NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 318 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Remember when the consensus was that the AFC was so much better than the NFC? Of its four playoff games, last night was TB's easiest game by far.

Remember when the consensus was that the AFC was so much better than the NFC? Of its four playoff games, last night was TB's easiest game by far.
Counter Tampa played 3 NFC teams on the road and played the SB at home against a team they adjusted to their speed from the first matchup and had big time OL issues.

Saints game was tough for the Bucs but they handled the Packers and WFT team. If not for Brady throwing a couple INTs in the 2nd half they win the Packers game by multiple scores.

Saints game was tough for the Bucs but they handled the Packers and WFT team. If not for Brady throwing a couple INTs they win the Packers game by multiple scores.
Saints were the worst matchup for the Bucs.
Because Lattimore owns Evans and the Saints DL did really well against TB OL.

Saints beat themselves with turnovers. That was the game to beat TB.

Pats can tell you the only way to beat Brady is for your pass rush to get press and preferably pressure up the middle with 4 DL and then flood the slot on each side and play man to man on the other WRs.
Last night Brady got excellent protection and a running game so he could play action.

The GB game Brady had one bad INT, another where the WR should have caught and deflected right to a GB and then one the WR gave up on a route.
The NO game the Saints defensive plan was perfect and likely wins if they don’t turn it over.

Counter Tampa played 3 NFC teams on the road and played the SB at home against a team they adjusted to their speed from the first matchup and had big time OL issues.
I get the OL issues. Playing on the road this season was just not that big of a deal. Even yesterday the stadium was not even 30% filled and was certainly not overwhelmingly filled by Bucs fans. The differentials between the two conferences was probably overstated.

Pats can tell you the only way to beat Brady is for your pass rush to get press and preferably pressure up the middle with 4 DL and then flood the slot on each side and play man to man on the other WRs.
Last night Brady got excellent protection and a running game so he could play action.

The GB game Brady had one bad INT, another where the WR should have caught and deflected right to a GB and then one the WR gave up on a route.
The NO game the Saints defensive plan was perfect and likely wins if they don’t turn it over.

And on the flip side the Saints OL is great and they can run the ball. But Brees arm just fell off toward the end of the season and the turnovers cost them like you said.

I actually think the Bucs are one of the best teams of the past 25 years. Lots of talent at every position on both sides of the ball not seen since those mid 90’s Cowboy teams. No real weakness at any position.

I actually think the Bucs are one of the best teams of the past 25 years. Lots of talent at every position on both sides of the ball not seen since those mid 90’s Cowboy teams. No real weakness at any position.
Antonio Brown was their 3rd WR.
They had Scotty Miller at 4th.
Tyler Johnson 5th WR.

That is nuts.

They actually lost OJ Howard at TE and still had Brate and Gronk at TE.

All they were missing is a pass catching RB as Fournette and Jones dropped a lot of passes.

Their defense was loaded at all 3 levels.

Antonio Brown was their 3rd WR.
They had Scotty Miller at 4th.
Tyler Johnson 5th WR.

That is nuts.

They actually lost OJ Howard at TE and still had Brate and Gronk at TE.

All they were missing is a pass catching RB as Fournette and Jones dropped a lot of passes.

Their defense was loaded at all 3 levels.

Yep. And besides Fournette and maybe Suh (and maybe one of the TEs if they need to save some money), they're probably expected to have all their guys back again next year. With no real needs on the roster, they could theoretically take a stab early in the draft on a QB to develop behind Brady if they want to too. DT or more OLine depth is probably the way to go for them, but if they think there's a QB worth taking in the first couple rounds, they're really well-positioned to be able to afford to spend a pick on that.

Yep. And besides Fournette and maybe Suh (and maybe one of the TEs if they need to save some money), they're probably expected to have all their guys back again next year. With no real needs on the roster, they could theoretically take a stab early in the draft on a QB to develop behind Brady if they want to too. DT or more OLine depth is probably the way to go for them, but if they think there's a QB worth taking in the first couple rounds, they're really well-positioned to be able to afford to spend a pick on that.
AB won’t be back cheap.
Godwin unless he is franchised will get overpaid so they will likely lose some weapons.

The team is deep and should be the favorite in the NFC

I think we need to wait and see how the QB musical chairs plays out before we know how much Carolina might improve this offseason. If they ultimately end up with Watson that team could be a lot better.

But yeah, the Bucs should be able to pretty much bring the whole band back together for another year and they have a lot of young guys that could theoretically be better next season. They should absolutely be the favorites provided Brady doesn't fall off the proverbial cliff.

Yeah I would love to see Watson go to Carolina. That offense would be insane but I don't know how far away they are on defense to being contenders

AB won’t be back cheap.
Godwin unless he is franchised will get overpaid so they will likely lose some weapons.

Godwin will 100% be back. He's either getting franchised or signing a long-term extension. Brown is a potential departure. Just no idea what his market might look like, especially with how little cap space teams have. I don't think it can be written off that he'll return to Tampa on the cheap but we'll see. At any rate, he's a guy they can afford to lose.

Will Suh retire? He’s getting up there.

