NFL Thread | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the Travis Kelce thinkpieces? He dropped a huge gain and then completely lost his composure and cost his team. He was suspended for an entire season in college and frequently goes on his little hissyfit, hotheaded rants. Media and fans seemingly think his foot locker comments were cute. SO MUCH PASSION FOR THE GAME!! Wonder what the difference is.

Haha ok Lebatard. I think him being a Gronk wannabe douchebag is the prevailing majority opinion now if it wasn't already.

I was reading an article- can't find it now - that pointed out that Houston's defense was not that strong based on a variety of metrics including points allowed where they finished 11th. The obvious difference is that GB/ATL/Pitt all have great QBs that will not be throwing the ball to NE defenders on a regular basis.

Football Outsiders who has rock solid 'sides of the ball' rankings after a full season has Houston & Pittsburgh defenses basically equal. "Not in the same league" is just stupid.

Perhaps an idea whose time has come ...

Tom Brady's agent launches new pro football league for college-age players
College-age players are now going to have an option that doesn't involve college football

Tom Brady's agent launches new pro football league for college-age players
It must suck to be a Jets fan during the Brady Era.
I mean you guys do have the 2010 win in Foxboro which is more than any other AFC East team. I give you that.
However the Jets have done more to help the Patriots than any other AFC East team.
Mo Lewis injuring Drew Bledsoe and starting the Brady Era.
Then week 17 of the 2001-2002 season beating the Raiders and giving the Patriots a first round bye which propelled them to their first SB title in SB 36.

I mean the Jets have helped the Patriots a lot. Thanks to Gang Green nation. How many seasons have been swung in the modern Era thanks to them helping the Patriots.

It must suck to be a Jets fan during the Brady Era.
I mean you guys do have the 2010 win in Foxboro which is more than any other AFC East team. I give you that.
However the Jets have done more to help the Patriots than any other AFC East team.
Mo Lewis injuring Drew Bledsoe and starting the Brady Era.
Then week 17 of the 2001-2002 season beating the Raiders and giving the Patriots a first round bye which propelled them to their first SB title in SB 36.

I mean the Jets have helped the Patriots a lot. Thanks to Gang Green nation. How many seasons have been swung in the modern Era thanks to them helping the Patriots.

Apparently you seem to think I have something to do with the management of the team. Newsflash: I don't run the team, I just cheer for them as I always have, going all the way back to Joe Namath committing to the Jets after the 1965 Orange Bowl. So you can spare me your sneering, it means nothing to me. :)

Haha ok Lebatard. I think him being a Gronk wannabe douchebag is the prevailing majority opinion now if it wasn't already.

Think of it as a step up from being an Aaron Hernandez wannabe douchebag. :cool:

Apparently you seem to think I have something to do with the management of the team. Newsflash: I don't run the team, I just cheer for them as I always have, going all the way back to Joe Namath committing to the Jets after the 1965 Orange Bowl. So you can spare me your sneering, it means nothing to me. :)
Jeez it was good natured fun. I wasn't being serious. I gave your team credit for 2010.
Only two teams have won a playoff game in Foxboro the Ravens and the Jets.
I actually feel bad for Jets. You guys are second class to the Giants in your backyard spending all those years playing at Giants Stadium and then the teams biggest rival has become a league super power.

Woody can't get out of the GMs way. The Jets have been one of the better teams against the Pats because they are a divisional rival and Taylor their roster to beat New England. So you guys have stocked up on the DL to hammer Brady.

Houston D is legit.
Clowney and Merclius by far the best DE pair in the last round of the playoffs.
AJ Bouye at CB will get the biggest FA contract at his position this offseason.
No way Pitt's D is in Houston's league.
Atlanta has Beasley and mediocre defensive talent.
Green Bay has Perry and Peppers okay pass rushers but the worst
Secondary in the playoffs.
NE will face an easier D this week by far.
Dupree has been good but he isn't Clowney.

Keep tellin' yourself that. The letdown for you is gonna be HUGE.

Next year the NFC East plays the AFC West and NFC West in crossover games. That will be more difficult than the AFC North and NFC North.

The NFC East is also a pretty Competitive division as well.
AFC West teams have NFC East and AFC East.
AFC East has AFC West and NFC South.

Really? Of course we can't assume everything stays the same but NE played the AFC West this year and they enjoyed the hell out of that. You'd be hard pressed to find a weaker trio than SF, AZ and LA plus SEA looks like that D is getting a little longer in the tooth. The AFC West is certainly competitive but SD seems in disarray and Denver needs to find a QB.

Gotta get me one of these ...

C2LYWaQUsAASbQZ.jpg

Keep tellin' yourself that. The letdown for you is gonna be HUGE.
Whatever man this gravy for me. 6 consecutive years in Championship weekend.
6 SB appearances
4 SB titles
I haven't been upset after any seasoning loss except
SB 42.
Last year I gave Denver credit for when they won their D was the best unit in the league and I wasn't upset they were the better team.

Being a Patriots fan has spoiled me.
Brady has made the AFC title game 11 times in 15 years. Losing this weekend means your team lost to the best in the conference.

I think at home they will beat Roethisberger. If not
oh well the Pats have 55 million dollars in cap space. Will get a good pick for Garapolio, sign their 2 FAs and will be back in the AFC title game next year.

Football Outsiders who has rock solid 'sides of the ball' rankings after a full season has Houston & Pittsburgh defenses basically equal. "Not in the same league" is just stupid.

Are you talking to me? I never said anything about not being in the same league.

