Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in this thread or another, from October or November...I have a

Steelers-pats
Falcons- saints

Pats-saints

Saints

Prediction.

I’ll keep rolling with it...

Granted, I’ve also said numerous times the patsies will win it all.

Feel free to go all Mushnick on me you fools who don’t even get a message board.
I think the Vikings are going to be playing a home Super Bowl game.
Pittsburgh-New England is the de facto Super Bowl and I think that game can go either way if the Steelers D plays decent. If their D isn’t better NE will get more stops at home. As Steelers crowd was a factor first game.

I think the vikings have a genuine shot, or even likelyhood, of beating the Drews. Saints*

Pittsburgh-New England is the de facto Super Bowl and I think that game can go either way if the Steelers D plays decent. If their D isn’t better NE will get more stops at home. As Steelers crowd was a factor first game.
You guys just don’t want to see Brees in a Dome.

Brees & Payton won’t be Wilson & Carroll or Ryan & Quinn.

I think the vikings have a genuine shot, or even likelyhood, of beating the Drews. Saints*

I agree I would not rule of the Vikings, Great D, solid O, mentally tough.

Tough combo. That said the Saints, IMO are tougher than either of their next opponents if they win.

From this year.
Yeah, and you pissed them off and woke them up.

Good luck with that bee hive, YOU stirred up...in February.

I agree with you, but I'm not taking the Jags as a joke at all. The outcome earlier this year is very fresh in my head. The Jags defense is no joke.

I agree with you, but I'm not taking the Jags as joke at all. The outcome earlier this year is very fresh in my head. The Jags defense is no joke.
Jax sucks but their D could give Pitt some problems. I do think Pitt will win but it’s an actual game. NE-Tenn is a 2nd bye week for NE.

Yeah, and you pissed them off and woke them up.

Good luck with that bee hive, YOU stirred up...in February.
NO will score on NE no doubt but NO D is one of the best matchups for NE.
It would be a shootout and Payton is one of the few coaches who wouldn’t shart himself against Belichick.

ESPN FPI ranks the teams
1. Minnesota(because of HFA against either AFC team)
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Atlanta
5. New Orleans
6. Philadelphia
7. Jacksonville
8. Tennessee

Somewhere in this thread or another, from October or November...I have a

Steelers-pats
Falcons- saints

Pats-saints

Saints

Prediction.

I’ll keep rolling with it...

Granted, I’ve also said numerous times the patsies will win it all.

Feel free to go all Mushnick on me you fools who don’t even get a message board.

All I remember is your prediction in the first post of the NYG thread. That was a classic.

Wentz was able to turn pretty much any botched play into a chance for success. Foles can't. I'm an Iggles fan, and, yes, they could win with their D. But it's a whole different team w/o Wentz. At best a middle-of-the-pack team.

Atlanta's O-line looks vulnerable, and their D is maybe a little above average. But I don't see the Iggles putting up a big number. Their WR's are average, especially when it comes to getting separation. Without Wentz buying time, I think the passing game will be close to non-existent. Meaning the Falcons can do what they did against the Rams. Stack the line, neutralize the running game, and dare the QB to make big plays.

I think I'd take Atlanta plus the points.

But Atlanta is laying three. Otherwise I agree with everything you laid out here. My point is only that public sentiment and the talking heads are all on Atlanta. I view the game as a toss-up. I also don't expect Philly's STs to cough up field position like LA did.

ESPN FPI ranks the teams
1. Minnesota(because of HFA against either AFC team)
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Atlanta
5. New Orleans
6. Philadelphia
7. Jacksonville
8. Tennessee
FPI's favorite is New England, it seems Barnwell is picking Minnesota because of a gut feeling and isn't really sure if there is an in-game home field advantage (e.g., he doesn't know which locker room the Vikings would use). I think that there might be a home field disadvantage for the Vikings in that there'll be more distractions for them in the week leading up to the game. Another key as mentioned in an Adam Schefter tweet: QB playoff experience. Keenum has zero playoff starts, Brees has 12, etc.

FPI's favorite is New England, it seems Barnwell is picking Minnesota because of a gut feeling and isn't really sure if there is an in-game home field advantage (e.g., he doesn't know which locker room the Vikings would use). I think that there might be a home field disadvantage for the Vikings in that there'll be more distractions for them in the week leading up to the game. Another key as mentioned in an Adam Schefter tweet: QB playoff experience. Keenum has zero playoff starts, Brees has 12, etc.
Good point.
If Minnesota makes the SB they would be the road team but if the NFL were smart they would let Minnesota stay in their locker room.

Bears hired a guy who only gave the NFL rushing leader 11 carries in a playoff game and had a 21-3 lead.

I feel for Bears fans. Matt Nagy get a HC job.

Good point.
If Minnesota makes the SB they would be the road team but if the NFL were smart they would let Minnesota stay in their locker room.
Never thought of that . Interesting.

Never thought of that . Interesting.
AFC team is the home team this year.
They would get to choose what color jerseys they would want to wear.
NFC team gets to call coin toss.
That is really all that honor does.

Bears hired a guy who only gave the NFL rushing leader 11 carries in a playoff game and had a 21-3 lead.

I feel for Bears fans. Matt Nagy get a HC job.
Here goes the copy cat league. Hey look over there at the Rams and McVay, we can do that too! A 39 yr old with a young qb. Have fun Bears fans.

Here goes the copy cat league. Hey look over there at the Rams and McVay, we can do that too! A 39 yr old with a young qb. Have fun Bears fans.

Translation: A young incompetent GM hires a young HC who will do what he says to do. Dumb and Dumber. People will figure out that Sean McVay is a special talent and an exception to the rule. Total disaster but who the F knows. Watching KC on Saturday I wouldn't feel great about hiring their "OC"

Last edited:
Translation: A young incompetent GM hires a young HC who will do what he says to do. Dumb and Dumber. People will figure out that Sean McVay is a special talent and an exception to the rule. Total disaster but who the knows. Watching KC on Saturday I wouldn't feel great about hiring their "OC"
McVay had an incredible post game press conference too after the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.