveland are young and Pittsburgh has a lot of FA’s and Big Bens 41 million dollar cap hit.

Ben has a cap hit of 41 million next year.
They can either bring him back and let that contract expire with him playing another year or spread out the cap hit for years down the line with an extension.

They can either bring him back and let that contract expire with him playing another year or spread out the cap hit for years down the line with an extension.
Tough situation. To me, when I saw him sitting on the bench by himself after the game, my first thought was that was the last time we would see Ben in a Steelers uniform, but I get that $$ talks. He looked like he was done to me since the second half of the year. I may not be 100 percent objective right now, still disappointed about the loss. Hit me this morning on the ride into work.

Think they are too smart and well run to go the extension route.

Tough situation. To me, when I saw him sitting on the bench by himself after the game, my first thought was that was the last time we would see Ben in a Steelers uniform, but I get that $$ talks. He looked like he was done to me since the second half of the year. I may not be 100 percent objective right now, still disappointed about the loss. Hit me this morning on the ride into work.
I actually think you bring him back.
If Ben retires without the Steelers blessing the Steelers have a 22.5 cap hit but can get back an additional 12.5 million in cap space if they make him pay back his signing bonus.
If they get him to retire they have a dead money hit of 22.5 million for 2 years.

If he plays next year it’s a 41 million dollar cap that would expire.

Or they could renegotiate and spread the dead money over years.

The Patriots and Saints have kicked their QB money down the pipe.
The Patriots had a 20 million dollar dead money cap hit this season from previous Brady extensions. That hurt them this season but it’s gone now.
The Saints will get a similar one with Brees next year.

Pittsburgh is ripe for a blow up. A lot of issues on that team. They should be trying to find a way to move on from Ben this offseason, but really, they should be moving on from a lot of guys.

I wonder if the success the Browns and Ravens have had coming off covid will lead coaches to re-evaluate how to get ready for games. Maybe meetings, game planning, and walk throughs are more important than going hard during the week as it keeps the team physically fresh. Just focus on conditioning during the week.

I wonder if the success the Browns and Ravens have had coming off covid will lead coaches to re-evaluate how to get ready for games. Maybe meetings, game planning, and walk throughs are more important than going hard during the week as it keeps the team physically fresh. Just focus on conditioning during the week.
I mean practice at this point of the season is useless. As long as they know what is being installed for the following week and can get some running in that is all you need.

Watching the Patriots playoff run specials.
Belichick is all about meetings and showing what the opponent does.
Practice for the offense is just really about installing the new red zone plays each week.
Practice for the defense is really just having the scout team QB show what the opponent does.

It’s the film study that matters most in pro football since the talent isn’t exactly leaps and bounds better between teams.
For Cleveland it didn’t really affect them that much because they played Pittsburgh the previous week so they knew everything about the team.

Doug Pederson fired.

Wouldn’t mind him with Jets.

Eric Bienemy to Philly makes sense as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom