NFL Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers has definitely slumped the last 2 years. Those 2 Hail Marys last year made his season look better. I blame his coach a little. They don't gameplan at all. They have little scheme to their offense. He holds the ball a lot and doesn't get rid of it fast.

That's definitely true. They lost all their home division games (which I don't think happened since pre-Majikowski) and should've been swept by Detroit. It's like everyone forgot that with everything I heard about Lambau last week.
At least we get a reprieve from Aikman telling us what a great underrated playcaller McCarthy is for a while. That always made me laugh.

KaiserUEO you still thinking Giants-Steelers in the Super Bowl?
What do you think of Ben McAdoo as the HC? He seems to have little respect from his best player OBJ.
Giants season is on the line this week in London. Win and they survive and lose they are done.

Wildcards in the NFC are wide open. NFC East, Green Bay, Arizona, LA Rams, Detroit, New Orleans fighting for 2 spots.

AFC: New England, Pittsburgh, Denver are playoff teams. Houston likely will win the South.

San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland, Baltimore, Buffalo fighting for 2 spots.

OBJ didn't respect Coughlin either.

Remaining QB's on Pats schedule: Landry Jones, Tyron Taylor, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Trevor Siemian, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick twice.

1 elite QB- Wilson and the rest bottom half of the league QBs.

The AFC might not be as strong as the NFC but New England is going 13-3 or 14-2.

Brady in 2 games 76% completion percentage, 782 yards, 6 TDs, 0 INTs. 135.5 QB rating.

Outside of Matt Ryan keeping it up Brady could very well make a run at NFL MVP only playing 12 games.

Taylor hasn't looked like a bottom half of the league QB lately and wasn't too shabby against the Pats.

That's definitely true. They lost all their home division games (which I don't think happened since pre-Majikowski) and should've been swept by Detroit. It's like everyone forgot that with everything I heard about Lambau last week.
At least we get a reprieve from Aikman telling us what a great underrated playcaller McCarthy is for a while. That always made me laugh.

Majikowski that is a blast from the past, I actually saw him play in person against the Giants, I think it was Lt's last game.

Taylor hasn't looked like a bottom half of the league QB lately and wasn't too shabby against the Pats.
Taylor is a middle teens to bottom teens QB.
He was okay against the Patriots. Buffalo scored 16 points and could have had 19. If Brady plays that game NE wins at home.
Flacco scares me more than Tyron Taylor.

Taylor is a middle teens to bottom teens QB.
He was okay against the Patriots. Buffalo scored 16 points and could have had 19. If Brady plays that game NE wins at home.
Flacco scares me more than Tyron Taylor.

It's Tyrod and I think you underestimate him just a bit. He seems to be coming into his own. He's not elite but he's not bottom half either.

It's Tyrod and I think you underestimate him just a bit. He seems to be coming into his own. He's not elite but he's not bottom half either.
I would rather have
Brady
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Dalton
Carr
A. Smith
Rivers
E. Manning
Cousins
Rodgers
Stafford
Brees
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Wilson
Palmer
All these guys except Winston and Carr have made the playoffs and I would want over Taylor.

that is 19 guys and I didn't even include Romo/Prescott/Wentz/Tannenhill.

With Watkins back (if) he's most definitely top half. Getting 3 first downs a game with his legs is kind of a huge factor in his favor.

Top/bottom half points are kinda silly because QB ranks are not linear. You could go to any nfl forum and get wildly different, many upside down from each other 10-22 ranks. Which sorta tells you there's very little difference between 10th & 20th. With Luck who was forgotten I count 8 qbs who are a cut above. Maybe 9 if you want to throw Ryan in there. To say some of those guys are clearly better than Taylor is some pretty Lol nitpicking at best. You do need better than Fitzpatrick; it's too bad the Jets didn't extend him.

Top/bottom half points are kinda silly because QB ranks are not linear. You could go to any nfl forum and get wildly different, many upside down from each other 10-22 ranks. Which sorta tells you there's very little difference between 10th & 20th. With Luck who was forgotten I count 8 qbs who are a cut above. Maybe 9 if you want to throw Ryan in there. To say some of those guys are clearly better than Taylor is some pretty Lol nitpicking at best. You do need better than Fitzpatrick; it's too bad the Jets didn't extend him.
Taylor is a nice QB but he isn't a top half of league QB. He isn't a bum and can clearly led a team to an okay season but I am not buying him as a QB who will ever be able to pass the ball at a high level and read defenses.

Give him credit for not turning the ball over and winning games. I don't think the gap between 10-22 and is huge but I would put him in the lower end.

I didn't put Fitzpatrick in my list. That guy had a career year against a weak schedule last year. Playing the AFC South and NFC East for 8 games over the AFC North and NFC West for 8 games a lot more difficult.

Taylor could led the Bills to the playoffs but he is smartly game managing and not being asked to win the games.

One list. If I cared much I'm sure I could research Sando's worst take and use that to discredit everything he does like you do with PFF (who likes him quite a bit; probably more than I do).

Lets say Alex Smith tears MCL, they trade for Taylor and play NE in the 2nd round. You feel better about your chances than the same game last year?
Not often there's clear value on NE ATS but I know I couldn't wait to cash my NE -5 ticket for that one last year.

One list. If I cared much I'm sure I could research Sando's worst take and use that to discredit everything he does like you do with PFF (who likes him quite a bit; probably more than I do).

Lets say Alex Smith tears MCL, they trade for Taylor and play NE in the 2nd round. You feel better about your chances than the same game last year?
Not often there's clear value on NE ATS but I know I couldn't wait to cash my NE -5 ticket for that one last year.
With Andy Reid coaching a 10 minute drive in a 2 minute drill situation it wouldn't matter. Reid doesn't have any urgency in 2 minute situations.

I would take Smith over Taylor if you gave me the choice. Its not a huge gap either I just know Smith can throw. Both of them are safe QBs but I have seen Smith win games with his arm. I do agree both try be game managers. What game has Taylor won with his arm? I saw NE week 2 last year dare Taylor beat them his arm and he couldn't.

Taylor is a solid QB though. I looked at the Bills schedule they should go 10-6 this year. Beat Miami this week your going to make the playoffs.

In typical NE fan fashion it's all about you. High bar for 2nd career start. I'd have Tannehill like 54th if I only went by Bills games.

In typical NE fan fashion it's all about you. High bar for 2nd career start. I'd have Tannehill like 54th if I only went by Bills games.
Buffalo has the number 1 running game in the NFL and top rusher in the NFL.

They are 4-2 the two losses are against the Ravens the 5th ranked rushing defense and the Jets the number 1 rush defense. I don't think that is a coincedence those are the Bills losses.
Buffalo hasn't asked Taylor to win anything with his arm. The Jets game he had that deep bomb and was contained.
I think you guys are a playoff team but Taylor is not a top half QB. Which is fine.

BTW Cusefan0307 talking about Aaron Rodgers struggling the talk in New England is that its no coincidence he has struggled since Deflategate happened.
Aaron Rodgers talked openly about over inflating the balls and tricking the refs with those balls. Since the NFL has supposedly cracked down on the ball regulations it is funny that Rodgers has struggled without over inflated balls while Brady has been an MVP.

I doubt it is the main reason he has sucked but it is funny that since Deflategate Rodgers has sucked.

They are 4-2 the two losses are against the Ravens the 5th ranked rushing defense and the Jets the number 1 rush defense. I don't think that is a coincedence those are the Bills losses.
Buffalo hasn't asked Taylor to win anything with his arm. The Jets game he had that deep bomb and was contained.
I think you guys are a playoff team but Taylor is not a top half QB. Which is fine.

Two bombs vs the Jets. He was worse in LA. And the Jets were great vs the run last year. So probably is a bit of a coincidence.

I would rather have
Brady
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Dalton
Carr
A. Smith
Rivers
E. Manning
Cousins
Rodgers
Stafford
Brees
Newton
Winston
Ryan
Wilson
Palmer
All these guys except Winston and Carr have made the playoffs and I would want over Taylor.

that is 19 guys and I didn't even include Romo/Prescott/Wentz/Tannenhill.

You're going a lot on reputation. Taylor is playing better than several of those guys THIS YEAR. I don't care what they did in the past. Palmer has sucked this year. Manning has not played very well at all. Dalton? C'mon man he has been awful this year. Alex Smith this year? Nothing special. Same with Stafford. Jameis was better last week but he's been up and down. Let's see how they stack up at the end of the year.

But what I find hilarious is the one guy you left out who has been playing lights out and who will be leading his team to the Super Bowl. Sam Bradford.

One of the reasons Buffalo has the #1 running game is Tyrod Taylor. He's on track to rush for 550 yards this year.

One of the reasons Buffalo has the #1 running game is Tyrod Taylor. He's on track to rush for 550 yards this year.
First off Minnesota isn't likely going to the SB. Dallas/Atlanta/Seattle all have the same chance as Minnesota. Bradford hasn't won a single game for the Vikings their elite D has been dominant. Bradford is more likely going screw Minnesota when it counts than win them multiple playoff games.

Then this point is laughable. In 6 games Taylor has 236 yards. Those 40 yards per game aren't why LeSean McCoy is averaging 7.1 ypc. Buffalo is running a lot of wildcat. Taylor isn't one of the main reason Buffalo has the top running game and I don't really want to debate this. You are annoying to debate because you take the smallest things like me accidentally typing Tyron when I knew his name and just are a waste of energy.

It is pretty undisputed if all this year's NFL starting QBs were put in a draft Tyrod Taylor would probably be one of the last 16 QBs picked That makes him a bottom half QB IMO.. If you think differently fine I really don't care its all opinion and we disagree.

Seattle is the best team in the NFC until proven otherwise IMO. Don't trust these other paper tigers, especially Atlanta.

Seattle is the best team in the NFC until proven otherwise IMO. Don't trust these other paper tigers, especially Atlanta.
I think Seattle and Dallas are the top 2 NFC teams. Seattle has the best QB of the contenders and they have played a hard schedule. Dallas OL if they stay healthy will keep their chitty D off the field and their QB isn't turning the ball over.

Minnesota has been good but I still don't trust them. Atlanta has an been elite offensively but unless their D improves they are 1 and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.