NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 277 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I heard the Eagles really wanted Lamb and were thrown off when the Cowboys picked him.
I think the Eagles fully expected the Raiders to pick Lamb. But no one drafts more inexplicably than Grudog, who went w/Henry Ruggs. I think they wanted to trade up above Dallas when he fell, but they couldn't pull it off.

I heard the Eagles really wanted Lamb and were thrown off when the Cowboys picked him.

True though they should have known he was never going to be around when they had their pick. Right now not drafting Jefferson looks like a huge miss. And the fact that he was a consensus pick makes it that much worse.

Well, depending on whose evaluation you look at, (I've always looked at Fro Football Focus), Reagor was rated higher than Jefferson. Of course, PFF loved Arcienega Whiteside. So maybe I need to place more value on other analysis. I think that, in general, Lurie has picked good head coaches. I was even psyched about the Chip Kelly hire, which, although it was terrible, seemed like an exciting out-of-the box hire.

My issue remains Roseman, particularly his draft record. He's been good at filling out his rosters and keeping control over the cap (although this year will be tough. But he's missed on too many picks, especially their top ones.

Hey, Lurie brought us a Super Bowl. I'm willing to cut him more slack than I am for Howie.

I agree with all of that. One thing on Jefferson - nearly every mock draft had him going to the Birds at the latest. It was a shocker when they passed on him. The word was they thought he could only play slot receiver.

I agree with all of that. One thing on Jefferson - nearly every mock draft had him going to the Birds at the latest. It was a shocker when they passed on him. The word was they thought he could only play slot receiver.

I think you're right. Pretty bad evaluation, as it turned out. I still kinda like Reagor, though.

This Birds HC hire has the feels of the outside-the-box hire a'la the '99 hire of a TE turned QB Coach (Andy Reid). That worked out pretty well. Fingers crossed this one will too. Besides his X and Os, word is he can coach hard and be the bad cop when needed (like Reich & DeFilippo). So maybe he won't just be a puppet and will coach Wentz hard, something Pedersen & Press Taylor didn't do the last couple years.

If Houston doesn’t hire a minority HC. Then the NFL really needs to do more to incentivize it.

Give the comp picks to the teams that hire minority coaches the following year’s draft.

It’s ridiculous these guys getting chances.

PTI led off the show with the Eagles hire. Wilbon was pretty outspoken and frustrated for similar reasons as you.

PTI led off the show with the Eagles hire. Wilbon was pretty outspoken and frustrated for similar reasons as you.
It’s not the Eagles I am upset at.
They wanted a puppet.
The other teams with vacancies is where I am more calling out.

Anthony Lynn got fired and no African American candidates have been hired this cycle.

I'm just not sure about Bieniemy at this point. Andy Reid talks glowing about him and how a great a HC he will be. That should be good enough at this point. There have been reports that EB hasn't interviewed well. Is it his history as a player and younger coach? Is it that KC has made deep runs and nobody wants to wait? Texans wouldn't have even interviewed him had Watson not called them on it.

I'm curious how Duce takes the latest hire. Will he stay or will he ask to move on? Many players were outspoken about wanting him to get the job. He would not be a yes man that is for sure. I think the Eagles gave him the extra title as assistant coach before to make him "happy."

It’s not the Eagles I am upset at.
They wanted a puppet.
The other teams with vacancies is where I am more calling out.

Anthony Lynn got fired and no African American candidates have been hired this cycle.
I mean who are you upset at? The Lions they hired Wayne Fontes and Jim Caldwell in the past. The Jets? They just hired the first Muslim coach and hired Todd Bowles two hires ago.

If Campbell has success, it will be because he’s a “leader of men” and CEO type of coach. He’s definitely going to have to hire X and O experts on both sides of the ball.

If Campbell has success, it will be because he’s a “leader of men” and CEO type of coach. He’s definitely going to have to hire x and I’d experts on both sides of the ball.
He is hiring Aaron Glenn as DC and Ike Hillard as OC.
Both first time coordinators.

Campbell has to be an upgrade over Patricia. Lousy coach who thought he was a great coach.

He is hiring Aaron Glenn as DC and Ike Hillard as OC.
Both first time coordinators.

Glenn has been rumored for HC openings without being a coordinator. Surprised he took that job.

Campbell has to be an upgrade over Patricia. Lousy coach who thought he was a great coach.

Sean Payton has to have one of his guys get a job eventually. I just thought it would be Allen, Carmichael or Lombardi.

Glenn has been rumored for HC openings without being a coordinator. Surprised he took that job.
I used to play bball with him when I was a student at Hofstra and he was with the Jets. Nice guy and good bball player.

He wasn’t going to get Dennis Allen’s job so getting a coordinator job gets him closer to a HC job.

He has one or two good years as DC he will get a HC job.

If Campbell has success, it will be because he’s a “leader of men” and CEO type of coach. He’s definitely going to have to hire X and O experts on both sides of the ball.
He will definitely need coordinators who have IQs north of 60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom