NFL Thread | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot go that far. The league is so different now and teams are so watered down. He is the greatest QB of the modern, free agency era for sure.
Aaron Rodgers is more physically gifted but Brady is just a machine of consistency and gets it done.

I like Adam Gaze but I don't see the Fins winning the East if Brady plays.
Pats are getting Gronk back.
Will be trading Jimmy G for a bundle.
The Pats have 61 million in cap space with only two key Unrestricted FAs in Donta Hightower and Marty Bennett and only one Restricted FA in Malcolm Butler.
They have cap space to add any FA they are interested in.

I am Terrified that the Pats will pick up a 3rd-5th round gem in AET and he'll turn into their next stud and be twice the threat Mitchell already is. Capture the upside they never got out of LaFell.

But, if the Dolphins manage to resign Stills/cut Albert and keep Wake while drafting either Oj Howard or the stud Vandy LB I will have irrational confidence in our 2017 campaign.

I'll channel my Texas bowl Cuse vs. Minny level of shi- talking.

And of course Brady will win one for his other hand and I'll find some rocks to kick/wallow in shame.

Aaron Rodgers is more physically gifted but Brady is just a machine of consistency and gets it done.

Brady's a cyborg, a marvel of modern health. The dude's actually improving in fitness it's incredible.

Eh, everybody can jump on Shanahan and rightfully so for this game, but the guy is very, very good at his job. He knows the game and makes very good play calls usually. Don't know what happened tonight, but he's a dynamic OC.

He will have a chance to prove himself and this year was certainly impressive. Prior to this year? Not so much. He was a disaster in DC.

Interesting reactions right after the game.

Brady when asked by Chris Myers about revenge basically wasn't biting by saying it's all positive. CLASS.

Kraft gets up there and slobbers his way through a "woe is us" ramble. Dude, your organization has been caught with its hand in the cookie jar on more than one occasion. NO CLASS.

Btw in any of his five SB wins has the HC of the NEP ever lauded the opponent in any fashion?

If I'm Brady I retire.

Do an analyst gig. Get out while healthy and on top of the NFL world. With the way that game went down yesterday, there's nothing more to accomplish.

bpo57, post: 2064799, member: 1572"]Interesting reactions right after the game.

Brady when asked by Chris Myers about revenge basically wasn't biting by saying it's all positive. CLASS.

Kraft gets up there and slobbers his way through a "woe is us" ramble. Dude, your organization has been caught with its hand in the cookie jar on more than one occasion. NO CLASS.

Btw in any of his five SB wins has the HC of the NEP ever lauded the opponent in any fashion

HC did just that this morning on ESPN

If I'm Brady I retire.

Do an analyst gig. Get out while healthy and on top of the NFL world. With the way that game went down yesterday, there's nothing more to accomplish.

I despise Brady and the Patriots but that dudes got the heart of a lion. The greatest example of a pure sportsmen and competitor I'll probably ever see in my life. The Patriots will go into 2017/2018 as top 3 favorites for the SB and I don't believe he'll stop until that starts to change.

I despise Brady and the Patriots but that dudes got the heart of a lion. The greatest example of a pure sportsmen and competitor I'll probably ever see in my life. The Patriots will go into 2017/2018 as top 3 favorites for the SB and I don't believe he'll stop until that starts to change.

He's got at least 2 more years in him for sure, don't think he's even going to consider retiring and why would he, he already states on a regular basis he will play as long as humanly possible

As a Bills fan, there is a a lot I don't like about the Patriots, but Tom Brady is not one of them.

Greatest QB of all time.

Agree, I just hate the Pats for how much they have won, nothing but respect for what they have accomplished and their coach and QB. Classic Pats would be to trade Gronk in off season as some desperate team trying to make a statement will overy pay and over trade for him. Either of the LA teams or somebody similar

I didn't know this topic was here until today. 158 pages... Have you guys discussed yet how the freaking super bowl was just decided by a coin flip? The NFL overtime system is so jacked up it is beyond comprehension. For a league that prides itself on its product and marketing, how do you let the Super Bowl end with your league MVP as a spectator??? I don't know if this is being discussed or just ignored because, you know... Patriots. The whole hype for the game was simply Patriots versus cardboard-cutout-of-another-NFL-team, so them winning is "right," but pulease.

