NFL Thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the first game either because it was up against the clown show 2nd Presidential Debate but I don't think the NYG defense was playing as well in October as they are now.
Mind you I am not picking them to come out of the NFC I just think they have earned my respect to feel they should go into GB and win.

The Packers beat them pretty easily.

C1I9TU4UAAAIcgJ

Current Lines for NFL Wildcard Weekend per @lvsuperbook

Oak at Hou (-2.5)
Det at Sea (-7)

Mia at Pit (-9.5)
NYG at GB (-4.5)

I don't like John Mara.
I don't hate his team but the dude I don't like
with this said Green Bay has not been impressive tonight.
Detroit controlled the first half and squandered their domination.
The right side of the Green Bay secondary is XFL quality.
Green Bay can't defend the pass.
Stafford is a moron for not taking advantage of GB's weakness.
Eli will.
What does this possibly have to do with who is the team someone doesn't want to play in the playoffs? Didn't have enough I hate Mara posts yesterday and making sure you hit your quota? Total non sequitur.

Other than that, the rest of your post is spot on. Still no guarantee the NYFG will march into Lambeau and come out with a win. It will be the pass-protection challenged vs. the offensively challenged. But the Giants have offensive talent. GB arguably does not have secondary talent.

Besides the Patriots this is the worst group of AFC playoff teams I ever remember. Carr getting hurt really changed the outlook on the AFC. The NFC is much more interesting. I think every team besides Detroit can get to the Super Bowl.

What does this possibly have to do with who is the team someone doesn't want to play in the playoffs? Didn't have enough I hate Mara posts yesterday and making sure you hit your quota? Total non sequitur.

Other than that, the rest of your post is spot on. Still no guarantee the NYFG will march into Lambeau and come out with a win. It will be the pass-protection challenged vs. the offensively challenged. But the Giants have offensive talent. GB arguably does not have secondary talent.
I put that so the post I was responding to didn't think I was a Giants hater affecting my opinion.
I don't hate the Giants I do hate your owner that the was the point of the disclaimer.

That game will be bet down to 3-4
by mid week and then Sharps will jump on it.

So if it drops to 3-4 and then the sharps jump on it then that means they like GB.

Besides the Patriots this is the worst group of AFC playoff teams I ever remember. Carr getting hurt really changed the outlook on the AFC. The NFC is much more interesting. I think every team besides Detroit can get to the Super Bowl.
KC winning the division gives the Pats a tomato can in the divisional round Hou/Oak less Carr/Miami.
KC/Pitt have a punchers chance in the AFC title
Game against NE but I feel confident with how the D has done their are going to the SB.
NFC IMO is between Dallas and NYG.
Atlanta are dogs in the playoffs.
Seattle without Earl Thomas doesn't have the same D.
Green Bay's secondary is the professional version of the 2016 Syracuse secondary with any decent QB.
Detroit overachieved making the playoffs.

KC winning the division gives the Pats a tomato can in the divisional round Hou/Oak less Carr/Miami.
Game against NE but I feel confident with how the D has done their are going to the SB.
Green Bay's secondary is the professional version of the 2016 Syracuse secondary with any decent QB.

Green Bay can win if Perry, Peppers, and Matthews get to Eli. That's the key to the game IMO. Eli is one of the worst QB's against pressure this year. They can hide the secondary if he is rushed into quick decisions.

Green Bay can win if Perry, Peppers, and Matthews get to Eli. That's the key to the game IMO. Eli is one of the worst QB's against pressure this year. They can hide the secondary if he is rushed into quick decisions.

Weather could be a factor as well.

I think you overrate NE. Their sked was soft as a newborn baby's behind. Easily the weakest in the NFL. Only notable win was against Pitt and Big Ben didn't play. Both KC and Pitt will have much more than a puncher's chance. I can see either one of them going into NE and winning that game.

I agree with you on Seattle.

GB's defense is mediocre but their QB is all world.

Atlanta is flying under the radar. Second best OL in football, Ryan is playing very well and has threats all over the field. They'll blow Seattle right out of the Georgia Dome.

I think you overrate NE. Their sked was soft as a newborn baby's behind. Easily the weakest in the NFL. Only notable win was against Pitt and Big Ben didn't play. Both KC and Pitt will have much more than a puncher's chance. I can see either one of them going into NE and winning that game.

I agree with you on Seattle.

GB's defense is mediocre but their QB is all world.

Atlanta is flying under the radar. Second best OL in football, Ryan is playing very well and has threats all over the field. They'll blow Seattle right out of the Georgia Dome.
They won at Denver, they dominated Baltimore, and swept the Dolphins.

Their D has progressed I doubt you have closely watched them.
Trey Flowers has developed into a really good pass rusher. Nikovich has gotten better.
Kyle Van Noy, Alandon Roberts, Shea McCleanin have stabilized the LB core.
Logan Ryan and Eagles bums Eric Rowe and Patrick Chung have been great in the secondary behind their #1 stud CB Malcolm Butler.

I was worried about the D. After 9 games they weren't getting turnovers. The team was -1 in turnover margin. The last 7 weeks the team was +12.

Alex Smith isn't coming into Foxboro and out playing Tom Brady.
Ben Rothlisberger could score on them but the Pitt D sucks against NE.
Brady has never lost at home to Pittsburgh.

New England makes the SB unless the team commits 3 turnovers in the AFC title game.

They won at Denver, they dominated Baltimore, and swept the Dolphins.

Their D has progressed I doubt you have closely watched them.
Trey Flowers has developed into a really good pass rusher. Nikovich has gotten better.
Kyle Van Noy, Alandon Roberts, Shea McCleanin have stabilized the LB core.
Logan Ryan and Eagles bums Eric Rowe and Patrick Chung have been great in the secondary behind their #1 stud CB Malcolm Butler.

I was worried about the D. After 9 games they weren't getting turnovers. The team was -1 in turnover margin. The last 7 weeks the team was +12.

Alex Smith isn't coming into Foxboro and out playing Tom Brady.
Ben Rothlisberger could score on them but the Pitt D sucks against NE.
Brady has never lost at home to Pittsburgh.

New England makes the SB unless the team commits 3 turnovers in the AFC title game.

You lost me when you began singing the praises of Chung and Rowe. lol

Your signature wins are against two non-playoff teams and a third that barely made it? OK

You lost me when you began singing the praises of Chung and Rowe. lol

Your signature wins are against two non-playoff teams and a third that barely made it? OK
Who did the Steelers beat?
Giants and Chiefs are it.
They aren't going into NE with that D without Cam Hayward their best DL and shutting down Brady.
It would be a close game but NE would win 8 out of 10 times.
KC has a HC and QB problem against Brady and Belichick.
Andy Reid has won one career game against Belichick as a HC. He is the anti-Tom Coughlin.
If you feel NE is weak you could make serious coin as they are better than even money to win the AFC.

They could lose but they will be over 6 point favorites over all AFC teams.

Who did the Steelers beat?
Giants and Chiefs are it.
They aren't going into NE with that D without Cam Hayward their best DL and shutting down Brady.
It would be a close game but NE would win 8 out of 10 times.
KC has a HC and QB problem against Brady and Belichick.
Andy Reid has won one career game against Belichick as a HC. He is the anti-Tom Coughlin.
If you feel NE is weak you could make serious coin as they are better than even money to win the AFC.

They could lose but they will be over 6 point favorites over all AFC teams.

I plan on making money when the AFC title game is played. They have a cupcake match-up in the divisional round.

Wins over KC and NYG are more impressive than anything NE has done this year. I can't blame NE for their sked, you beat who you play but they really haven't been tested. The one time they were Seattle b*tch slapped em pretty hard.

The way you beat NE is with defense and KC has the best defense in the NFL. One caveat is that Justin Houston's health status is up in the air. I would assume he can play in a few weeks but that's not a definite. Denver beat NE last year with a QB half as effective as Alex Smith.

I plan on making money when the AFC title game is played. They have a cupcake match-up in the divisional round.

Wins over KC and NYG are more impressive than anything NE has done this year. I can't blame NE for their sked, you beat who you play but they really haven't been tested. The one time they were Seattle b*tch slapped em pretty hard.

The way you beat NE is with defense and KC has the best defense in the NFL. One caveat is that Justin Houston's health status is up in the air. I would assume he can play in a few weeks but that's not a definite. Denver beat NE last year with a QB half as effective as Alex Smith.
Seattle beat them by 7 and the game ended with NE on the Seattle 1 yard line. It was a reverse SB 49.
Also that was the first game after they traded Jaime Collins who was hurting the D by not listening to the coaches.
The D improved a lot since they implemented the players I listed above.
Denver beat NE because the Game was played in Mile High and the Pats OL was hurt by crowd noise and von Miller realized the Pats only had one snap count and he destroyed the OL by jumping it and the Denver DL killed Beady. If that game is in NE the Pats win it easily.

Houston and the Chiefs came into Foxboro winning 10 in a row last year and Andy Reid/Alex Smith happened.

I had Giants - Steelers in August, so I will stay with it...but I don't see anyway the patsies lose till the big 1.

The pokes will be 1 and done.

Obviously I got the Giants winning 2, but gb would beat them too.

I had Giants - Steelers in August, so I will stay with it...but I don't see anyway the patsies lose till the big 1.

The pokes will be 1 and done.

Obviously I got the Giants winning 2, but gb would beat them too.
The Dallas vs. NYG/GB winner will decide the NFC IMO.
Seattle without Thomas will struggle in Atlanta. I don't trust Atlanta to win 2 games.

The Packers are going to send the Giants home early, no one is giving the Pack enough credit.

My SB pick is ATL and NE.

I don't think anyone can match points with ATL in a dome environment which is what they will get the whole way.

Status
Not open for further replies.