Really? Of course we can't assume everything stays the same but NE played the AFC West this year and they enjoyed the hell out of that. You'd be hard pressed to find a weaker trio than SF, AZ and LA plus SEA looks like that D is getting a little longer in the tooth. The AFC West is certainly competitive but SD seems in disarray and Denver needs to find a QB.
I have started banking at Denver as a loss starting this year.
Oakland will be in Mexico City.
at Pittsburgh
at Tampa
at New Orleans
Kansas City
Chargers
Houston
Carolina
Atlanta
AFC East home/home

They won't go 14-2 but they will go 12-4 like they typically do.

Whatever man this gravy for me. 6 consecutive years in Championship weekend.
6 SB appearances
4 SB titles
I haven't been upset after any seasoning loss except
SB 42.
Last year I gave Denver credit for when they won their D was the best unit in the league and I wasn't upset they were the better team.

Being a Patriots fan has spoiled me.
Brady has made the AFC title game 11 times in 15 years. Losing this weekend means your team lost to the best in the conference.

I think at home they will beat Roethisberger. If not
oh well the Pats have 55 million dollars in cap space. Will get a good pick for Garapolio, sign their 2 FAs and will be back in the AFC title game next year.

Losing the opportunity to go to the SB to a team that you feel is inferior to your squad on your home team won't feel like gravy.

I have started banking at Denver as a loss starting this year.
Oakland will be in Mexico City.
at Pittsburgh
at Tampa
at New Orleans
Kansas City
Chargers
Houston
Carolina
Atlanta
AFC East home/home

They won't go 14-2 but they will go 12-4 like they typically do.

I was referring to your view that the NFC East playing the NFC West was somehow difficult.

Gotta get me one of these ...

C2LYWaQUsAASbQZ.jpg
That chickenchit commissioner won't come to the game in New England because he knows how hated he is.
Last weekend he went to Atlanta and Kansas City. Expecting to go to Dallas this week. Green Bay won and so now Goodell is forced to go back to the place he just was Atlanta breaking his streak of seeing a different place in each week.
When the SB was in New Orleans 3 years ago Goodell had to bring his own chef with him to NO
To cook his meals. He hasn't stepped foot in NO for a game since and hasn't been to NE in 2 years.

I was referring to your view that the NFC East playing the NFC West was somehow difficult.
It will be 2 layups and 2 tough games.
Arizona and Seattle are tough games
Rams and Niners layups.
NFC East doesn't have it hard that way. I bet teams will play consecutive road games on either coast and stay out their to reduce travel.

Losing the opportunity to go to the SB to a team that you feel is inferior to your squad on your home team won't feel like gravy.
Is that what Eagles fans feel from the Reid Era?
I mean if the Steelers-Patriots played 10 times in a Foxboro the Pats win 6 or 7.
So losing doesn't feel that bad. If they lost to the Texans you may have a point. I do think NE has the better team but they could lose.

It will be 2 layups and 2 tough games.
Arizona and Seattle are tough games
Rams and Niners layups.
NFC East doesn't have it hard that way. I bet teams will play consecutive road games on either coast and stay out their to reduce travel.

AZ seems in shambles to me. Their recovery is far from assured. There aren't a ton of layups on NFL schedules but yeah SF and LA are layups.

Is that what Eagles fans feel from the Reid Era?
I mean if the Steelers-Patriots played 10 times in a Foxboro the Pats win 6 or 7.
So losing doesn't feel that bad. If they lost to the Texans you may have a point. I do think NE has the better team but they could lose.

Just pointing out how you're backtracking. A few days ago you were brashly predicting an easy win. Now it's the "I won't mind if they lose" mantra.

I think the Patriots wax the Steelers tbh. Roethlisberger only has 6 Touchdowns in his last 8 road games and he's thrown 9 intereceptions since December 1st. This is not the same Roethlisberger. He's clearly on the downside and the next time the Steelers defense stops Brady will be the first time. The NFC game is much more interesting to me. Now Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell could go nuts, but chances are Belichick takes one of them away. I think that's enough.

Just pointing out how you're backtracking. A few days ago you were brashly predicting an easy win. Now it's the "I won't mind if they lose" mantra.
I am confident but I also realize nothing is a lock.
NE has the better D Sunday. They played awful last week I can't see then playing that badly 2 weeks in a row.

I think the Patriots wax the Steelers tbh. Roethlisberger only has 6 Touchdowns in his last 8 road games and he's thrown 9 intereceptions since December 1st. This is not the same Roethlisberger. He's clearly on the downside and the next time the Steelers defense stops Brady will be the first time. The NFC game is much more interesting to me. Now Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell could go nuts, but chances are Belichick takes one of them away. I think that's enough.

The Steelers have won seven in a row. In that stretch Bell is averaging 5.3 yards a carry on 27+ carries a game. Ben isn't going to pile up big #s when you can ride that hoss.

I am confident but I also realize nothing is a lock.
NE has the better D Sunday. They played awful last week I can't see then playing that badly 2 weeks in a row.

See I just think that's kinda who they are. They played a lot of weak teams this year and their weaknesses were not fully exposed. They will be on Sunday.

The Steelers have won seven in a row. In that stretch Bell is averaging 5.3 yards a carry on 27+ carries a game. Ben isn't going to pile up big #s when you can ride that hoss.

Yards are one thing, end zone is another. The problem is getting INTO the end zone for Pitssburgh. The Steelers aren't a good redzone team to begin with and the Patriots have an excellent red zone defense. I think Pittsburgh will move the ball a bunch, but I don't have confidence they can score 4 touchdtowns. I think they will need to score at least 4 touchdowns to win. Maybe they fluke into a special teams or defensive touchdown, but I don't see it. Field goals aren't winning this game.

Pittsburgh has won 7 in a row. New England has won 8 in a row.
They haven't given up a 100 yards on the ground since week 8.
The next time Pittsburgh D has stopped Tom Brady let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.