NFL Thread | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9007440-derek-carr-nfl-green-bay-packers-oakland-raiders.jpg
Your boys and the Broncos are the only teams that could replace the Pats next year.
Unless Houston gets a legit QB which I doubt they will.
Miami, Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Kansas City don't scare me. Tennessee is a sleeper playoff team next year.

It was not PI you can block yard 1 from the line look at where the WRs were. They were on the 1. It was legal the ref was right there.
its one yd not 3 yds into the endzone. werent the defenders lined up in the endzone?

and XP are from the 2 not the 1 .

wish Goodell played to the boos and went full heel

its one yd not 3 yds into the endzone. werent the defenders lined up in the endzone?

and XP are from the 2 not the 1 .
The WRs Edelman and Hogan and were at the 1 yard line. Amendola barely got over the goalline. It was completely legal. The ref was right there. If the NE WRs were blocking into the endzone Amendola walks in untouched.

Belichick was great with Berman, Moss, and Young last night. With Berman retiring the only person left with any access to Brady/Belichick is Jim Gray.

Yeah if he opens up he is an interesting guy. I don't mind him playing it close to the vest with the cliche answers. No big deal.

I've just noticed over the years that after winning big games (playoffs, SB, etc.) that he rarely ever acknowledges the other team. And when he loses (which is rare) he has perfected the art of the brusque handshake and the shove of the camera man.

In the heat of the moment you expect Belichick to praise Quinn when all he does in his PC is say nothing except praise his opponent.
Hell when the Pats played the Rams this year how he talked about them you would have thought they were playing the 85 Bears.
Belichick always praises the opponent he gives them no bulletin board material ever.

Just won't do it after the game. And what he says prior to the game is the same thing that 31 other NFL coaches do.

How the Patriots saved their season with a perfectly executed 2-point conversion

the atlanta DB was on the goal line. both were still in contact as ball is caught.

The Patriots also benefit from bending the rules a bit. By the strictest definition of the rules, Edelman and Hogan should have released their blocks a little earlier then they should have. The NFL only allows offensive player a yard past the line of scrimmage to initiate contact before the pass is completed. Hogan may have been a foot or two beyond that before releasing.

Patriots bending the rules? Shocked I tell you. Shocked.

The Patriots also benefit from bending the rules a bit. By the strictest definition of the rules, Edelman and Hogan should have released their blocks a little earlier then they should have. The NFL only allows offensive player a yard past the line of scrimmage to initiate contact before the pass is completed. Hogan may have been a foot or two beyond that before releasing.

Patriots bending the rules? Shocked I tell you. Shocked.

Patriots run a play. Refs don't call a penalty. Patriots are cheaters.

it was a pretty obvious call. the had a goal line to use to spot the foul.. the same ref is too busy calling the offsides. they already called it once earlier in the game. it also goes uncalled all the time most of the year.

Patriots run a play. Refs don't call a penalty. Patriots are cheaters.

Agreed.

Refs also blew two other offensive holds in OT as well. Both benefited the Pats.

it was a pretty obvious call. the had a goal line to use to spot the foul.. the same ref is too busy calling the offsides. they already called it once earlier in the game. it also goes uncalled all the time most of the year.

So is that offsetting and they line up from the same spot?

OneYardCatch.PNG

You want this to be a penalty? Hogan's back foot is on the one yard line. Just like for a QB to be over the LOS his entire body most be over for it to be a penalty. I think with a block the ref is going to do the same. If the call a penalty here it gets criticized as well.
The only people who want the penalty here are the Kaiser and Maple Syrup type haters.

no thats not the rule. no contact can be iniated beyond 1 yd, this isnt the same rule for a qb throwing the ball

OneYardCatch.PNG

You want this to be a penalty? Hogan's back foot is on the one yard line. Just like for a QB to be over the LOS his entire body most be over for it to be a penalty. I think with a block the ref is going to do the same. If the call a penalty here it gets criticized as well.
The only people who want the penalty here are the Kaiser and Maple Syrup type haters.
hey, I love maple syrup and I have no problem with yesterdays game at all.

well, I DO, have a problem with it, but not the way it was played and won.

when the 4th QTR started, Atlanta needed to get TC streamed into their headsets to tell them what to do.

the stat part is easy.

just stop counting after the 4th.

shoot-out goals don't count, same rule could apply here.

the falcons not getting the ball in OT doesn't bother me 1 bit.

they were up 28-3 for crying out loud.

By that logic, there was no point in having an OT session at all. Who cares what happened earlier in the game. It is overtime. A brand new game which starts 0-0.

That's a penalty.
Your opinion is your opinion and I respect it however.
The officials refing the game disagree with your opinion.
Pats have had bad calls against them so it evens out.
#comebackgate.

Your opinion is your opinion and I respect it however.
The officials refing the game disagree with your opinion.
Pats have had bad calls against them so it evens out.
#comebackgate.

Agreed it doesn't matter...they just would have moved em back ten yards but then kept calling penalties until the Patriots eventually scored without one

Agreed it doesn't matter...they just would have moved em back ten yards but then kept calling penalties until the Patriots eventually scored without one
When the NFL admits science proved Deflategate was a joke and gives back the 1st round pick and 4 games they stole from Brady I will say the refs favor the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.