NFL Thread | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Prosecutor’s Job: Flag N. .L. Players

Read this profile of the woman who made the decision on Elliot.
This part is my favorite.
To begin with, she is a devout Giants fan, a season-ticket holder whose basement in her Brooklyn apartment is, as The Daily Beast once reported, a blue-and-red shrine to the Jints. Among her earliest memories of growing up in New Jersey is watching a Giants game on a black-and-white television and asking her father: “Who are we rooting for, Daddy? The ones in the black uniforms or the ones in the white uniforms?”
I believe there were 4 people on that panel.

Brown and Zeke are two different matters. Zeke had 3 incidents in one week. A lot of witnesses. He got what he deserved.
He didn't get charged.
The NFL is charging him 6 games.
Brown was charged and went to diversion. He got 1 game.

Zeke may be a scumbag but 6 games is a joke.

I believe there were 4 people on that panel.
Friel made the recommendation. The commissioner kept himself at a distance to protect himself from backlash from Jones.

Friel was running the investigation.

The Friel Doctrine: The process is if you play for the Giants: Slap on the wrist. Play for a team the Giants dislike: Punishment doubled or more.

Friel made the recommendation. The commissioner kept himself at a distance to protect himself from backlash from Jones.

Friel was running the investigation.
Did you see the names of the other 3? Those people are being led around? I have no problem with any punishment Brown would have got. The rules changed. This is the league min punishment for this offense. They had medical reports. They had witness statements. He did it. More than once. He got what he deserved. And in Columbus Ohio, he could have done worse and got away with it.

Did you see the names of the other 3? Those people are being led around. I have no problem with any punishment Brown would have got. The rules changed. this is the league min punishment for this offense. They had medical reports. They had witness statements. He did it. More than once. He got what he deserved. And in Columbus Ohio, he could have done worse and got away with it.
How did the rules change from Brown to Elliott?
Both were after Ray Rice changed the rules.
Read this
NFL frequently flouts its own six-game suspension domestic violence policy

The Friel Doctrine: The process is if you play for the Giants: Slap on the wrist. Play for a team the Giants dislike: Punishment doubled or more.

No big deal put a person in charge of the investigation who has Giant season tickets and a Phil Simms jersey hanging up in her office, i'm sure it was a very unbiased investigation.

No big deal put a person in charge of the investigation who has Giant season tickets and a Phil Simms jersey hanging up in her office, i'm sure it was a very unbiased investigation.
Do you know who Tiffany Johnson is? That is who the NFL believed. She was the woman that Zeke beat up. And she has the pictures to prove it. But if he plays for your team, no big deal, right. This is why the D.A. couldn't charge him in Columbus. And they weren't doing him any favors in the long run. Because it always gets worse. Go look at the pictures and get back to me. Zeke is a filthy pig.

I'm not going to defend Brown in any way. And to my knowledge, he has never played another game in the league since. But it is good to see you stand up for guys like Zeke.
What team did Brown play for?
What team is the favorite team of the person who heads the domestic violence cases of the NFL?

Deflategate and Ray Rice case showed the NFL front office doesn't care about facts. They care about coming to the conclusion they want by whatever means necessary.

Josh Brown would still be playing if his police reports were never FOIA. Facts have proven John Mara New about some of the events involving Brown but he resigned the kicker anyway. The incident at the 2016 pro Bowl was a joke he threatened his ex-wife in front of their kids and NFL security had to move the family to another hotel and Mara knew.
Brown's diary was known by the Giants and they resigned him and all he got was 1 game because Mara spoke up for him.

Zeke didn't get charged and the whole incident is a he said/ she said. The NFL decided to believe the girlfriend and the authorities didn't.

What team did Brown play for?
What team is the favorite team of the person who heads the domestic violence cases of the NFL?

Deflategate and Ray Rice case showed the NFL front office doesn't care about facts. They care about coming to the conclusion they want by whatever means necessary.

Josh Brown would still be playing if his police reports were never FOIA. Facts have proven John Mara New about some of the events involving Brown but he resigned the kicker anyway. The incident at the 2016 pro Bowl was a joke he threatened his ex-wife in front of their kids and NFL security had to move the family to another hotel and Mara knew.
Brown's diary was known by the Giants and they resigned him and all he got was 1 game because Mara spoke up for him.

