NFL Thread | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it on good authority the Mara's ordered the hit. ;)
Mara is the commissioner Giants fans just don't want to admit it.

Mara and Rooney families own Zoddell.

Jerry Jones bets now he didn't say how wonderful Goodell was during Deflategate as he won't get Kraft to help him now.

We will see if this happens with Zeke again. The NFL didn't just decide to single Zeke out.

And argument can be made after their continued botching of the DV cases (rice, brown, etc) they needed a pr win.

If zeke did it 6 games was light. If he didn't do it I would expect him to take this to the mats. We shall see how far he takes this. If I were accused of something like this and hadn't done it I wouldn't roll over and take it.

Between the Josh Brown only getting one game suspension.

Wallis-Talkie gate barely getting the Giants a penalty. They moved down 10 spots in the 4th round.(Whippie-Doo give me a break)

And the Steelers-Giants deflated footballs controversy last year going nowhere.

This stuff tells you the power of the NFL is with the Mara and Rooney families like old mafia dons.

It's a joke.

It's not a coincidence either.

Don't have a comment on the 'Mara as Sinister Overlord of the NFL Deep State' meme, but not only was the Elliott suspension well-deserved (it really was quite a comprehensive report that the investigators developed), it is a shot across the bow of Jerry Jones policy of consistently acquiring players with, to put it mildly, character concerns. Concerns that were apparent when he acquired the players. No other team even comes close to Dallas when it comes to suspensions. Hey, it's not the fault of the Maras or the Rooneys that they tend not to bring these talented screw-ups onto their teams.

There are certain unwritten rules of the draft, like not drafting a rb in the first round unless he is special, the other one is don't draft kickers.
A 'written'one is...don't trade your 3rd and 4th for a 2nd, unless that 2nd will be a 7x Pro Bowler.

Apparently, Tampa...doesn't read the 'rules'.

Oh, and do anything for a Kicker is a COMMANDMENT.

There are certain unwritten rules of the draft, like not drafting a rb in the first round unless he is special, the other one is don't draft kickers.

janikowski-63-yd-fg.jpg

Well this worked out well for Tampa Bay

Buccaneers release former 2nd-round pick Aguayo

I suppose one could argue that solidifying a position for 10+ years like the Raiders did has a value that goes beyond the fact that you could pick up a random kicker each offseason that performs as well as anyone else in the league. But I still think it was a bad pick at the time, and obviously a bad look now.

I do understand why they did it though. Our kickers the previous year probably cost Tampa a playoff spot and Roberto was pegged as a 3rd round pick leading up to the draft, and I'm pretty sure it leaked out after the fact that other teams were planning to take him before Tampa could in the 3rd.

I have a feeling he's going to have a good rebound somewhere; I know he got picked up by Chicago already but we'll see if he sticks there.

According to the report, the documents reveal threats from Tiffany Thompson to Ezekiel Elliott, apparently coming after Elliott tried to distance himself from her. “I’m going to ruin your life,” she allegedly said when Elliott told her that her didn’t want her at his house. “You will see.”

When Ezekiel Elliott told Thompson that she wasn’t welcome at his birthday party, she allegedly said, “That’s the worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin your life now.”

Ezekiel Elliott contends, based on the documents, that Thompson told him, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to be believe you.”

So far, the NFL has believed Thompson just enough more than Elliott to tip the scales of in-house justice in her favor. Moving forward, the question is whether the court of public opinion and, ultimately, whoever handles the appeal will agree.

However it turns out, it’s abundantly clear that a fight is coming.

This going to get even uglier than it already is.

According to another report on Fox Sports NFL investigator Lisa Friel was unable to endorse Thompson's testimony as she had "repeatedly misled investigators." Yet the NFL gave him 6 games.

I understand that Roger can do what ever he wants because of the CBA but no way can Zeke let this go. They literally labeled him a woman beater in their report.

Last edited:
According to the report, the documents reveal threats from Tiffany Thompson to Ezekiel Elliott, apparently coming after Elliott tried to distance himself from her. “I’m going to ruin your life,” she allegedly said when Elliott told her that her didn’t want her at his house. “You will see.”

When Ezekiel Elliott told Thompson that she wasn’t welcome at his birthday party, she allegedly said, “That’s the worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin your life now.”

Ezekiel Elliott contends, based on the documents, that Thompson told him, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to be believe you.”

So far, the NFL has believed Thompson just enough more than Elliott to tip the scales of in-house justice in her favor. Moving forward, the question is whether the court of public opinion and, ultimately, whoever handles the appeal will agree.

According to another report on Fox Sports NFL investigator Lisa Frioel was unable to endorse Thompson's testimony as she had "repeatedly misled investigators." Yet the NFL gave him 6 games.

