NFL Thread | Page 252 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insecure Giants fan. Worry about your own team. Dude has issues
61919825.jpg

Not really, just wondering where it came from? Your team has big issues yet you worry about the Cowboys. As a Cowboys fan, the last thing I am worried about is the giants, or any other team. I am pissed that the D is awful and that 8-8 Garrett will be back. Evidently other fans can’t let go of past butt hurts.

I thought so.
He was in the pocket and just threw it out of bounds.
The receiver was on the right but he wasn’t running an out route.

I have no idea if they still go by where the Tackles line up because announcers never draw those parallel lines anymore but he was a mile outside of where the RT lined up and somehow managed to sling it well past the LOS. Rough call in that spot given how often they let it go.

Looks like you were right about Jimmy G. Which is great.

Both visitors whipped their opponents on the same fields earlier this year

Only one home team has met expectations in the first round

Thats fine, its not going to happen again, Bortles is awful.

They will beat Philly next week, I guarantee it.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but I think there are a few reasons why this ATL - 3 line may be shaky:

1- People are overreacting to five quarters of Nick Foles football in very frigid weather conditions. Small sample and would also note that his counterparts played poorly in those weather conditions too.

2- ATL will face far more hostile conditions this Saturday than what they faced in LA.

3- Philly's defense will provide a lot more pressure than what Ryan saw in LA.

I expect a dogfight and the notion of a guaranteed ATL win sounds crazy to me.

Good job Saints defense for letting Sean Payton off the hook for terrible third and fourth down calls.

Those calls tell you all you need to know what he thinks of his defense.

I have no idea if they still go by where the Tackles line up because announcers never draw those parallel lines anymore but he was a mile outside of where the RT lined up and somehow managed to sling it well past the LOS. Rough call in that spot given how often they let it go.

Looks like you were right about Jimmy G. Which is great.

I was pulling for CAR but I did not think Cam was outside the tackle box.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but I think there are a few reasons why this ATL - 3 line may be shaky:

1- People are overreacting to five quarters of Nick Foles football in very frigid weather conditions. Small sample and would also note that his counterparts played poorly in those weather conditions too.

2- ATL will face far more hostile conditions this Saturday than what they faced in LA.

3- Philly's defense will provide a lot more pressure than what Ryan saw in LA.

I expect a dogfight and the notion of a guaranteed ATL win sounds crazy to me.

No question it will be a tougher game and a more hostile environment and if Wentz was healthy I would pick Philly, but Atlanta's defense is playing really well, I think this is a bad matchup for you.

No question it will be a tougher game and a more hostile environment and if Wentz was healthy I would pick Philly, but Atlanta's defense is playing really well, I think this is a bad matchup for you.

I read an article today that quoted a Vegas linemaker saying if Wentz were playing he'd have Philly as a 6.5 favorite against ATL. That's a 9.5 point swing. Pretty much how you define an MVP.

Matt Ryan has played poorly each time he's visited the Linc - his hometown. Even last year in their SB year Philly beat them pretty easily. Too many people are jumping on ATL. Philly didn't go undefeated at home (I don't even count the Dallas game as half the starters were benched) just because of one guy.

Atlanta -3 at Philadelphia
Tennessee +14 at New England
Jacksonville + 7 at Pittsburgh
New Orleans + 4 at Minnesota

I do like all 4 home teams to win this weekend but with the spreads.
I would take Tennessse I think it’s 3 points too high.
I think unless Pittsburgh commits multiple turnovers they cover.
NFC I think Atlanta isn’t going to get a team to crap all over themselves again in Philadelphia.
NO-Minnesota is the NFC title game for me and I think Sota’s D will get more stops than NO.

Atlanta -3 at Philadelphia
Tennessee +14 at New England
Jacksonville + 7 at Pittsburgh
New Orleans + 4 at Minnesota

I do like all 4 home teams to win this weekend but with the spreads.
I would take Tennessse I think it’s 3 points too high.
I think unless Pittsburgh commits multiple turnovers they cover.
NFC I think Atlanta isn’t going to get a team to crap all over themselves again in Philadelphia.
NO-Minnesota is the NFC title game for me and I think Sota’s D will get more stops than NO.

I think the Falcons and Saints get it done on the road, the Ten line is enticing, I think I would take the points.

If Tannehill gets hurt again next year i’ll find a nice cliff to jump off of. The AFC is going to be so wide open.

Somewhere in this thread or another, from October or November...I have a

Steelers-pats
Falcons- saints

Pats-saints

Saints

Prediction.

I’ll keep rolling with it...

Granted, I’ve also said numerous times the patsies will win it all.

Feel free to go all Mushnick on me you fools who don’t even get a message board.

Matt Ryan has played poorly each time he's visited the Linc - his hometown. Even last year in their SB year Philly beat them pretty easily. Too many people are jumping on ATL. Philly didn't go undefeated at home (I don't even count the Dallas game as half the starters were benched) just because of one guy.

Wentz was able to turn pretty much any botched play into a chance for success. Foles can't. I'm an Iggles fan, and, yes, they could win with their D. But it's a whole different team w/o Wentz. At best a middle-of-the-pack team.

Atlanta's O-line looks vulnerable, and their D is maybe a little above average. But I don't see the Iggles putting up a big number. Their WR's are average, especially when it comes to getting separation. Without Wentz buying time, I think the passing game will be close to non-existent. Meaning the Falcons can do what they did against the Rams. Stack the line, neutralize the running game, and dare the QB to make big plays.

I think I'd take Atlanta plus the points.

Wentz was able to turn pretty much any botched play into a chance for success. Foles can't. I'm an Iggles fan, and, yes, they could win with their D. But it's a whole different team w/o Wentz. At best a middle-of-the-pack team.

Atlanta's O-line looks vulnerable, and their D is maybe a little above average. But I don't see the Iggles putting up a big number. Their WR's are average, especially when it comes to getting separation. Without Wentz buying time, I think the passing game will be close to non-existent. Meaning the Falcons can do what they did against the Rams. Stack the line, neutralize the running game, and dare the QB to make big plays.

I think I'd take Atlanta plus the points.
Atlanta is laying 3 points.
Vegas doesn’t believe in Foles.

Status
Not open for further replies.