NFL Thread | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being kind to Romo. I would say clearly he is the weakest resume of what I put in the lock. I do think Romo has a chance to get in in the HOF though.
I am probably the biggest Romo fan on the board and I would not put him in the hall of fame at the moment. I do think he has had a better career than Eli though.

In the 32 team era(SB 37- SB50) the NFC South became the first division for all teams to make the Super Bowl.

NFC East
Eagles 0-1
Giants** 2-0

NFC North
Packers* 1-0

NFC South
Buccaneers* 1-0
Falcons 0-0 SB 51
Panthers 0-2
Saints* 1-0

NFC West
Cardinals 0-1
Seahawks* 1-2
49ers 0-1

AFC East
Patriots*** 3-2 SB 51

AFC North
Ravens* 1-0
Steelers** 2-1

AFC South
Colts* 1-1

AFC West
Broncos* 1-1
Raiders 0-1

Pretty impressive for the NFC South.

In the 32 team era(SB 37- SB50) the NFC South became the first division for all teams to make the Super Bowl.

NFC East
Eagles 0-1
Giants** 2-0

NFC North
Packers* 1-0

NFC South
Buccaneers* 1-0
Falcons 0-0 SB 51
Panthers 0-2
Saints* 1-0

NFC West
Cardinals 0-1
Seahawks* 1-2
49ers 0-1

AFC East
Patriots*** 3-2 SB 51

AFC North
Ravens* 1-0
Steelers** 2-1

AFC South
Colts* 1-1

AFC West
Broncos* 1-1
Raiders 0-1

Pretty impressive for the NFC South.
very impressive fun fact.

I might've been stumped, then said the NFC West guessing the rams were in that window. what happened, the browns come a year later?

very impressive fun fact.

I might've been stumped, then said the NFC West guessing the rams were in that window. what happened, the browns come a year later?
SB 36 2001-2002 was Rams-Patriots but it was the last season of 3 divisions a piece. 2002-2003 the Texans joined the league.

It feels so long ago that the change happened, and then I realize that 2001-2002 actually is a pretty long time ago now lol.

I am probably the biggest Romo fan on the board and I would not put him in the hall of fame at the moment. I do think he has had a better career than Eli though.
66343413.jpg

bpo57
You bet on a team last week that had a star player come out and say this about his coaching staff.
Bud Dupree: Steelers were surprised by Patriots offense

Mike Tomlin was playing checkers last week preparing his team.
The fact this guy is a top 10 coach shows the gap between Belichick and the rest.
The only coach whoever prepared his teams consistently for Belichick was Tom Coughlin. The only player who prepared his teams consistently for Belichick was Peyton Manning.

Both are done at coaching and playing.

Atlanta has a good enough offense though to win a shootout indoors in Houston. However Tomlin/Roethlisberger are 1-6 versus Brady/Belichick and the only year Pitt won was in 2011 with the worst Patriots D of the last 15 years and that team made the Super Bowl.

btw alsacs...whats wrong with your owner??

is he ok?? rough post game speech etc...

He was drunk. He wanted to go after Goodell and then stopped.
I guess.

BB was looking at him like...What the F??...

doubt he would do that if he was sick.

I loved the contempt Belichick had for holding the conference title trophy.
youre doomed!!!

that probably broke a superstition!!!!

ATTN EVERYBODY: HAMMER THE FALCONS!!!

love it in hockey when they just leave the conference trophy on the table...and leave the ice.

bpo57
You bet on a team last week that had a star player come out and say this about his coaching staff.
Bud Dupree: Steelers were surprised by Patriots offense

Mike Tomlin was playing checkers last week preparing his team.
The fact this guy is a top 10 coach shows the gap between Belichick and the rest.
The only coach whoever prepared his teams consistently for Belichick was Tom Coughlin. The only player who prepared his teams consistently for Belichick was Peyton Manning.

Both are done at coaching and playing.

