NFL Thread | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Lions and Pack play each other.

One will win the division, if the Lions won Monday night, and the Packers won Sat, it could be a three way tie, and I think the Giants would get left out.

Yall got a make up call that next series. Your dude hooked the recievers arm on 3rd down. So they let both sides play imo.

They scored the play after that Apple call though. And that was horrible.

Not even complaining about the Vernon one...which was NOT late, but was penalized for taking him down too roughly. For maybe some good reasons(we're going two hand touch eventually, we all know that right?) that's a penalty now. But the Apple one was a complete joke. Minimal, unavoidable, gentle contact. SMH. Led directly to a TD.

One will win the division, if the Lions won Monday night, and the Packers won Sat, it could be a three way tie, and I think the Giants would get left out.

You're assuming we lose to Washington.

NYG has tiebreak over DET.

If that was correct, the Giants would have clinched a playoff birth already.

I know and that's why I'm asking what the scenario would have to be for them not to make the playoffs. Seems extremely unlikely.

They scored the play after that Apple call though. And that was horrible.

Not even complaining about the Vernon one...which was NOT late, but was penalized for taking him down too roughly. For maybe some good reasons(we're going two hand touch eventually, we all know that right?) that's a penalty now. But the Apple one was a complete joke. Minimal, unavoidable, gentle contact. SMH. Led directly to a TD.

Considering just how bad officiating has been all year I thought it was fairly decent and not terribly one sided. That roughing call on Apple was pretty weak. Cam Newton wishes he could get calls like that.

Considering just how bad officiating has been all year I thought it was fairly decent and not terribly one sided. That rough call on Apple was weak. Cam Newton wishes he could get calls like that.

Not terribly one sided, but when a terrible call goes against you in a one score game, and they happened to score the next play...it's hard not to point it out.

The John Jerry false start on 4th and 1, followed by missed PI call was just maddening though.

And JPP, then Jenkins, now Snacks...all of a sudden all our defensive studs keep dropping.

Nfl.com

The Giants can also miss the playoffs entirely by losing their final two games amid a stew of chaos: The Falcons (9-5), Packers (8-6) and Bucs (8-6) winning out and the Lions beating the Cowboys before falling to Green Bay in Week 17. If all that happens, winter has come for the G-Men.

Seems unlikely to me the Giants miss the playoffs.

Nfl.com

The Giants can also miss the playoffs entirely by losing their final two games amid a stew of chaos: The Falcons (9-5), Packers (8-6) and Bucs (8-6) winning out and the Lions beating the Cowboys before falling to Green Bay in Week 17. If all that happens, winter has come for the G-Men.

Seems unlikely to me the Giants miss the playoffs.

The Giants will be rooting for the Cowboys this week, how ironic.

Giants are getting in. 1% chance to miss out.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-22%20at%2011.52.17%20PM_zpsyddverce.png

Giants are making it.
Only chance they are out is of:
Tampa and Atlanta win out
Green Baywins out
Detroit beats Dallas.

Carolina is too good to lose to both Atlanta and Tampa.

Giants are in.

Clearly a roughing call. You just can't do that to a quarterback in the NFL.
Clearly pass interference.

Giants are in.

Clearly a roughing call. You just can't do that to a quarterback in the NFL.
Clearly pass interference.

Assume you're talking about the Vernon one. Because the Apple one was unavoidable(he tried), harmless, and very light contact. There's often more contact when a baseball player slides into third base than there was on that play. Plays like that should be reviewable, that flag should've been picked up.

I wonder if the Cowboys will tank this week. If I were them I sit Sean Lee who has a huge injury history. He gets hurt a lot and it would be pointless to play him a single snap before the playoffs.
I would play the starters into the 3rd quarter and then phase as many as they can out.

Ahhh. So entertaining when any Manning stinks up the joint!
Manning lost that game last night.
The pick-6 put them in a huge hole.
He had Beckham and overthrew him.
That Eli is why people are down on him.
That Giants D was awesome last night but the turnovers killed them.
They are still going to make the playoffs as they control their own destiny.

I'd love to see Eli play quarterback with the Saints defense. If Drew Brees had the Giants D, the Saints would be 11-3 minimum right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.