Also I think Miller and Johnson are fine 3 and 4 receivers. They would start on some teams.

I get what you’re saying. I suppose Buffalo and Cleveland are close. Buffalo needs to fix their pass rush or they aren’t beating good QB’s. Cleveland needs to fix the back end of their defense.

I assume Andy Reid’s teams are good for at least 11 wins no matter what though.
I think the Browns secondary will likely fit itself. They got 0 games from Greedy Williams and Grant Delpit this year. Should be 2 pretty big upgrades.

AB won’t be back cheap.

Where is AB going? Is there some market for him outside of Tampa that didn't exist 4 months ago? I don't know if he proved that he's capable of not being a garbage human yet when he had to actually live with Brady to not cause issues.

Where is AB going? Is there some market for him outside of Tampa that didn't exist 4 months ago? I don't know if he proved that he's capable of not being a garbage human yet when he had to actually live with Brady to not cause issues.
Seattle, Baltimore, Miami, Washington all could be in the market for him.
AB wasn’t signed because nobody knew his situation.
He will get a decent contract like 4-5 million for another team versus the minimum with incentives he played for this year.

Godwin will 100% be back. He's either getting franchised or signing a long-term extension. Brown is a potential departure. Just no idea what his market might look like, especially with how little cap space teams have. I don't think it can be written off that he'll return to Tampa on the cheap but we'll see. At any rate, he's a guy they can afford to lose.
I think Godwin will want market rate.
Which means paying both Evans and Godwin that amount.
If Godwin doesn’t take a team friendly deal he will get franchised. If I am Godwin I want to be franchised unless they give me a market deal.
Juju, Godwin and Robinson all on the market at the same time would be tough.

I think Godwin will want market rate.
Which means paying both Evans and Godwin that amount.
If Godwin doesn’t take a team friendly deal he will get franchised. If I am Godwin I want to be franchised unless they give me a market deal.
Juju, Godwin and Robinson all on the market at the same time would be tough.
Tampa can afford to pay him market rate while also keeping all the other important guys. They're in a really good spot cap-wise.

Seattle, Baltimore, Miami, Washington all could be in the market for him.
AB wasn’t signed because nobody knew his situation.
He will get a decent contract like 4-5 million for another team versus the minimum with incentives he played for this year.
He wasn't signed because he's a garbage human. Arians only gave in to Brady because Brady promised to let him live with him so that it was nearly impossible for him to do something stupid. I could see maybe Baltimore taking a shot but he makes no sense on most teams. Not worth taking a chance on a 33 year old with a history of being a garbage person and still has pending legal issues. Can't possibly be serious with Miami, that is 100% the worst possible situation both culture wise and geographically. I'd only put the Steelers and Raiders are a worse spot.

Didn't realize that Goff has fumbled 29 times in the last 3 seasons. So add that to 41 picks and that's entering Jameis territory. Stafford with 26 picks and 13 fumbles over the same time period. Those are total fumbles and not lost but that's probably not insignificant in their thinking.
alsacs tells me that those guys were better than Eli.

SMH...

Tampa can afford to pay him market rate while also keeping all the other important guys. They're in a really good spot cap-wise.
Mike Evans also apparently told the team he'll take a paycut if it's needed to get the other guys re-signed.

Mike Evans also apparently told the team he'll take a paycut if it's needed to get the other guys re-signed.

Right now their projected cap space is around 30 million. I could see them having to choose between Barrett or Lavnote David in FA. Barrett probably will command around 20 million a year so I could easily see him leaving.

Right now their projected cap space is around 30 million. I could see them having to choose between Barrett or Lavnote David in FA. Barrett probably will command around 20 million a year so I could easily see him leaving.

I highly doubt it but we'll see. Last I saw they were projected closer to $38 mil and between restructures and moving off relatively unimportant guys, they can get up around 60 mil if they want to. Really all depends on how badly they want to bring everyone back. I think Godwin and Gronk are locks to be back. Shaq has said he pretty much will do whatever it takes to stay in Tampa too. I can't imagine they'll let David slip away but we'll see. They'll be able to pay all of them if they want to. It's guys like AB, Fournette, and Suh that might end up needing to leave if they want to get paid.

I highly doubt it but we'll see. Last I saw they were projected closer to $38 mil and between restructures and moving off relatively unimportant guys, they can get up around 60 mil if they want to. Really all depends on how badly they want to bring everyone back. I think Godwin and Gronk are locks to be back. Shaq has said he pretty much will do whatever it takes to stay in Tampa too. I can't imagine they'll let David slip away but we'll see. They'll be able to pay all of them if they want to. It's guys like AB, Fournette, and Suh that might end up needing to leave if they want to get paid.

PFF has them around 33 million to spend In their 2021 FA preview. If it ends up being 60 million than I can seeing them keeping all those guys.

There also seems to be this prevailing thought in the NFL that if it's the end of the first half and Tom Brady is at midfield, you don't have to cover anyone deep.

Two games in a row they get a gift TD on deep passes where a WR easily gets behind the DB. Last night ended up being PI, but didn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom