NFL Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garappolo is going to be out this week but likely will play against Buffalo. I wonder who the Patriots sign for 1 week to cash a check to be Brissett's backup. Rumor is ESPN's Matt Hasselback and Ryan Lindley are the top contenders.

Houston leads the NFL in sacks lay the 3 points this Thursday.

Peyton Manning.

No Peterson is going to really hurt Minnesota as well. I can't see Bradford staying healthy behind that OL which is supposely built to be a running OL.

Bradford did outplay Rodgers last night but that wasn't a high bar. Rodgers fumbled the ball 3 times last night now GB recovered 2 of them and he threw a crushing INT to end the game.

I gotta say the NFC is more wide open than I thought. I think the best team is Carolina but 5-6 teams could win the conference.

22-31/286/2 TDs/ No TOs and you've been with the team for a week. Not too shabby.

Supposedly, according to Zimmer, AP injury is not that serious.

Garappolo is going to be out this week but likely will play against Buffalo. I wonder who the Patriots sign for 1 week to cash a check to be Brissett's backup. Rumor is ESPN's Matt Hasselback and Ryan Lindley are the top contenders.

Houston leads the NFL in sacks lay the 3 points this Thursday.

I am starting to believe the Pats could play me at Qb and still find a way to win.

I am starting to believe the Pats could play me at Qb and still find a way to win.
While I believe Belichick is a great coach I think this Thursday is going to catch up with them. Brissett can't beat Houston on 3 days. The D will have shut down the Houston offense and get turnovers in a low scoring game..

Also, Garappolo is pretty good I think he is a top 16 QB in the league right now and will fetch a nice bounty.

It is funny how Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Jacoby Brissett, and Cody Kessler are all rookie QBs who are starting this week while the number 1 pick Jared Goff can't even get a sniff for a terrible Rams team. Goff can't even read defenses under center yet.

While I believe Belichick is a great coach I think this Thursday is going to catch up with them. Brissett can't beat Houston on 3 days. The D will have shut down the Houston offense and get turnovers in a low scoring game..

Also, Garappolo is pretty good I think he is a top 16 QB in the league right now and will fetch a nice bounty.

It is funny how Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Jacoby Brissett, and Cody Kessler are all rookie QBs who are starting this week while the number 1 pick Jared Goff can't even get a sniff for a terrible Rams team. Goff can't even read defenses under center yet.

Why would you trade a guy like that when your starter is 39 years old? He like all the QBs of his generation is going to hit the wall soon.

Last edited:
Why would you trade a guy like that when your starter is 39 years old? He like all the QBs of his generation is going to hit the wall soon.

Because you can't afford to pay two qbs, unless Brady starts to show signs of wearing down, what else are you going to do?

Because you can't afford to pay two qbs, unless Brady starts to show signs of wearing down, what else are you going to do?

I'd keep both. I think Garoppolo has the chance to be a great player. Reminds me of Romo, hopefully for his sake he isn't as brittle.

I'd keep both. I think Garoppolo has the chance to be a great player. Reminds me of Romo, hopefully for his sake he isn't as brittle.

He might, but what if Brady has a good three years left in him? Bellicheck is a genius, I don't doubt he could find another great qb in the draft.

He might, but what if Brady has a good three years left in him? Bellicheck is a genius, I don't doubt he could find another great qb in the draft.

I mean the 49er's traded Joe Montana to the Chiefs for basically the same reason in 92(Steve Young) and he won 4 super bowls prior to that also. I know Joe was an older 36 compared to Brady now. He had quite a few injuries, but if it came down to it, I'd play the long game and trade Brady. He would get you a first rounder and make anyone a contender. Genius or not it's hard to find two franchise QB's. I don't care who the coach is. Then again Belichick is 64, so it's not like he is going to coach forever. He might not care what he leaves the next coach.

I mean the 49er's traded Joe Montana to the Chiefs for basically the same reason in 92(Steve Young) and he won 4 super bowls prior to that also. I know Joe was an older 36 compared to Brady now. He had quite a few injuries, but if it came down to it, I'd play the long game and trade Brady. He would get you a first rounder and make anyone a contender. Genius or not it's hard to find two franchise QB's. I don't care who the coach is. Then again Belichick is 64, so it's not like he is going to coach forever. He might not care what he leaves the next coach.

That was before there was a cap. How do you trade Tom Brady if your the Pats?

different situation.

the Giants hit Montana so freakin hard in the 1990 NFC Champ game that he didn't play in 1991 and then played 1 game in 1992.

dumping him was easy.

brady, while a cheater, is relatively healthy...and is also more entwined into the fabric of boston than anyone not named papi or like Jeter in NY.

that said, boy it would be something if BB traded him. the hoodie is a ruthless SOB.

Manning retired because his body betrayed him and he couldn't make NFL throws. Brady is still healthy and until he breaks down physically will be a good QB. I think Brady could play another 2-3 years.

Belichick may want to get rid of Brady for his legacy maybe but the Kraft's will not let Belichick get rid of Brady for Garoppolo

Garoppolo will be the Chicago Bears starting QB next year for a first round pick and something else.

Garoppolo has shown he is a starting QB. The injury was because he was scrambling and left himself vulnerable. He will learn from that and I also think he will be the backup QB on Thursday night and will start against Buffalo.

Manning retired because his body betrayed him and he couldn't make NFL throws. Brady is still healthy and until he breaks down physically will be a good QB. I think Brady could play another 2-3 years.

Belichick may want to get rid of Brady for his legacy maybe but the Kraft's will not let Belichick get rid of Brady for Garoppolo

Garoppolo will be the Chicago Bears starting QB next year for a first round pick and something else.

Garoppolo has shown he is a starting QB. The injury was because he was scrambling and left himself vulnerable. He will learn from that and I also think he will be the backup QB on Thursday night and will start against Buffalo.

There is something to learning how to take hit's. I believe it's a skill.

Brady, Brees, both Manning's off the top of my head seem to know how to take hits, and avoid catastrophic injury.

Other guys don't. See Tony Romo/Robert Griffin.

I need to see more of Jimmy G to see if he knows how to take a hit and fall correctly.

There is something to learning how to take hit's. I believe it's a skill.

Brady, Brees, both Manning's off the top of my head seem to know how to take hits, and avoid catastrophic injury.

Other guys don't. See Tony Romo/Robert Griffin.

I need to see more of Jimmy G to see if he knows how to take a hit and fall correctly.

I mean some of its luck, if a Helmet hits you on the right place on your arm, its going to break, no matter how strong or tough you are.

I mean some of its luck, if a Helmet hits you on the right place on your arm, its going to break, no matter how strong or tough you are.

Some maybe, but unless Romo had osteoporosis in his mid 30's, I don't buy it. The guy gets hurt more than any other franchise QB in the league and it's a big part of the reason why your team struggles to make the playoffs over the past 10 years.

I've always been a big fan of Little Bill since he was DC for the Giants but more and more it's obvious how much of a genius he really is. Garoppolo could be no better than Matt Cassel if he left the Pats and the Pats would replace him with someone else. Eventually Brady will retire (someday probably fairly soon) and Belichick will find someone else to be QB. Belichick runs an unbelievable system that all the parts seem replaceable. I'm not sure if Pats can win this Thursday but does anyone really expect them to lose to the Bills in week four. That would make them at least 3-1 in Brady's absence. More than enough in the AFC Least.

How many players and coaches have left New England only to fail in their next stop. It's uncanny and it's also amazing how no one can duplicate what Belichick has done in the last 15 years. There are a lot of great NFL coaches and GM's and you would think they would work 365 days a year to try to replicate his system. It hasn't happened yet.

I've always been a big fan of Little Bill since he was DC for the Giants but more and more it's obvious how much of a genius he really is. Garoppolo could be no better than Matt Cassel if he left the Pats and the Pats would replace him with someone else. Eventually Brady will retire (someday probably fairly soon) and Belichick will find someone else to be QB. Belichick runs an unbelievable system that all the parts seem replaceable. I'm not sure if Pats can win this Thursday but does anyone really expect them to lose to the Bills in week four. That would make them at least 3-1 in Brady's absence. More than enough in the AFC Least.

How many players and coaches have left New England only to fail in their next stop. It's uncanny and it's also amazing how no one can duplicate what Belichick has done in the last 15 years. There are a lot of great NFL coaches and GM's and you would think they would work 365 days a year to try to replicate his system. It hasn't happened yet.

It really is amazing what hes done up there, would anyone be shocked if they are 4-0 without Brady?

It really is amazing what hes done up there, would anyone be shocked if they are 4-0 without Brady?
Houston opens as 2.5 road favorites vs NE. Has New England ever been the underdog playing at home during the Belechick era.

Some maybe, but unless Romo had osteoporosis in his mid 30's, I don't buy it. The guy gets hurt more than any other franchise QB in the league and it's a big part of the reason why your team struggles to make the playoffs over the past 10 years.

He doesn't get the ref protection that the Brady's and Rodgers of the league do. They treat him like they do Cam and allow to many hits on him.

The guy rarely gets a roughing call in his favor.

He doesn't get the ref protection that the Brady's and Rodgers of the league do. They treat him like they do Cam and allow to many hits on him.

The guy rarely gets a roughing call in his favor.

I don't know how many people listen to Mike Francessa, but today they were talking about how there are refs out there that hate Cam Newton.

Jeff Fisher might be more overrated than Rex Ryan. This guy keeps his job forever at Tennessee even though he was average pretty much year every after their Super Bowl in 2000. He goes to the Rams gets a Kings ransom for RG3 with 3 extra first round picks and hasn't done squat with them.

Then he trades an extra first round pick to move to the #1 spot and drafts a QB who isn't even close to reading a defense. Now Carson Wentz looks like a pretty decent QB. Jared Goff can't even read a defense under center. Goff should be playing for this team.

Philly may be sending a bottom top 10 pick or a pick in the teens to Cleveland. That would make this trade not as bad.

not making any judgement but the way Jimmy G got hurt seems really common, scrambling to the right, hit from the left and puts all the weight of impact on the throwing shoulder, curious how one defends against that, other than not scrambling to your right, but it just seems that is injury is so common...

I think Jimmy G showed more than enough that he will be highly sought after in the off season. Bears makes a lot of sense and if Cousins keeps shitting the bed, the skins wont be scared

Jeff Fisher might be more overrated than Rex Ryan. This guy keeps his job forever at Tennessee even though he was average pretty much year every after their Super Bowl in 2000. He goes to the Rams gets a Kings ransom for RG3 with 3 extra first round picks and hasn't done squat with them.

Then he trades an extra first round pick to move to the #1 spot and drafts a QB who isn't even close to reading a defense. Now Carson Wentz looks like a pretty decent QB. Jared Goff can't even read a defense under center. Goff should be playing for this team.

Philly may be sending a bottom top 10 pick or a pick in the teens to Cleveland. That would make this trade not as bad.
I've said this about Fisher for years. Meathead owners keep hiring him. I just don't understand it - career .500 coach and 3rd most losses in league history.

Status
Not open for further replies.