Zeke didn't get charged and the whole incident is a he said/ she said. The NFL decided to believe the girlfriend and the authorities didn't.
Not true. You didn't read the report. Right in the report, the D.A. from Columbus is quoted as saying HE DID believe Thompson. He didn't think he could get a conviction in Columbus.

Do you know who Tiffany Johnson is? That is who the NFL believed. She was the woman that Zeke beat up. And she has the pictures to prove it. But if he plays for your team, no big deal, right. This is why the D.A. couldn't charge him in Columbus. And they weren't doing him any favors in the long run. Because it always gets worse. Go look at the pictures and get back to me. Zeke is a filthy pig.

Yes I do, and I have no problem with him getting suspended, I despise what he did, I have a problem with the way the Giants get away with whatever they want, and putting someone in charge of the investigation who is a huge Giants fan.

Yes I do, and I have no problem with him getting suspended, I despise what he did, I have a problem with the way the Giants get away with whatever they want, and putting someone in charge of the investigation who is a huge Giants fan.
the Giants get away with anything they want??? Like what? Brown never played another game for them. You want to look at the trash that Jones has been bringing in to dallas for the last few years?

the Giants get away with anything they want??? Like what? Brown never played another game for them. You want to look at the trash that Jones has been bringing in to dallas for the last few years?

The league gave him a one game suspension. I'm not condoning what our players have done.

Brown only got cut because of public pressure. Mara knew about some of the DV incidents and okayed the player being resigned. Brown was a FA and the Giants brought him back.

Then Mara defended Brown to Goodell and he only got 1 game suspended instead of 6.

One-game? NFL kicker Josh Brown's domestic violence ban draws renewed rage - CNN

Brown only got cut because of public pressure. Mara knew about some of the DV incidents and okayed the player being resigned. Brown was a FA and the Giants brought him back.

Then Mara defended Brown to Goodell and he only got 1 game suspended instead of 6.

One-game? NFL kicker Josh Brown's domestic violence ban draws renewed rage - CNN
Yeah, and what does that have to do with Zeke? Your whole argument is that Zeke got screwed. He didn't. Now it has shifted to well, Brown didn't get penalized enough. Okay. I agree with that. One has nothing to do with the other. Zeke got what he deserved and Brown, while he only got one game, will probably never kick again in the NFL. Justice.

Yeah, and what does that have to do with Zeke? Your whole argument is that Zeke got screwed. He didn't. Now it has shifted to well, Brown didn't get penalized enough. Okay. I agree with that. One has nothing to do with the other. Zeke got what he deserved and Brown, while he only got one game, will probably never kick again in the NFL. Justice.
and if Mara has some kind of control over Goodell, it's likely because he has no dirty laundry and EVERY OTHER SINGLE OWNER LIKELY DOES.

and just for reference...Goodell works for them at their pleasure.

I'm sure enough votes could be found to out himif he was soooo biased.

Did you see the names of the other 3? Those people are being led around? I have no problem with any punishment Brown would have got. The rules changed. This is the league min punishment for this offense. They had medical reports. They had witness statements. He did it. More than once. He got what he deserved. And in Columbus Ohio, he could have done worse and got away with it.
I just read the police report.
No way could they ever prove it was domestic violence.
The bruises the complaining witness had were over a week after they alleged she took place.
Plus this,
DHB1SCKVYAAhO5u

A witness stated that the complaining witness had gotten into a fight a week prior to her allegations with another woman she saw driving Zeke's car.

This whole case is impossible to know the facts on. Did Zeke beat her? I don't know but she had marks that could have been from him or from a fight,
I read the police report none of the 5 people interviewed backed Thompson's story. The NFL believed her and suspended Zeke 6 games.

I just read the police report.
No way could they ever prove it was domestic violence.
The bruises the complaining witness had were over a week after they alleged she took place.
Plus this,
DHB1SCKVYAAhO5u

A witness stated that the complaining witness had gotten into a fight a week prior to her allegations with another woman she saw driving Zeke's car.

This whole case is impossible to know the facts on. Did Zeke beat her? I don't know but she had marks that could have been from him or from a fight,
I read the police report none of the 5 people interviewed backed Thompson's story. The NFL believed her and suspended Zeke 6 games.
We will see if this happens with Zeke again. The NFL didn't just decide to single Zeke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.