NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 255 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

he looks like Peyton Manning as an athlete. Look at the championship game.. threw for like 500 yds and maybe 3-4 throws were actually to people who had any coverage.

Doesn't look like he has much respect in the locker room for guys to send out the dirty laundry like that
I take all this with a grain of salt. You don’t know who this is coming from, and you also don’t know an organizations true intentions heading up to the draft. While this is discouraging, I didn’t expect Tua to be a phin much longer for one reason or another anyways.

yes yes I know, giving up on a first round qb so soon

He isn't even close to fat, I have seen videos of him the past week, he is really thin.

HA!! I was shocked when I saw the picture of him in the locker room. Wicked Dad bod, was funny actually. Doesn't mean he can't play but still

I take all this with a grain of salt. You don’t know who this is coming from, and you also don’t know an organizations true intentions heading up to the draft. While this is discouraging, I didn’t expect Tua to be a phin much longer for one reason or another anyways.

yes yes I know, giving up on a first round qb so soon

Yeah I agree. I would think they would give him at least another year. My god I would worry about him staying healthy more than anything.

HA!! I was shocked when I saw the picture of him in the locker room. Wicked Dad bod, was funny actually. Doesn't mean he can't play but still
I saw a video of him last year, he looked like a stick figure, he might have gained some Covid weight like everyone else did, it also looks like he has some big rib pads as well, I certainly would not worry about his weight.

I think he's generally viewed as a 1st rounder for now. Never know once we get into the draft process but seems like pretty much every draft analyst believes he'll be a first round pick.

The first three mock drafts I looked at did not have him in the first round. I know those things can be useless but I would be very surprised if he went first round. One reason is that when you get down near the bottom of the first round those teams are generally not looking for QBs. KC, Buffalo, Cleve, Balt, GB et al are highly unlikely to draft a QB this year. Maybe the first half of the second round but imo that seems too early to me. That said, it appears this draft is nowhere near as deep as last year's draft.

Jones is ranked 30th in PFF's draft rankings which is 5th overall for QB's.

Read the article I just linked which shows really broke down Mac’s passing stats. He throws at the LOS a lot, he has the most YAC yards by the top QB prospects, he doesn’t throw into tight windows.
It’s all from the Bama scheme and talent.
It shows Tua’s stats as well and how similar they are to Mac.

The kid has some upside I just wouldn’t take him until the 3rd round.

I saw a video of him last year, he looked like a stick figure, he might have gained some Covid weight like everyone else did, it also looks like he has some big rib pads as well, I certainly would not worry about his weight.

Did you not see the tweet I posted earlier? He may not be "fat" but I wouldn't call him anything close to a stick figure either. At the very least, he does not have one iota of definition.

Read the article I just linked which shows really broke down Mac’s passing stats. He throws at the LOS a lot, he has the most YAC yards by the top QB prospects, he doesn’t throw into tight windows.
It’s all from the Bama scheme and talent.
It shows Tua’s stats as well and how similar they are to Mac.

The kid has some upside I just wouldn’t take him until the 3rd round.

Yeah PFF had an article a month or so ago comparing the tight window throws of all the draft prospects recently and he was last on that last of the top 5 guys. The thing is Lawrence didn't have that many more either. Fields and Wilson lead in that regard.

Why would any of the teams drafting down at the bottom of the 1st round take Jones? None of them are likely to be drafting a QB. I think folks are a little punch drunk on just witnessing Jones leading his team to the natty. Cooler heads will prevail.

Why would any of the teams drafting down at the bottom of the 1st round take Jones? None of them are likely to be drafting a QB. I think folks are a little punch drunk on just witnessing Jones leading his team to the natty. Cooler heads will prevail.

If Loomis and Payton take him my head will explode. That’s my concern here.

The first three mock drafts I looked at did not have him in the first round. I know those things can be useless but I would be very surprised if he went first round. One reason is that when you get down near the bottom of the first round those teams are generally not looking for QBs. KC, Buffalo, Cleve, Balt, GB et al are highly unlikely to draft a QB this year. Maybe the first half of the second round but imo that seems too early to me. That said, it appears this draft is nowhere near as deep as last year's draft.
Whose mocks are you looking at just out of curiosity? McShay, Kiper, and Matt Miller all have him in the first round. I think the latter two expect him to be a top 15 pick.

Edit: to be clear I’m not saying he should be a first rounder and I don’t know that he will be ultimately. But it does seem like the general consensus right now is that he’s a first rounder.

Did you not see the tweet I posted earlier? He may not be "fat" but I wouldn't call him anything close to a stick figure either. At the very least, he does not have one iota of definition.
Tom Brady once had the worst body ever seen in the combine, just saying.

If Loomis and Payton take him my head will explode. That’s my concern here.
I was reading the Saints think they can get Jameis to sign a cheap one year deal see what you got contract and give him the job while having next year be their Patriots this season with Tom Brady 25 Million dead cap hit season.

Jameis either does well and keeps the franchise rolling or they bottom out and can get a 2022 QB.

Also Dak if he doesn’t get franchised I could see a team like the Saints being all over him.
Will Jerry guarantee Dak 38 million on a second franchise tag.
His salary of 31 million will be 120% on a franchise tag.

I was reading the Saints think they can get Jameis to sign a cheap one year deal see what you got contract and give him the job while having next year be their Patriots this season with Tom Brady 25 Million dead cap hit season.

Jameis either does well and keeps the franchise rolling or they bottom out and can get a 2022 QB.

Also Dak if he doesn’t get franchised I could see a team like the Saints being all over him.
Will Jerry guarantee Dak 38 million on a second franchise tag.
His salary of 31 million will be 120% on a franchise tag.

Meh. I was really hoping Cleveland would get sick of Baker because I know Payton loved him, but that ship has sailed.

The Saints are in salary cap hell next year so I expect they just throw Hill out there and hope for the best.

Tom Brady once had the worst body ever seen in the combine, just saying.

I'm not saying he can't be good because of his body type, just that it's definitely not the padding that makes him look a little overweight.

I did say this at the draft.
I get plenty wrong but I am not worried about this one.

Tua is a project.

The Fins if they have Wilson or Fields as a better prospect should draft them.
you could likely fill a book with my anti-Tua posts.

Whose mocks are you looking at just out of curiosity? McShay, Kiper, and Matt Miller all have him in the first round. I think the latter two expect him to be a top 15 pick.

Edit: to be clear I’m not saying he should be a first rounder and I don’t know that he will be ultimately. But it does seem like the general consensus right now is that he’s a first rounder.

Understood.
I just googled mock draft and quickly went through three of them. Of course none of these guys are fool proof. QB is tricky because there are just some teams that have zero interest in a QB early in the draft. Clearly there are at least four QBs that will be taken ahead of Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom