NFL Thread | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do that??

The guy is a bad dude.

Just appeal, get it knocked down to 2 or 1...and move on.

Not a good look for the NFLPA.

I'm sure women like having a guy who pulls down 1 of their tops being defended like this.

But if it costs him games in November or December, I'll just laugh.

They losing week 1.

He might not be a good guy, but its possible this was a set up, we don't know, he has a right to his day in court so to speak. I think you you are underestimating the Cowboys.

why do that??

The guy is a bad dude.

Just appeal, get it knocked down to 2 or 1...and move on.

Not a good look for the NFLPA.

I'm sure women like having a guy who pulls down 1 of their tops being defended like this.

But if it costs him games in November or December, I'll just laugh.

They losing week 1.
Kluber start and Sox in Toronto and boom we got the game back.

Also the NFL not allowing the Zeke Elliot team access to the complaining witness is a violation of fundamental fairness. If he played for Mara he would have gotten 1 game and wouldn't need to fight that suspension.

No the suspension won't linger.

We will hear this week.

He may get it knocked down, but he's missing that game and likely 1 more.

Plus what if what we know now, is just the tip of the iceberg??

The rapist/beater/women hater is going down.

He's a perfect poke though, I'll give u that.

Plaxico Burress, Christian Peter, Will Hill, Will Allen, LT and Josh Brown all send their regards. ;)

What does everyone think about the Burfict 5 game suspension? IMHO, it was far from his worst hit, but he's pretty much lost the benefit of the doubt.

That was a BS cheap shot. Burfict is one of the most penalized players for late/dirty hits in league history. He brings his problems onto himself with seemingly no interest in amending his on-field practice. I don't care what happens to him.

Vontaze Burfict suspension: Here's the hit and why it's illegal under new NFL rule

Marvin Lewis defends Vontaze Burfict, LB has been fined $805K in 53 games

Plaxico Burress, Christian Peter, Will Hill, Will Allen, LT and Josh Brown all send their regards. ;)
Burress never played another down in Blue.

We covered the goodness off tbeGiants and Peter.

Will Hill falls in with the Peter generosity, then he was cut when they really, really, really needed him because of his issues.

Will Allen turned out to be another criminal Cuse guy after he was off the Giants.

LT used performance dehancers, a lot of them. Every team should've bought them for him.

Brown has been covered.

In today's football, the way things are done is that if you are criminal, whose never been caught, but can help a team win by cheating...the patsies will hire you.

And if you are a felon...the pokes want you.

What does everyone think about the Burfict 5 game suspension? IMHO, it was far from his worst hit, but he's pretty much lost the benefit of the doubt.

I think it's incredibly bush league what he did, but I was reading about it yesterday and heard that that kind of hit was legal up until this season (or maybe last).

I think it's incredibly bush league what he did, but I was reading about it yesterday and heard that that kind of hit was legal up until this season (or maybe last).

Yes, point taken, but the game has to continue to evolve. The Lyle Alzado head slap has a legal play once, too. If we want the game to continue, we're going to have to get the crap out of it. And drilling someone just because you can, when he wasn't looking and was not in the play is "crap." (and no crap to you M46, just participating in the discussion)

Yes, point taken, but the game has to continue to evolve. The Lyle Alzado head slap has a legal play once, too. If we want the game to continue, we're going to have to get the crap out of it. And drilling someone just because you can, when he wasn't looking and was not in the play is "crap." (and no crap to you M46, just participating in the discussion)

No doubt. I can't believe hits like that were legal in the past.

The burfict hit is just so unnecessary. In a game where they are limiting these types of hits doing so when the ball is passed 30 yards downfield really is just stupidity.

The burfict hit is just so unnecessary. In a game where they are limiting these types of hits doing so when the ball is passed 30 yards downfield really is just stupidity.
That's it.

It was just stupid.

Same NFLPA, right??

But we can't have guys running under over the middle under 5yds just looking back at the QB so they don't get decleated like that either.

Need to find the middle ground.

Burfict is a scumbag, I am tired of seeing this guy, next cheap shot throw him out of the league.
Feel the same way about Elliot.

The guy demeans women every chance he gets. Lots of women watch football.

This won't end well for him.

Feel the same way about Elliot.

The guy demeans women every chance he gets. Lots of women watch football.

This won't end well for him.
Not sure if trolling or not?

Elliott has done some sketchy things like the St.Patrick's Day thing in the bar but this alleged domestic violence I don't believe happened.

The girl was with another witness who said she saw Zeke with another girl and got into a fight with her and was jealous. She threatened to ruin Zeke because of it.

While he appears shady this incident wasn't DV IMO.

The NFL believes her but they haven't made their notes available as to why they do over the authorities and the NFL also refused to make her available at the hearing. Plus her testimony to the NFL was not under oath so she had no fear of perjury.

Not sure if trolling or not?

Elliott has done some sketchy things like the St.Patrick's Day thing in the bar but this alleged domestic violence I don't believe happened.

The girl was with another witness who said she saw Zeke with another girl and got into a fight with her and was jealous. She threatened to ruin Zeke because of it.

While he appears shady this incident wasn't DV IMO.

The NFL believes her but they haven't made their notes available as to why they do over the authorities and the NFL also refused to make her available at the hearing. Plus her testimony to the NFL was not under oath so she had no fear of perjury.
Trolling and serious.

We all know he's guilty of treating women like dog poop.

Did he do all that is alleged to that 1 woman??

Probably not.

Did he do something?

Of course.

2-3 games will suffice.

And as I said earlier, you take that early because you don't want him out in Nov-Dec or worse.

Patriots and Steelers are the favorites to land Joe Haden.

If either do look out.
Dark horse is Tampa.

If either do look out.
Dark horse is Tampa.
Eh, he couldn't make the browns and you wanted Owa from the Giants...who was just cut.

U need to work on your scouting...

Eh, he couldn't make the browns and you wanted Owa from the Giants...who was just cut.

U need to work on your scouting...
Owa got a 4 game suspension.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots don't jump on him if he gets to them on waivers

Owa got a 4 game suspension.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots don't jump on him if he gets to them on waivers
He was going to be cut anyway.

He doesn't want to play football.

If either do look out.
Dark horse is Tampa.

Haden not the same player he was a couple of years ago. When a DB's skills start to diminish it usually happens rather quickly.

Haden not the same player he was a couple of years ago. When a DB's skills start to diminish it usually happens rather quickly.
He played with a hernia last year.
Pittsburgh got a good one.
Plus a guy who can play man to man which their corners can't.

He played with a hernia last year.
Pittsburgh got a good one.
Plus a guy who can play man to man which their corners can't.

I'm sure he'll hold his own but he's not the game changer that you insinuated above. Not the same guy from a few years ago. He's lost a step.

20 years ago today, the NFL kicked off its regular season.

Yep, August 31.

Jim Fassel in his 1st game beat the iggs 31-17 enroute to going 10-5-1 and winning the NFC East.

Before choking away a playoff game to the Viks at home...

We got our revenge 3 years later, but damn...

20 years ago today, the NFL kicked off its regular season.

Yep, August 31.

Jim Fassel in his 1st game beat the iggs 31-17 enroute to going 10-5-1 and winning the NFC East.

Before choking away a playoff game to the Viks at home...

We got our revenge 3 years later, but damn...

That was one of my favorite games ever, well 2nd to your 02 Niners Meltdown.

That was one of my favorite games ever, well 2nd to your 02 Niners Meltdown.
Throwing out the SuperBowl...

1) 89 Flipper Anderson
2) 02 49ers meltdown and non PI call
3) 16 packers WR no show
4) 85 Landeta muffed punt
5) 97 viks clock disregard

Those are my pain games.

The 1st 4 all could've been Champions, not 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.