NFL Thread | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I just think that's kinda who they are. They played a lot of weak teams this year and their weaknesses were not fully exposed. They will be on Sunday.

They played a lot of the same teams. If you compare schedules you could say the same thing about the Steelers.

Pittsburgh has won 7 in a row. New England has won 8 in a row.
They haven't given up a 100 yards on the ground since week 8.
The next time Pittsburgh D has stopped Tom Brady let me know.

They won't stop them, but they will put some points on the board.

Yards are one thing, end zone is another. The problem is getting INTO the end zone for Pitssburgh. The Steelers aren't a good redzone team to begin with and the Patriots have an excellent red zone defense. I think Pittsburgh will move the ball a bunch, but I don't have confidence they can score 4 touchdtowns. I think they will need to score at least 4 touchdowns to win. Maybe they fluke into a special teams or defensive touchdown, but I don't see it. Field goals aren't winning this game.

Houston has a much weaker offense than Pittsburgh and they managed 16 points. I agree that FGs won't get it done but NE is not nearly the same defense as KC.

Pittsburgh has won 7 in a row. New England has won 8 in a row.
They haven't given up a 100 yards on the ground since week 8.
The next time Pittsburgh D has stopped Tom Brady let me know.

Let me know if you want to place a bet on Bell being held under 100 yards. The bank is open all day long.

They played a lot of the same teams. If you compare schedules you could say the same thing about the Steelers.

The Steelers played the NFC East - a much tougher division than the NFC West.

The Eagles blasted them and they aren't any good!;)

Steelers had company. They also beat the NYG, DAL and whipped ATL pretty good. Philly was not a great team but strangely they could very easily have been 11-5. They blew several games at the very end.

Let me know if you want to place a bet on Bell being held under 100 yards. The bank is open all day long.
The last time they played they held Bell under 100 this year. I won't make that bet because I don't know Belichick's game plan.
It could be either the let Bell get his and contain Brown or it could be contain Bell and let Brown get his. The Pats game plan better than anybody.

Houston has a much weaker offense than Pittsburgh and they managed 16 points. I agree that FGs won't get it done but NE is not nearly the same defense as KC.
You obviously didn't watch the game if you cite Houston getting 16 points.

All 16 points came off uncharacteristic Patriots mistakes.
The first FG was the result of a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty on Eric Rowe on a 3rd and 18 stop that Rowe grabbed a guy off the pile. That gave Houston 3'points.
The second FG came off a Brady pass to Floyd that Floyd should have caught and it popped right into Bouye's hands. Houston got the ball at the NE 21
And only got a FG.
The TD came after Dion Lewis(thanks again Philly and Cleveland) fumbling the KO after that FG.
Houston got the ball at the NE 15 and scored a TD.
The Final FG came off another INT where Hogan ran a bad route. That gave Houston the ball at the NE 35.

Houston got 16 points because the Patriots turned the ball over 3 times inside the 35 and Rowe committed a stupid penalty.

If that is what your going to cite for Pittsburgh okay.
When Pittsburgh gets Clowney and Merclius let me know or Miller/Wolfe/Ware.

Pittsburgh lost their best DE in Hayward. Dupree has done well but he is one guy.

The next time the Pitt D confuses and contains Pittsburgh will be a first. Pitt is a good team and can't be taken lightly but NE is the better team
Overall.

Steelers had company. They also beat the NYG, DAL and whipped ATL pretty good. Philly was not a great team but strangely they could very easily have been 11-5. They blew several games at the very end.
When did Pittsburgh whip Atlanta this year?
I am wrong here so no need to reply. I didn't read it correctly.
T

Last edited:
When did Pittsburgh whip Atlanta this year?
The Steelers played the NFC East not the NFC South?
Atlanta beat Denver and Oakland and lost to Kansas City and San Diego.
I think he was talking about Philly.

The first FG was the result of a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty on Eric Rowe on a 3rd and 18 stop that Rowe grabbed a guy off the pile. That gave Houston 3'points.
The second FG came off a Brady pass to Floyd that Floyd should have caught and it popped right into Bouye's hands. Houston got the ball at the NE 21
And only got a FG.
The TD came after Dion Lewis(thanks again Philly and Cleveland) fumbling the KO after that FG.
The Final FG came off another INT where Hogan ran a bad route. That gave Houston the ball at the NE 35.

Houston got 16 points because the Patriots turned the ball over 3 times inside the 35 and Rowe committed a stupid penalty.

Pittsburgh lost their best DE in Hayward. Dupree has done well but he is one guy.

The next time the Pitt D confuses and contains Pittsburgh will be a first. Pitt is a good team and can't be taken lightly but NE is the better team
Overall.
Slow down turbo.. Bell will feature in the passing game this weekend and Pitt will grind it out.

And only got a FG.

Overall.

If you're so confident then lay me the 6 and let's bet.

If you're so confident then lay me the 6 and let's bet.
I don't bet my team. Never mix business and pleasure.
Good luck betting the game. I feel good NE is winning at home.

You are seriously still bragging about beating Mark Sanchez and the Cowboys 2nd string?

are you guys talking about butt hurt, jets and patsies??

this sums up the brady era of those games...

marksanchezbuttfumble.gif

Blind squirrel? ;)

When CC first came on the scene I thought he was refreshing in his candor. After a year or two I realized he's a blowhard pol like all the rest. He couldn't get re-elected if we spotted him 30 points.

I've sat right below where he sits in a luxury box at the Linc. Fans give him non-stop sheet the entire game. I can't imagine what it will be like the next time he visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.