I understand that Roger can do what ever he wants because of the CBA but no way can Zeke let this go. They literally labeled him a woman beater in their report.

Jerry Jones saying Roger Goodell did a great job during Deflategate when anybody who read the evidence knew the NFL lied publicly. While also having nothing actually to justify a suspension shows he is screwed here.

If Jones backed Kraft then its different.
Article 46 allows Goodell to do whatever he wants whether a person is innocent or guilty.

Jerry Jones saying Roger Goodell did a great job during Deflategate when anybody who read the evidence knew the NFL lied publicly. While also having nothing actually to justify a suspension shows he is screwed here.

If Jones backed Kraft then its different.
Article 46 allows Goodell to do whatever he wants whether a person is innocent or guilty.

I understand Article 46. I am simply saying Elliot (if he really did not do what he is accused of) cannot let it stand. He will sue her, the league and anybody else has to in order to get his good name back. They labeled him a woman beater costing him his reputation and millions of dollars.

The bloom is off the poke rose.

I think they should get the death penalty, just have jerr-uh suspend all operations for 3 years.

He can continue to use his stadium for those 1 off college games and Luke Bryan concerts or whatnot, but no NFL.

I'm disgusted a team I like is in the same league as them.

I understand Article 46. I am simply saying Elliot (if he really did not do what he is accused of) cannot let it stand. He will sue her, the league and anybody else has to in order to get his good name back. They labeled him a woman beater costing him his reputation and millions of dollars.
I read the actual police report.
Zeke is getting screwed. The complaining witness doesn't have other witnesses backing her claims up and one of her friends is quoted as saying she told Zeke she would ruin him for being with another woman.
Zeke could be a PoS but he is getting railroaded and Jerry Jones can't stop it.

I think they should get the death penalty, just have jerr-uh suspend all operations for 3 years.

He can continue to use his stadium for those 1 off college games and Luke Bryan concerts or whatnot, but no NFL.

I'm pretty sure they did considering that Ray Rice and Brown got much lighter suspensions with a much greater amount of evidence.

tenor.gif

Maximum Trolling would be if I had added the fact that my team is in the same league as the annually cheating patsies, is a also dirty feeling, but I didn't.

Maximum Trolling would be if I had added the fact that my team is in the same league as the annually cheating patsies, is a also dirty feeling, but I didn't.
5 time and defending Super Bowl champion Patsies.
Get it right.

According to another report on Fox Sports NFL investigator Lisa Friel was unable to endorse Thompson's testimony as she had "repeatedly misled investigators." Yet the NFL gave him 6 games.

I mean, athletes let this go all the time. In all likelihood, that reputation isn't going anywhere no matter how the appeal goes.

Domestic violence is simply very difficult to prove or disprove. It will be almost impossible for him to come out of this situation with his name being cleared.

What we currently know, that it looks like she likely lied about one incident while having bruises supposedly tied to several other incidents is probably as good as it's going to get for him.

Saying that she's going to ruin his career doesn't prove that he didn't beat her. It simply proves that she was threatening to expose him for beating her (allegedly). The text messages don't prove that she's lying about all of it either, but it's far more damaging to her credibility than the "I'll ruin your career" thing.

DHB1SCKVYAAhO5u

This portion of the police report shows the complaining witness claims couldn't get a conviction.

The report shows the bruises were a week older than she alleged and she had gotten into a fight with another woman over Zeke.
The witness who is quoted in the report was with the complaining witness.

The fact the NFL is complaining about leaks when all they did during the Brady/Deflategate case was leak information including multiple false information is a joke.

The NFL has seen the texts of the complaining witness threatening to ruin Zeke's career and didn't factor that in is funny.

The NFL appointed Harold Henderson to hear the appeal. Henderson is going to knock the suspension down to 4 games.

Don't have a comment on the 'Mara as Sinister Overlord of the NFL Deep State' meme, but not only was the Elliott suspension well-deserved (it really was quite a comprehensive report that the investigators developed), it is a shot across the bow of Jerry Jones policy of consistently acquiring players with, to put it mildly, character concerns. Concerns that were apparent when he acquired the players. No other team even comes close to Dallas when it comes to suspensions. Hey, it's not the fault of the Maras or the Rooneys that they tend not to bring these talented screw-ups onto their teams.
Yeah the Rooneys don't bring screw ups on their team.
Ben didn't have the bathroom incident in Georgia.
Martivus Bryant isn't a sketchy person.
Your right.

The Giants didn't choose to resign a free agent kicker they knew had threatened his wife at the pro bowl and had to have NFL security move the family to another hotel with security to protect them.
The Giants didn't sign Christian Peter after he was released for domestic violence.

All the teams have sketchy players.
John Mara has more power in the NFL than any owner. He is the commissioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.