If the Falcons had won the coin toss and scored a TD, leaving Tom Brady with as much impact on the outcome of the OT as the fat guy watching at home in his Laz-E-Boy covered in Cheeto dust, there would be a national uproar right now. What a stupid way to end your championship game.

I didn't know this topic was here until today. 158 pages... Have you guys discussed yet how the freaking super bowl was just decided by a coin flip? The NFL overtime system is so jacked up it is beyond comprehension. For a league that prides itself on its product and marketing, how do you let the Super Bowl end with your league MVP as a spectator??? I don't know if this is being discussed or just ignored because, you know... Patriots. The whole hype for the game was simply Patriots versus cardboard-cutout-of-another-NFL-team, so them winning is "right," but pulease.

If the Falcons had won the coin toss and scored a TD, leaving Tom Brady with as much impact on the outcome of the OT as the fat guy watching at home in his Laz-E-Boy covered in Cheeto dust, there would be a national uproar right now. What a stupid way to end your championship game.
well, the SuperBowl 'ended' with your league MVP dropping back to pass instead of handing off to his RB.

ive hated NFL OT rules forever. even this new age version where they ignore a FG if it happens on 1st drive.

The OT rule has always stunk, but it's not why Atlanta lost the game. Biggest choke job since the Yankees blew a 3-0 lead to the Sox in 04.

For the record, I'd be just as annoyed if the opposite happened and Atlanta won.

Agree, I just hate the Pats for how much they have won, nothing but respect for what they have accomplished and their coach and QB. Classic Pats would be to trade Gronk in off season as some desperate team trying to make a statement will overy pay and over trade for him. Either of the LA teams or somebody similar
Gronk to the LA Chargers for Hunter Henry and a 2nd round pick is a Belichick move.

Green Bay lost to Arizona in OT the divisional playoffs without touching the ball.
Green Bay lost the NFC title game against Seattle 2 years ago in OT without touching the ball.
The logic is you deserve a possession if your defense can keep the opposing offense out of the end zone. The D gave up a long drive TD thus they have themselves to blame and no possession.
The Pats lost to the Jets last year in OT without getting the ball and that game cost them HFA.
No complaints that the first possession ended it as the D gave up a TD.

bpo57, post: 2064799, member: 1572"]Interesting reactions right after the game.

Btw in any of his five SB wins has the HC of the NEP ever lauded the opponent in any fashion

HC did just that this morning on ESPN

With hundreds of millions of people watching he said squadoosh.

Arizona beat Green Bay in the Wild Card round a few years ago and their offense never touched it. They won on a fumble six against Rodgers.

Nobody complained about OT until Peyton cried after he lost to a mediocre San Diego when he was with the Colts.

Belichick was great with Berman, Moss, and Young last night. With Berman retiring the only person left with any access to Brady/Belichick is Jim Gray.

In the heat of the moment you expect Belichick to praise Quinn when all he does in his PC is say nothing except praise his opponent.
Hell when the Pats played the Rams this year how he talked about them you would have thought they were playing the 85 Bears.
Belichick always praises the opponent he gives them no bulletin board material ever.

Belichick was great with Berman, Moss, and Young last night. With Berman retiring the only person left with any access to Brady/Belichick is Jim Gray.
He gave ESPN more material in 10 minutes then he has given the entire New England media the last 15 years. I was shocked how he was talking with his voice the energy level he had. He was joking with Berman and Moss and talking wonky with Young.
It was like the real Belichick unplugged.

The OT rule has always stunk, but it's not why Atlanta lost the game. Biggest choke job since the Yankees blew a 3-0 lead to the Sox in 04.

Both of these things are true. Falcons had this game completely wrapped up and just completely fell apart, but that also doesn't change the fact that the NFL's OT rules (while better than they used to be) are still annoying.

The NFL will never adopt the college OT rules because stats dictate salary/money.
The college OT is great because those stats don't affect money.
Not sure how the NFL could change it anymore than they have.

The NFL will never adopt the college OT rules because stats dictate salary/money.
The college OT is great because those stats don't affect money.
Not sure how the NFL could change it anymore than they have.
the stat part is easy.

just stop counting after the 4th.

shoot-out goals don't count, same rule could apply here.

the falcons not getting the ball in OT doesn't bother me 1 bit.

they were up 28-3 for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.