Atlanta has a good enough offense though to win a shootout indoors in Houston. However Tomlin/Roethlisberger are 1-6 versus Brady/Belichick and the only year Pitt won was in 2011 with the worst Patriots D of the last 15 years and that team made the Super Bowl.

I was kinda surprised it took you this long to talk smack. Had to be killin' ya to wait that long.

That bad Pittsburgh defense also bailed me out. I had the over, too.

I was kinda surprised it took you this long to talk smack. Had to be killin' ya to wait that long.

That bad Pittsburgh defense also bailed me out. I had the over, too.
I wasn't going to talk smack but Dupree basically said Tomlin didn't even prepare the team. I feel bad for people who bet on him against Belichick.

Super Bowl is an interesting bet. Falcons could win and are getting a FG.

I wasn't going to talk smack but Dupree basically said Tomlin didn't even prepare the team. I feel bad for people who bet on him against Belichick.

what the hell is going on in pittsburgh??

Bradshaw is slamming Tomlin, word on the street is the fans want him gone and now BigBen is contemplating retiring??

that's more controversy in the last 5 weeks than theres been in 50 years for them.

what the hell is going on in pittsburgh??

Bradshaw is slamming Tomlin, word on the street is the fans want him gone and now BigBen is contemplating retiring??

that's more controversy in the last 5 weeks than theres been in 50 years for them.
Mike Tomlin is a solid HC he just doesn't push the team at all. He doesn't gameplan. He runs his system and basically tells the opponent we will outtalent you. That works against most AFC teams but it will never work against New England.

Bradshaw called him a cheerleader which wasn't smart but there was a little truth in it. The fans are moron and Ben wants Todd Haley gone that is why he is opening his mouth. Ben will not last as long as Eli/Rivers because he is a lot bigger physically that will take its toil on him a lot faster. He is 35. I don't see him getting to 39 like Brady is now. When you look at how Brady takes care of his body and Ben does its night and day. He might have 1-2 years left.

@ Super Bowl MVP's say differently. And that is what you play for. Romo has some nice stats. But taking your team on the road in the playoffs and winning is what gets you in the Hall. Eli has done that. Romo hasn't won in the playoffs at home. And Eli kills him in one of the most important but over looked stats. Games played.

Mike Tomlin is a solid HC he just doesn't push the team at all. He doesn't gameplan. He runs his system and basically tells the opponent we will outtalent you. That works against most AFC teams but it will never work against New England.

Bradshaw called him a cheerleader which wasn't smart but there was a little truth in it. The fans are moron and Ben wants Todd Haley gone that is why he is opening his mouth. Ben will not last as long as Eli/Rivers because he is a lot bigger physically that will take its toil on him a lot faster. He is 35. I don't see him getting to 39 like Brady is now. When you look at how Brady takes care of his body and Ben does its night and day. He might have 1-2 years left.

Todd Haley is an A-hole, but he worked great with Kurt Warner. I think part of it is Ben isn't as good as some people think he is. Ben is also seriously out of shape. He's a lard. Not sure there's a more out of shape QB in football.

let me preface this by stating that Ben is a HOFer.

but, Ben has had a great run game and a very good D for his entire career...not to mention, Hines Ward and Antonio Brown.

hes taken a pounding for sure, I could easily see him being the 1st of the '04 QB3, to retire.

not this year though, read where hed have to pay back 18MM if he did so.

let me preface this by stating that Ben is a HOFer.

but, Ben has had a great run game and a very good D for his entire career...not to mention, Hines Ward and Antonio Brown.

hes taken a pounding for sure, I could easily see him being the 1st of the '04 QB3, to retire.

not this year though, read where hed have to pay back 18MM if he did so.

Agree with this top to bottom.

Not sure what Dupree has to do with talking smack to me but whatever...

Not sure what Dupree has to do with talking smack to me but whatever...
That story from him saying Tomlin didn't prepare for the no huddle made question how people could bet on Tomlin vs Belichick.
I didn't really smacktalk because you aren't a Steelers fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.