NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 256 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Jaguars officially hire Urban Meyer.

This will be interesting. What happened to the headaches, etc? Did he sign another contract with his family? the drama with this guy. The talent gap won't be at huge margin anymore and will be interesting to see what he can do. At least he won't have to recruit etc

Jones I think has a pretty good pre-snap mind. he wont escape much, he may slide around the pocket but who knows with Bamas Oline.. He hits open targets pretty well in stride.. After that he is a flyer. But as someone said above Lawrence has many of the same traits. he usually has wide open guys.. Until this yr he had elite guys who won 1-1 balls all the time. the few games he actually had pressure and tight throws he was just above AVG QB.. he has great size and is tough, but its hard to know if he can take that next step..

This will be interesting. What happened to the headaches, etc? Did he sign another contract with his family? the drama with this guy. The talent gap won't be at huge margin anymore and will be interesting to see what he can do. At least he won't have to recruit etc
He got de facto fired from Ohio State because of Zach Smith.

They just let him finish that last season and not be disgraced.

Plus Jacksonville probably overpaid him.

Why would any of the teams drafting down at the bottom of the 1st round take Jones? None of them are likely to be drafting a QB. I think folks are a little punch drunk on just witnessing Jones leading his team to the natty. Cooler heads will prevail.
This happens every year. Same thing was going on last year where mockers had teams like the Steelers taking Jacob Eason at the end of the 1st to groom behind Ben then he actually goes in the 4th. It's basically how it worked when Nassib got drafted too. For whatever reason the mock draft guys always put these guys in there late rd 1 and then they fall a long way. The teams drafting back there are competing for playoff spots and need to plug holes they have because they are good and are losing players to FA. They can't waste a prime pick where they gain 4 cheap years of control over what should be a quality starter.

I had forgotten about that whole Zach Smith fiasco. That is interesting the headaches have gone away. I'll be interested to see how long he lasts in Jax.

Khan is loaded, it doesn't really matter.

I had forgotten about that whole Zach Smith fiasco. That is interesting the headaches have gone away. I'll be interested to see how long he lasts in Jax.
Probably as long as he's winning. The NFL has to be so much less stressful. No recruiting and then babysitting 85 18-22 year olds hoping that they aren't getting arrested.

Eagles going to interview Kellen Moore for HC job. Not sure why this guy is some sort of hot commodity.

Oh man please hire him. Then our sabotage of the NFC East will almost be complete. JG to the NYG last year and Kellen to the Iggles this year.

To bad we cannot get Washington to higher Nolan, lol

Eagles going to interview Kellen Moore for HC job. Not sure why this guy is some sort of hot commodity.

Iggs could be trading one goofy (albeit SB winning) offensive mind who inexplicably goes away from what works for another.

I give Moore high marks for his work with Prescott. But he has a penchant for calling gadget plays that run parallel to the LOS in the red zone. Not full Scott Linehan but in the same vein.

I'd really like to see how good a game caller he is when he's not forced to abandon the run because his defense gave up ~24 points in the first 4-5 drives.

Jones I think has a pretty good pre-snap mind. he wont escape much, he may slide around the pocket but who knows with Bamas Oline.. He hits open targets pretty well in stride.. After that he is a flyer. But as someone said above Lawrence has many of the same traits. he usually has wide open guys.. Until this yr he had elite guys who won 1-1 balls all the time. the few games he actually had pressure and tight throws he was just above AVG QB.. he has great size and is tough, but its hard to know if he can take that next step..

Fair points but I would add that Lawrence is a much better athlete than Jones.

Oh man please hire him. Then our sabotage of the NFC East will almost be complete. JG to the NYG last year and Kellen to the Iggles this year.

To bad we cannot get Washington to higher Nolan, lol
that is hysterical.

a fan from a useless has been franchise from the 70s, resurrected in the 90s for 5 years...then tossed to the side like a styrofoam BigMac container, is actually trying to make a point!!

you have mccarthy as coach!!!

whos next??? gase???!!!

please, the pokes are country wide joke.

that is hysterical.

a fan from a useless has been franchise from the 70s, resurrected in the 90s for 5 years...then tossed to the side like a styrofoam BigMac container, is actually trying to make a point!!

whos next??? gase???!!!

Gmen haven't won the nfc east in 10 years.

I give Moore high marks for his work with Prescott. But he has a penchant for calling gadget plays that run parallel to the LOS in the red zone. Not full Scott Linehan but in the same vein.

A Boise State guy with a penchant for running gadget plays?

The hell you say!

Fair points but I would add that Lawrence is a much better athlete than Jones.

I'd also say Lawrence is just a flat out better passer too (though Mac seems pretty good in his own right) and has proven it over a far larger sample size than Mac.

pokes have won 4...thats 4, Wild Card...thats Wild Card...games in 25 years.

the jets have had more success.

goodbye.
They also have the 2nd most playoff wins and the 2nd most sbs in the nfl.

that is hysterical.

whos next??? gase???!!!

Joe Judge better go .500 next year if he wants to match Ray Handley's success.

That would also tie him with McAdoo/Spags.

Pretty confident he'll win more than 3 to surpass Shurmur.

(It's been a rough 4 years for you, I get it.)

They also have the 2nd most playoff wins and the 2nd most sbs in the nfl.

Unfortunately a substantial portion of their fan base was not able to watch any of those games. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom