NFL Thread | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sanchez is better than dak.

in the Giants last 4 games...they beat the pokes, the then #1 team in the north Detroit, lost at philly and then beat the redskins at their place when they had everything to play for and the Giants did not.

Giants finished the season 9-2 as well.

whos the hot team again??

oh, and in 2011 they beat the 15-1 pack, with the league MVP at QB...in their building.

they most certainly don't scare blue.

Common denominator: both NYG and DAL lost to Philly in last two weeks. Bet you guys are happy you don't have to play the Birds this weekend. :cool:

Common denominator: both NYG and DAL lost to Philly in last two weeks. Bet you guys are happy you don't have to play the Birds this weekend. :cool:
other than 1981 and 2000, im happy not playing the iggs under any scenario.

Any idea which Giant this is with the Bowl in his hand?
C1RIhShW8AQMhYZ.jpg:large

Where's the booger sugar?

Eagles traded Sam Bradford for Carson Wentz and losing 2-3 spots in the draft and a 2nd round pick.
Howie Roseman who I ripped ended up doing a good job.

Eagles traded Sam Bradford for Carson Wentz and losing 2-3 spots in the draft and a 2nd round pick.
Howie Roseman who I ripped ended up doing a good job.

I hated the trade but Wentz is the real deal. Birds got lucky that Vikes lost about 14 offensive linemen plus AP.

Hold off on the Roseman plaudits. His drafting history is otherwise abysmal.

Birds own NYG like NYG owns the Skins and Patriots (right alsacs?).
I don't like the matchup just because of 2007.
However I think it would be a matchup we are best prepared for this year. Since the Pats can run the ball and be the team to control TOP.
2011 the Giants were a better team than New England.

I don't like the matchup just because of 2007.
However I think it would be a matchup we are best prepared for this year. Since the Pats can run the ball and be the team to control TOP.
2011 the Giants were a better team than New England.

Here is the thing about 07, and why its not a good comparison to this years Giants team, that team had a great group of pass rushers, Strahan, Tuck, Osi, someone else who I am forgetting about, someone help me out, this years Giants team doesn't have that kind of elite pass rushers.

Here is the thing about 07, and why its not a good comparison to this years Giants team, that team had a great group of pass rushers, Strahan, Tuck, Osi, someone else who I am forgetting about, someone help me out, this years Giants team doesn't have that kind of elite pass rushers.
You're probably thinking about Robbins. Or Cofield.

May not need an all-star group like that this year. We do need JPP back on the field, though.

May not need an all-star group like that this year. We do need JPP back on the field, though.

Yes Cofield was the one I was thinking of, Robbins was pretty good too. Well they won that Sb because they were in Brady's face all day long, and he could never set his feet to throw.

Yes Cofield was the one I was thinking of, Robbins was pretty good too. Well they won that Sb because they were in Brady's face all day long, and he could never set his feet to throw.
Best secondary in football and all world run defense.

Don't have to get to the passer, just let make mistakes.

A banged up Gronk didn't hurt the NYG cause either.
The murderer was pretty good too.

And Gisele had a prayer chain going for them...so that injury was negated...

I concur, NYG's DBackfield is probably the best out there. But even they can't cover forever while Rodgers runs all over the place, so the return of JPP is critical.

The murderer was pretty good too.

And Gisele had a prayer chain going for them...so that injury was negated...
Wes Welker dropped the ball that would have ended the game.
Gronk being hurt was huge.
That Pats team though had the worst D ever of a team to make the Super Bowl.

I think this Giant team is overrated. The D is solid, but outside of the replacement QB teams they have the worst offense in the playoffs. This Patriot team is better than 2011. Brady is playing the best QB I've ever seen anybody play this year between throwing, decision making and moving in the pocket.

I think this Giant team is overrated. The D is solid, but outside of the replacement QB teams they have the worst offense in the playoffs. This Patriot team is better than 2011. Brady is playing the best QB I've ever seen anybody play this year between throwing, decision making and moving in the pocket.
The 2 times we have played NYG their DL dominated the NE OL because the team was one dimensional. The Pats aren't one dimensional this year they ran the ball 44% of the time which is their highest since 2004 when they beat the Eagles.
By running the ball it has slowed down opposing pass rushers.

The Giants won by going after the pass and killing. Brady. Pats can run the ball this year. I am confident they would score in the 20s against the NYG this year.

Pats can matchup Malcolm Butler on OBJ and have the weapons to slow down an average NYG offense.
Worst matchup from the NFC for NE is Seattle.
They are smart and balanced.
Looking at Atlanta they aren't as strong as people think. They played 9 games against teams with passing D ranked 23rd or lower. NE didn't play one game against an opposing pass D ranked below 21st.
Those NFC South teams had poor secondaries.
Matt Ryan will lose it for Atlanta.
Dallas relies on their OL dominating and shortening the game for an average D.
NE-Dallas would be a 4 quarter tight game.
I can't see the GB roster beating NE with that secondary.

However before the eggs hatch they will beat the Raiders/Texans and have a game against KC/Pitt winner.
KC would have a shot because they have a real D.
Their HC/QB would blow it though unless their D got turnovers.
Pitt would score but NE would score more.

Well, they are 2 PPG better than the Texans and have the weapons (which haven't seemed to translate into points) Houston doesn't have.

But I take your point.

Well, they are 2 PPG better than the Texans and have the weapons (which haven't seemed to translate into points) Houston doesn't have.

But I take your point.

I guess I consider Houston a team with a replacement QB. I can't believe that team is most likely going to win a playoff game. The AFC is hot garbage this year.

The 2 times we have played NYG their DL dominated the NE OL because the team was one dimensional. The Pats aren't one dimensional this year they ran the ball 44% of the time which is their highest since 2004 when they beat the Eagles.
By running the ball it has slowed down opposing pass rushers.

The Giants won by going after the pass and killing. Brady. Pats can run the ball this year. I am confident they would score in the 20s against the NYG this year.

Pats can matchup Malcolm Butler on OBJ and have the weapons to slow down an average NYG offense.
Worst matchup from the NFC for NE is Seattle.
They are smart and balanced.
Looking at Atlanta they aren't as strong as people think. They played 9 games against teams with passing D ranked 23rd or lower. NE didn't play one game against an opposing pass D ranked below 21st.
Those NFC South teams had poor secondaries.
Matt Ryan will lose it for Atlanta.
Dallas relies on their OL dominating and shortening the game for an average D.
NE-Dallas would be a 4 quarter tight game.
I can't see the GB roster beating NE with that secondary.

However before the eggs hatch they will beat the Raiders/Texans and have a game against KC/Pitt winner.
KC would have a shot because they have a real D.
Their HC/QB would blow it though unless their D got turnovers.
Pitt would score but NE would score more.

I wouldn't focus too much on either Seattle or NYG (apologies to Big Blue fans) as potential NE opponents. Much higher likelihood of DAL or ATL being the NFC entrant with GB as a dark horse.

i hate to break it to everyone, but dallas sucks.

they had no business winning about 5 games this year.

that wont happen in the playoffs.

Eli passed for 4000 yards and 26 TDs, with no run game...they have 1 now and played with leads a lot in the 2nd half when McAdoo reeled in the O and let Spags channel Bill & Bill from the 1980s.

what the pack saw in week 5 is not what they are going to see in the Wildcard.

I wont guarantee a W, for this is THE game...im with bayside, the winner of this likely goes to the Bowl.

I like my chances with Eli, and this D.

and if they win long enough for JPP to come back...

i hate to break it to everyone, but dallas sucks.

they had no business winning about 5 games this year.

that wont happen in the playoffs.

Eli passed for 4000 yards and 26 TDs, with no run game...they have 1 now and played with leads a lot in the 2nd half when McAdoo reeled in the O and let Spags channel Bill & Bill from the 1980s.

what the pack saw in week 5 is not what they are going to see in the Wildcard.

I wont guarantee a W, for this is THE game...im with bayside, the winner of this likely goes to the Bowl.

I like my chances with Eli, and this D.

and if they win long enough for JPP to come back...

There is a reason why GB and NY are statistical long shots to win the SB. They obviously have a tough match-up with each other and then will have to likely go beat DAL and ATL on the road. That's a trifecta that will be very tough to pull off.

When I compare NY to the other NFC teams I do think they have the best defense of the bunch. And it's true that their ground game is improving. I'm sure Pugh's return helps there. Ironically the one area where I feel they're weaker than most of the other NFC entrants is at the QB position. Eli is not playing at the level of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.